Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Left Behind?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus, she is really in a bad state to think she can talk Ray down from following his apparent dream he's spent years on.
    Nit pick. His dream only came about after he was unable to save his fiancé when Slade had his mirikuru soldiers running rampant so not years, but maybe half a year?

And I thought it was rude of her to turn the lights off on Roy and Diggle.
    MRF did a nice job explaining the in show reason it happened but I have to question it being labeled as rude. I don't know how someone doing something dramatic in the midst of a fight about making a choice to save Dig and Roy's lives hours after they'd "confirmed" Oliver was dead can be categorized as rude.

Rude is something that happens in circumstances when people expect people to be maintaining their manners. They were fighting. Call it melodramatic or over the top but rude is cutting in line or not saying thank you or not turning your phone off in the movies. Turning the lights off was sending a deliberate message. Before they were keeping the lights on until Oliver came back. Oliver wasn't coming back so she blatantly turned off the lights.

Yes, if Diggle or Roy were going to hang in the lair after that, they were going to have to climb the stairs and turn on the lights and yes that is an inconvenience but who is worried about manners (or expects manners) in the middle of a deeply emotional fight? It's not a personality trait, it was a reaction to a specific and unique circumstance and a relatively mild reaction.

The lights going off were the metaphoric shut down of the Arrow Cave. She could have done something far more drastic. She could have locked them out of the computers or hid the weapons or even changed the code on the door. She turned off a light switch.
    Last edited by BkWurm1; 01-23-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Felicity's reactions throughout were expected and generally believable in my book. And she was self-aware enough that when she did bring up Ray's fiancee (she was off-base and Ray rightly called her out on it), she did apologize for it. And while Diggle had a point that everyone on Team Arrow must be able to trust each other aka no second-guessing in the field, Felicity didn't want to jeopardize their lives (or Ray's by helping him with his project).

The cave lights being turned off is a non-issue for me. It was done for melodramatic effect, to underline Felicity's point that it's not an Arrow cave without an Arrow etc. And, she did leave the monitors on:

(deleted scene)
      "Roy: Uhh, the lights are off. There are, like, two dozen steps to climb to get up to the Verdant. Suggestions?

Diggle: Shh, give it a minute -- let your eyes adjust to the night vision. And - 1 - 2 - I've got night vision now. Just watch your step. (Diggle climbs stairs.)

Roy: Hey, you're right! Anyway the monitors are on and I'll just use them to guide me. (screens go into sleep mode). Oh. Hey, Diggle -- the monitors went to sleep and (Diggle leaves, door closes upstairs). Hmm. Okay. It's totally dark now. Night vision -- not happening. And I'm talking to myself. (awkward silence) Well ... isn't this a bit of a pickle."

j/k They're big boys, I'm sure they got out alive.
      Last edited by President_Luthor; 01-24-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

10! Mainly for Laurel's line.

Comment

I did like that they didn't use the lazarus pit. the show was good thouth

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
            Nit pick. His dream only came about after he was unable to save his fiancé when Slade had his mirikuru soldiers running rampant so not years, but maybe half a year?

MRF did a nice job explaining the in show reason it happened but I have to question it being labeled as rude. I don't know how someone doing something dramatic in the midst of a fight about making a choice to save Dig and Roy's lives hours after they'd "confirmed" Oliver was dead can be categorized as rude.

Rude is something that happens in circumstances when people expect people to be maintaining their manners. They were fighting. Call it melodramatic or over the top but rude is cutting in line or not saying thank you or not turning your phone off in the movies. Turning the lights off was sending a deliberate message. Before they were keeping the lights on until Oliver came back. Oliver wasn't coming back so she blatantly turned off the lights.

Yes, if Diggle or Roy were going to hang in the lair after that, they were going to have to climb the stairs and turn on the lights and yes that is an inconvenience but who is worried about manners (or expects manners) in the middle of a deeply emotional fight? It's not a personality trait, it was a reaction to a specific and unique circumstance and a relatively mild reaction.

The lights going off were the metaphoric shut down of the Arrow Cave. She could have done something far more drastic. She could have locked them out of the computers or hid the weapons or even changed the code on the door. She turned off a light switch.
            I like the word nit pick.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              Felicity's reactions throughout were expected and generally believable in my book. And she was self-aware enough that when she did bring up Ray's fiancee (she was off-base and Ray rightly called her out on it), she did apologize for it. And while Diggle had a point that everyone on Team Arrow must be able to trust each other aka no second-guessing in the field, Felicity didn't want to jeopardize their lives (or Ray's by helping him with his project).

The cave lights being turned off is a non-issue for me. It was done for melodramatic effect, to underline Felicity's point that it's not an Arrow cave without an Arrow etc. And, she did leave the monitors on:

(deleted scene)
              "Roy: Uhh, the lights are off. There are, like, two dozen steps to climb to get up to the Verdant. Suggestions?

Diggle: Shh, give it a minute -- let your eyes adjust to the night vision. And - 1 - 2 - I've got night vision now. Just watch your step. (Diggle climbs stairs.)

Roy: Hey, you're right! Anyway the monitors are on and I'll just use them to guide me. (screens go into sleep mode). Oh. Hey, Diggle -- the monitors went to sleep and (Diggle leaves, door closes upstairs). Hmm. Okay. It's totally dark now. Night vision -- not happening. And I'm talking to myself. (awkward silence) Well ... isn't this a bit of a pickle."

j/k They're big boys, I'm sure they got out alive.
              Yes, of course they can handle it. And i had already stated Felicity was being pushed heavily by events. But, imo, it was still rude, by which I simply mean it was a bit disrespectful toward Diggle and Roy.

This was such a minor thing that i have no idea why it's such an issue to bring up any criticism of Felicity, who I really like on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
                Yes, of course they can handle it. And i had already stated Felicity was being pushed heavily by events. But, imo, it was still rude, by which I simply mean it was a bit disrespectful toward Diggle and Roy.

This was such a minor thing that i have no idea why it's such an issue to bring up any criticism of Felicity, who I really like on the show.
                I think it showed that Felicity was very wrapped up in her own grief and not giving consideration to how Diggle or Roy felt. Which doesn't make her a bad person, because grief can do that to people, but that moment WAS her walking away from them and disregarding them to some extent. I really disliked the way she threw Ray's dead fiancee in his face, but again, that was a very human reaction from someone who's lost two people she was close to in a short period of time.

President Luthor, your 'deleted scene' cracked me up

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎