Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl Spoilers - General Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be happy with Lail or Melissa Benoist, who others have strongly thought it might be. I've never met Benoist - though I heard her drama work on Homeland was a huge and great departure from what people saw on Glee, so she has range. For Lail, she had a wide-eyed innocence as Anna on Once Upon A Time, and she kind of had that spunk while interviewing, too. I was really impressed by her.

So, if Twitter is a good sign of what we can assume (or not), I'd be happy with either one of them. They're both talented young women.

Comment

Could be nothing but from that tweet Benoist looks very likely

Comment

Originally posted by Stebob1984
        Could be nothing but from that tweet Benoist looks very likely
        And it's official:

I was hoping it would be Lail, if only because I'm familiar with her thanks to her performance as Princess Anna on Once Upon a Time, but I'm still excited nonetheless.

Comment

I figured something was up when I saw like 15 journalists were following Benoist like 20 minutes before the announcement.

Fortunately I'd pre-written the Benoist article about a month ago, when I was first tipped. Not sure why it took them so long to make the announcement. Maybe they were waiting to see how she looks as a blonde.

Comment

Fantastic news, it was about bloody time haha

I'm sure she'll do a great job, very excited!

Comment

We've got our Supergirl. Now we need a look at the costume and announcements for her supporting cast.

Here's hoping those things don't take too long to materialize.

Comment

I imagine we'll be seeing more casting in the coming weeks/months but the image reveal will be sometime off I feel. Unless something leaks, very very excited.

Comment

Do you have any scoop on the upcoming Supergirl TV Show? –SuperSurfSurf
                  Kara Danvers née Zor-El will have her work cut out for her from the get-go, seeing as her adversary in the series pilot will be the DC Comics baddie Lumberjack. To that end, the CBS freshman is seeking a hulk akin to “Rory McCann, the 6-foot-6 actor from Game of Thrones” to play this “big, burly monster of a man, who has battled Kara’s cousin” — that’d be you-know-who — “in the past” and shows up to ascertain her level of power, on behalf of an unseen superior.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/30/nashvil...acon-spoilers/

Comment

Three new audition tapes emerged one of a 16 year old auditioning for the role young Kara.

One for Lumberjack and another for Alex.

They have transcripts for all three videos.

Comment

Although the source videos aren't actually available any more, ComicBook.Com just posted transcripts of a couple of auditions for the character of Wynn from an actor named Jesse Liebman, and they reveal more information about him and his relationship with Kara. According to the transcripts, he appears to end up becoming Kara's 'Felicity' (a role that I had thought was going to go to Alex) and is the one responsible for making her costume. Anyone who's interested in reading the two transcripts in full can find them here:

Comment

I didn't expect her to reveal her powers to anybody but her family.

Comment

It's not clear from those transcripts if Wynn is aware that Supergirl and Kara are the same person, but we know from a previous audition tape transcript that Wynn witnessed Kara use her powers to save some people (without recognizing her, apparently), so it makes sense that she'd turn to him for help.

Comment

Question: Supergirl intel, please. I’m obsessed with the trailer. —Jonathan

Ausiello:
                            Nashville‘s Laura Benanti, who plays Kara’s Krypton mom Alura Zor-El, acknowledges that she can’t spill the superbeans, but offers this tantalizing bit: “You’ll see me in flashbacks, you’ll see me in hologram and then you’ll see me in one other capacity, which I can’t tell you [about] — but it is the thing that makes me the most excited and is why I wanted to do the show.” BONUS SPOILER: Benanti add that Kara’s Supergirl outfit is based on the long, blue gown Alura wears in the trailer. “I have the same belt that she has and the S — which is our family crest, it actually doesn’t stand for ‘super’ — in the top,” she says, laughing. “It’s very ‘hot Yoda.'”
                            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

TVLine has learned that the third episode of CBS’ freshman superhero series will introduce the recurring character of Lucy Lane. In her mid-20s to early 30s, Lucy is described as as brash, funny and beautiful as her sister Lois, yet strong, smart and successful in her own right.

In keeping with DC Comics lore, she is also the ex-girlfriend of the new CatCo media conglom colleague, Daily News transplant Jimmy Olsen (played by Mehcad Brooks).

Comment

She is also the villain Superwoman in the comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎