No announcement yet.

Supergirl Spoilers - General Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl Spoilers - General Thread

You know the drill - link to KSiteTV or KryptonSite whenever possible, no "comic book movie" sites, other fan sites, or spoiler T.V. type sites as sources, but the rest should be fair game.

I'd prefer for plot-based stuff to try to stick in here, if and when ever possible.

As mentioned, some casting auditions have come out, including Meghan Ory for Kara's "sister" Alex...

(Legal disclaimer: KryptonSite/KSiteTV did not post ANY of these videos onto Vimeo, we're simply linking to them since they're out there.)

But also, two more, which reveal a bit more, including that Superman does indeed exist in this show's world, and if I understand it correctly, it's a few years "after" Jimmy Olsen was "Superman's pal." Also: Jimmy only lets very few people call him Jimmy. Otherwise, it's James. Why not Henry? Kidding about the Henry.

Here's a Kara audition:

Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-19-2015, 11:48 AM.

Here's an audition for Wynn. I don't know how to embed stuff, so a link will have to do:

Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-18-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Embedding can generally be done by clicking on the "share" on the top right hand side... embed is often an option. Wonder if more of these will leak that way. In any event, we know now that - unless they change something from the audition - that Kara lives in a place called "National City."

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        Embedding can generally be done by clicking on the "share" on the top right hand side... embed is often an option. Wonder if more of these will leak that way. In any event, we know now that - unless they change something from the audition - that Kara lives in a place called "National City."
        That could be a reference to what DC Comics was called at the time of their founding.

DC was called National Allied Publishing at the time they started. DC Comics was actually National Comics until they officially changed their name to DC Comics in 1977.
        Last edited by Halberdier17; 01-19-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Ha! Good call!

Comment

National City being a subtle reference to DC Comics' original name is exactly the kind of thing I could see Berlanti wanting to do.

Speaking of National City, I wonder where it's located geographically.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
              National City being a subtle reference to DC Comics' original name is exactly the kind of thing I could see Berlanti wanting to do.

Speaking of National City, I wonder where it's located geographically.
              I thought when they originally announced the show they said she was found by a family living in Colorado but I could be mistaken.

Comment

^ Hmm. I can't find anything that mentions that the Danvers family were living in Colorado when they found Kara, so I'm not sure where that idea came from.

Comment

^ Hmm. I can't find anything that mentions that the Danvers family were living in Colorado when they found Kara, so I'm not sure where that idea came from.
                  It was just a guess from a poster... you don't need to correct every single post here, DigificWriter. Please.

Here are a few more audition videos:

Kara:

James:

Alex:

Comment

I guess maybe I was mixing continuities.

Comment

The audition reels are either all gone now or unavailable.

Comment

Huge bummer. Never underestimate the Warner Bros. legal team. :-/

Comment

Hopefully people had a chance to see them, and that this means casting announcements are imminent.

Comment

I hope Meghan Ory gets the part of Alex Danvers.

Comment

^ So do I.

I'm also hoping that Elizabeth Lail gets the role of Kara (she wasn't among the ones whose audition tapes we saw, but has dyed her hair blonde and started following CBS and certain people involved with the show on Twitter).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎