0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Failing this city
    0%

It was good.

Comment

I liked it I have to watch it again because distractions caused me to not pay attention the last ten or so minutes.

Comment

Well here we go. Oliver is well back. Like there was any doubt? Malcolm is still lying like ever. The action stuff was good and it was a set up for the next three episodes. So I very much enjoyed the episode.
        Yea on the Hong Kong flashbacks for picking up speed and it was funny to see Oliver's first attempt on zip lining. I like the flashbacks the most. Stuff I didn't like was Felicity of how she shut the door on Diggle and Roy along with her acting. Yes I get she was trying to save their lives and her grieving but common I got more winning out of her in this episode.

Now before you all throw pitch forks at me let me state my case. (No I don't Laurel as a lawyer) My disappointment is she should have been able to put aside her feelings and got the job done. She's worked with Team Arrow for what three and half years now. If Oliver's screw ups in season 1 for having a blind spot for Laurel didn't almost send Diggle off the team for good it should have been clear you can't bring personal feelings into this. After all this time we should have seen her develop into a stronger character instead in felt soap opera to me.

I do consider he apology to Ray to be fair nice considering most main characters should at least get one major wrong moment which helps make them more human she could have been portrayed better. Their attempts to show her grief were very immaturely done. Because I very much enjoy her character and would be very ticked off at the show if they ever got rid of her and Diggle but I wish for her to be treated better.

Other than that I very much enjoy the return episode. Oh and before I forget yea Tatsu is not dead also I hold off judgment for Laurel until next week.
        Last edited by Haggard01; 01-21-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I liked seeing Roy and Digg in action Roy I think continues to grow and I hope he shines the most in Ollie's absence. I'm not sure if Felicity was overreacting or not? But I think it's understandable why she would. I really liked Ray this episode in that one scene with Felicity his character I thought showed a lot of depth.

Malcolm is the most curious to me because he had to know Ollie would fail in killing Ra's so he had to know the death warrant would still be on his head so why send Ollie when you know this? He has to have a bigger plan and I'm still not sure if Merlyn is this season's big bad or Ra's?

Vince Jones was great he's a great actor and glade he'll be around for awhile. I think Laurel's was a natural jump for her I just hope she's not to ba right away she needs to earn that like Ollie did.

And seeing Katana and her ex? husband (can't remember his name) save Ollie and he's already breathing which maybe disappointing depending on how they saved him.

And a negative for me was all the jumping around with time it had me extremely confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
            Well here we go. Oliver is well back. Like there was any doubt? Malcolm is still lying like ever. The action stuff was good and it was a set up for the next three episodes. So I very much enjoyed the episode.
            Yea on the Hong Kong flashbacks for picking up speed and it was funny to see Oliver's first attempt on zip lining. I like the flashbacks the most. Stuff I didn't like was Felicity of how she shut the door on Diggle and Roy along with her acting. Yes I get she was trying to save their lives and her grieving but common I got more winning out of her in this episode.

Now before you all throw pitch forks at me let me state my case. (No I don't Laurel as a lawyer) My disappointment is she should have been able to put aside her feelings and got the job done. She's worked with Team Arrow for what three and half years now. If Oliver's screw ups in season 1 for having a blind spot for Laurel didn't almost send Diggle off the team for good it should have been clear you can't bring personal feelings into this. After all this time we should have seen her develop into a stronger character instead in felt soap opera to me.

I do consider he apology to Ray to be fair nice considering most main characters should at least get one major wrong moment which helps make them more human she could have been portrayed better. Their attempts to show her grief were very immaturely done. Because I very much enjoy her character and would be very ticked off at the show if they ever got rid of her and Diggle but I wish for her to be treated better.

Other than that I very much enjoy the return episode. Oh and before I forget yea Tatsu is not dead also I hold off judgment for Laurel until next week.
            2 and half years actually and I thought to she overreacted but I think it's believable though.

Comment

I thought it was a great episode, but was a bit surprised they showed Oliver alive so quickly. Felicity really shined this week, everyone did a good job, Laurel was even tolerable until they put her into her sister's costume.

Comment

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH. I need to back up to the beginning of this episode. This episode is dealing with the aftermath of Oliver's deat at the hands of Ra's Al Ghul and how the group is taking it. Meanwhile a guy named Danny Brickwell has risen up and he is planning on taking over the Glades. Also Laurel takes on the mantle of the Black Canary in this episode.

What I liked:

-The fight scenes all throughout. Both in the present day and in the flashbacks.

-The emotional scenes that Felicity was giving us. It made the episode more emotional.

-The flashbacks were good in this episode (probably because of the aforementioned action scenes).

-The training scene with Malcolm and Thea.

-Laurel's debut as the Black Canary (even though I still prefer Sara over her).

-OLIVER HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

-TATSU aka KATANA IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I disliked:

-Not much. This here is not a dislike, but I'm surprised that Oliver was brought back to life this soon. My reaction to Oliver being brought back to life was "well that was quick." But I'm still happy that he is alive.

Awesome episode with an amazing ending. I was going to give it somewhere between a 8.9 out of 10 and 9.3 out of 10, but with that ending I have to give this a 9.5 or a 9.6 out of 10. This was an excellent episode. It is so great to have Arrow Season 3 back off of hiatus. I can't wait for the next episode and for what is in store for the rest of Season 3 in general .

Comment

So in the next episode or 2 will Oliver be able to e-mail or call Felicity telling her he is alive?

Comment

Eh. Still not good enough. It's like the show can't learn from its mistakes this season.

For an episode that was supposed to [SPOILER] be the start of a Canary Trilogy [/SPOILER], it certainly didn't feature a lot of...Canary. I understand the need to show everyone's grief (although apparently Laurel handled it well, WTF!), but they really went overboard with Felicity's. And in hindsight, maybe this episode shouldn't have featured Ray. Because among everything that was happening, we didn't get a chance to see much of Laurel's state of mind or what drove her to don Sara's costume. Such a pity. In a way, it's the same oversight they made when Roy became Arsenal. I really wish they took more time to explain how heroes become, you know, heroes.

I loved that we got more of Diggle and Roy in this episode. As well as a different dynamic on Team Arrow, which had to happen at some point. As for Felicity, not her best episode. Or Emily's for that matter. One of my favorite parts of the episode was Ray putting her in her place. Long overdue.

The really surprising thing was how much Oliver's storyline progressed here. I didn't expect them to reveal who took his body. Much less reveal Maseo and Tatsu (especially her's) involvement. I'm really eager for next week's episode, just so we can find out what actually happened and how he's alive again. And unlike a lot of other stuff that's going on in the show, I hope this isn't another "it just happened" explanation. Because by all rights, Oliver should be dead after that fall.

7/10. Mainly for Vinnie Jones.
                    Last edited by costas22; 01-22-2015, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Great episode. Judging by Maseo's last comment I take it that Oliver was actually dead and not just unconscious.

Except for Felicity, who was irritating, and Malcolm, who I find completely unsympathetic, I loved everyone this episode. My favourite scene was definitely between Laurel and Diggle at the end.

The only thing I can fault about this episode is why Diggle wasn't wearing at least some sort of mask when he was trying to take down Brick. Not completely sure how he was able to survive a head shot though.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. i do understand felicity's over-reaction. We have seen many times how emotional she is - quick reaction to her mom as an example. Why do we want characters to be stoic, and react to grievous situations as if nothing happened. I like to see that characters are not so jaded by the death and mayhem, that they do have emotion. so for me, this outpouroing by felicity, and her inability to think objectively worked just fine.

Maseo saved oliver. Some people did expect that. Tatsu being there as well - AWESOME!

Malcolm - now that is interesting. he could not find Oliver's body and assumed what exactly - he told the Arrow team that Oliver died because ra's leaves the tool of death (the sword behind). Though, if he really believed that, would he try to protect Thea by running out of town? If Ra's killed Oliver, he would eliminate the debt owed by Oliver for killing Sara. So then why is Malcolm worried about Thea?

Comment

^ You're confused about what Malcolm wanted. Malcolm used Thea and Oliver to force a confrontation between Ra's and Oliver believing that Oliver would WIN said confrontation and kill Ra's, which would wipe out any standing 'warrants' put out by Ra's and the League, including the price on his (Malcolm's) head.

By the time Oliver learned that Malcolm was alive and told Nyssa to tell her father that Malcolm was under his protection, Malcolm had already set his 'preemptive strike plan' against the League and Ra's in motion by having a brainwashed Thea kill Sara, and clearly didn't trust the League to abide by Oliver's demand... hence why he went forward in forcing Oliver to deliver his (Malcolm's) preemptive strike.

With that preemptive strike having failed and no 'failsafe' (even a flimsy one) in place to stop the League from coming after him, Malcolm wants to get himself and Thea "the heck out of dodge" and disappear before the League comes after him again.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                            ^ You're confused about what Malcolm wanted. Malcolm used Thea and Oliver to force a confrontation between Ra's and Oliver believing that Oliver would WIN said confrontation and kill Ra's, which would wipe out any standing 'warrants' put out by Ra's and the League, including the price on his (Malcolm's) head.

By the time Oliver learned that Malcolm was alive and told Nyssa to tell her father that Malcolm was under his protection, Malcolm had already set his 'preemptive strike plan' against the League and Ra's in motion by having a brainwashed Thea kill Sara, and clearly didn't trust the League to abide by Oliver's demand... hence why he went forward in forcing Oliver to deliver his (Malcolm's) preemptive strike.

With that preemptive strike having failed and no 'failsafe' (even a flimsy one) in place to stop the League from coming after him, Malcolm wants to get himself and Thea "the heck out of dodge" and disappear before the League comes after him again.
                            It makes no sense that Malcolm thought Oliver would win against Ra's. Oliver barely manages to beat Malcolm. How could Malcolm think Oliver would be able to beat the person that was the leader of a group of people like Malcolm?

Comment

I think Malcolm's plan was more of a gamble. As good as Ollie may be, even Malcolm had to have considered the strong possibility that Ra's was better than Ollie and that Ollie's failure would mean Malcolm still owed a blood debt to Ra's. Malcolm was doubling down, playing the slight odds that Ollie might be lucky or catch a break with Ra's guard down and somehow prevail. I don't think Malcolm could have been 100 per cent confident that Ollie was going to win. In Ollie's case, knowing he needed to win -- and being sure he was going to win are two different things. He knew he had to win, must win for Thea's sake -- but he couldn't be sure he was going to.

I didn't have much of an issue with Felicity's reactions. Diggle pretty much explained it. While he and Roy were already coming to accept that Ollie was likely dead (their trying to fill the void on the streets showing how they would cope) Felicity had put her acceptance on hold in defiance of the growing likelihood that Ollie wasn't coming back. Only Malcolm's confirmation and physically seeing Ollie's blood on the sword forced the reality of his death upon her. Her reaction was to try to protect the team and Ray from suffering a similar fate. Diggle was right that the team had to be able to trust each other, but I can understand Felicity's expected emotional reaction to it. (Ollie did drop the L-word on her before he left for his duel.) Her reactions with Ray were also understandable. She was off-base talking about Ray's fiancee, with Ray rightly calling her out on it, but she did apologize soon after.

The team each had their own way of reacting to this truth. I really liked Laurel and Felicity's brief moment, with Laurel basically saying that Ollie's been back from the dead before. She has been through what Felicity is going through now. And Laurel's reaction was to help fill the void and take up her sister's mantle.

I'm glad to see that Maseo and Tatsu are involved in Ollie's resurrection. There was no doubt Ollie was coming back, but I didn't expect Ollie to be "alive" this soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎