No announcement yet.

12 Monkeys (Syfy)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Monkeys (Syfy)

Time traveller James Cole travels from the year 2043 to the present day in order to stop the release of a deadly virus. That virus, in Cole's original timeline, caused the death of 93.6% of the world population.

Premieres Friday January 16th, 2015 at 9pm

Series Premiere Tonight. Going to check it out just for the hell of it. Dont know much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      Going to check it out just for the hell of it. Dont know much about it.
      Me either, but I enjoyed it. Probably one of the better shows SyFy's had in a while.

Edit: Just checked my on-screen cable guide. Apparently, SyFy is re-airing the pilot of 12 Monkeys 12 times, starting tomorrow at 5 A.M. through 5 P.M. – in case anyone missed it
      Last edited by Aries83; 01-17-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Watched it this morning and really liked it. And ya i find it odd they will replay the same episode over and over agian but i guess they are doing it for the 12 thing.

Comment

I've never seen the movie and know very little about it story-wise, so it was fun going into the show basically blind. The characters, setting, and premise were really engaging, and I like the way they're handling time travel because it adds something new and fresh to that story idea while also giving the writers/producers the ability to do some things that are 'staples' of time-travel-related stories. I'll definitely be tuning in week-to-week to see where they go.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
            I like the way they're handling time travel because it adds something new and fresh to that story idea while also giving the writers/producers the ability to do some things that are 'staples' of time-travel-related stories.
            Me too, although I hope it won't get too confusing because of it.

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

So, what did everyone think about episode 2?

I thought it was pretty good, although not as good as the pilot.

Was I the only one confused about why Cole and Cassandra didn't recognize Goines?

I thought it was pretty clear that he traveled back from the future. This was confirmed by Jones, who told Cole that Goines had encountered him from his past, which was Cole's future.

Any guesses as two why they didn't realize it was him? I certainly don't think that amount of aging would make him that unrecognizable, but who knows.

Just an FYI: The Series Premiere was watched by 2.3 million viewers with a 18-49 demo of 1.0. Not bad, at least for cable. Hopefully, there won't be a big drop when the ratings come in for episode 2.
                Last edited by Aries83; 01-25-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I liked the episode too.

Wait Goines was the dude they killed in the pilot right? Isnt that other guy someone else? Im not totally good with names at first so maybe im just confusing characters. I think when it comes to stuff perhaps in a later episode (or even based on saying the girl being involved could change things) that it altered things in the past we havent seen yet cause the future got changed to make the original reason the guy went back different than the first reason. Ahhhhhhh. I hate time travel. It hurts my head.

I hope it gets higher ratings. Honestly even if the ratings werent that good they would still renew since like 90 percent of their series ended like the past couple of years so they need new shows.

Comment

I'm liking the series this far. The way they're exploring time travel is interesting. It's not an exact science as we saw from them sending Cole back to the wrong time and place; of course they had to send him North Korea a year too late

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                      I liked the episode too.

Wait Goines was the dude they killed in the pilot right? Isnt that other guy someone else? Im not totally good with names at first so maybe im just confusing characters.
                      You're right, Goines was played by a different actor (I looked it up). I assumed it was an aged version of Goines who traveled back from the future (The actors looked alike to me). Well, that clears that up!

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                              You're right, Goines was played by a different actor (I looked it up). I assumed it was an aged version of Goines who traveled back from the future (The actors looked alike to me). Well, that clears that up!
                              Ya I get confused with certian people too at times. lol. Like the girl who plays Trubel on Grimm and the one on Arrow who plays Sin. I always thought they were the same person. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎