Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agent Carter #1.1/#1.2 "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" (Series Premiere)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Peggy Carter and Edwin Jarvis was great, and what we had of Howard Stark, but I admit aside from them and MAYBE Angie I didn't connect with the supporting cast too much. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

LOVED the production design of the show. And of course the Peggy/Jarvis banter. Thought it was a strong start, though I wish we had more than 7 weeks of it, too.

Comment

I enjoyed it, especially the dialogue. That woman is dynamite.

Comment

A lot to like about this series. The connections to the Captain America universe, the time frame of the mid 40s, Hayley Atwell...

Comment

I have a question. Does this show take place before or after episode #1 of AoS S2 ? You know, the episode where Carter captures Whitehall?

Comment

I really enjoyed this premiere a lot. We don't have enough tough women on TV, and Agent Peggy Carter fills out that role very well. I loved Hayley Atwell, the connections to the Marvel Universe, and the setting of the 1940s. I look forward to seeing how this series progresses.

Comment

It was a good premiere. Peggy and Jarvis as a tag team are great. I think they're off to a solid start here.

And, any TWD fans out there? Enver Gjokaj (Agent Sousa) played Pete, the do-gooder in Martinez' camp.

(WWII was about to end when Carter captured Whitehall, while this series is beginning when the war was over.)

Comment

Thanks President Luthor - that is what I thought. AC knows about the existence of Hydra, so I really don't understand why she didn't recognize the figure drawn in the dirt as being the Hydra logo.

Comment

I'm finally getting caught up on this series (I had to rack and stack them on my DVR for a while). I wasn't thrilled with the first hour/pilot but the second hour got a lot better, IMO.

I really, really love the Peggy/Jarvis interactions. They are the best part of this whole show for me (I am so impressed with James D'Arcy as Jarvis). I also do love Peggy's little quips and mannerisms, especially with her sexist co-workers.

Nice to see Enver again (loved him on "Dollhouse") too. So is Daniel the ancestor of the cop from the Battle of New York in the Avengers? That would be cool...

A solid start but definitely liked the 2nd hour better.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎