No announcement yet.

Constantine Returns from Break in New Timeslot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine Returns from Break in New Timeslot

Constantine wil return on January 16th at a new time of 8pm ET and 7pm CT.

Hopefully this helps ratings. I always watch live but think 8 will help things out a bit. Although now its up agianst Ninja Turtles and Girl Meets World :/ Guess I can just tivo those because they air a million repeats of those.

Comment

I'm wondering, because of the time shift will it have to go softer on content (even though its still Fridays)?

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        Hopefully this helps ratings. I always watch live but think 8 will help things out a bit. Although now its up agianst Ninja Turtles and Girl Meets World :/ Guess I can just tivo those because they air a million repeats of those.
        Couldve been worse. If WWE had stayed on Fridays it couldve been really hurt in the ratings. I dont know if itll have to go softer but Smallville and SPN were on Fridays and pushed the envelope when it came to dark subject matter. I dont think Constantine will have to tone down really.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
          Couldve been worse. If WWE had stayed on Fridays it couldve been really hurt in the ratings. I dont know if itll have to go softer but Smallville and SPN were on Fridays and pushed the envelope when it came to dark subject matter. I dont think Constantine will have to tone down really.
          I think they might be down filming before they announced the new timeslot.

The producers love that it is on at 8 pm they just hate that it is still on Friday night.

Comment

I don't think anything will be "toned down" because these episodes were all prepared and shot before the timeslot change. I think the "family hour" is kind of a myth anyway. Look at the violence and gore we see on shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Arrow at 8:00.

In a way, it might be good. The other DCU shows are all 8:00 shows too - Gotham on Monday, Flash on Tuesday, Arrow on Wednesday, and now Constantine on Friday. But more than anything, I think it's great because it shows NBC does want to try to make this show work, by testing it in a different time period. Now, if it were up to me, Grimm would be at 8 and Constantine at 9, but, whatever.

Generally I don't think Ninja Turtles and Girl Meets World are the competition NBC is worried about Even WWE... this is a scripted drama show, and as far as I know, there's not a lot of that on Fridays at 8.

I just wish we were getting more than 13 episodes for Season 1. Constantine has been a great surprise and I'd love to see more of it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎