No announcement yet.

One damn good reason why Wells CANNOT possibly be (just) RF

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaysilver66
    I think Kreisberg also said in the episode where they visit the night of Barry's mom's death that we will see it from RF's point of view and not necessarily form the point of view of Wells. what does that mean?
    Could mean a lot of different things. But I admit to not knowing.

Comment

So when an actor says something about a character should we all take that as absolute fact and adjust all our theories?
      No, you shouldn't take it as fact. It would be a mistake to do so. But context is important. The most important piece of evidence is the show itself.

Comment

In the fight sequence between RF and Flash at the end of episode 9....RF takes off Flash's mask to reveal Barry's face. Does anyone else find this odd? If we are led to believe that the RF is the same RF that is fighting an unsuited Barry at the start of episode 9 then why would he need to unmask Barry later? Rf already knows who Flash is. Also, during the beginning fight...RF constantly talks to Barry ("you know who I am") but in the end fight RF doesn't speak to Barry at all. Any thoughts? If there is only 1 RF and it's Wells...shouldn't he already know Flash is Barry...even if it's Wells (RF) from different futures?

Comment

If there's a "young Wells" running around as RF, he wouldn't necessarily know that Barry is Flash, even if he's working with "old Wells". I don't remember the context of the unmasking, so I don't recall if it looked like he did it because he didn't know who was underneath.

As far as the "talking RF" and "not-talking RF" - I think you might be reading too much into that because, when RF talks, he masks his voice anyway. Why would it be important either way? - Another theory, if the RF suit is the sole source of power, perhaps it can be operated by remote with a mannequin or robot inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            If there's a "young Wells" running around as RF, he wouldn't necessarily know that Barry is Flash, even if he's working with "old Wells". I don't remember the context of the unmasking, so I don't recall if it looked like he did it because he didn't know who was underneath.

As far as the "talking RF" and "not-talking RF" - I think you might be reading too much into that because, when RF talks, he masks his voice anyway. Why would it be important either way? - Another theory, if the RF suit is the sole source of power, perhaps it can be operated by remote with a mannequin or robot inside.
            I agree. A true negative speed RF that is created by Flash's positive speed force would at one point in time NOT know that Flash is Barry. BUT, the Flash at the beginning of the episode definitely does know Barry (unmasked plus saying they have been at it a long time). So if (so many ifs) the unmasking is genuine then RF at the end is a very young RF that doesn't know Barry. BUT that RF basically tells Wells that his intention with the Tachyon device is beyond his understanding...leading me to believe that RF is from the future and would know Barry. This puzzles me further. But maybe it's nothing. Now I am confused. lol.

Comment

The talking vs not talking is just me thinking that the character of RF seems different. If I am beating up a guy and trash talk him in one fight then why wouldn't I be trash talking him in the next fight too especially when I'm beating him to a pulp.

I didn't really read/mean anything by RF disguising his voice or even what he says. It's the fact that his character seems to change. The first one liked to talk.

Comment

The talking vs not talking is just me thinking that the character of RF seems different. If I am beating up a guy and trash talk him in one fight then why wouldn't I be trash talking him in the next fight too especially when I'm beating him to a pulp.
                I only watched the episode once, but assuming your recollection is better than mine, those are fair points using evidence from the show itself. It might turn out to be nothing, but if it doesn't, well done and well reasoned.

Comment

I only watched the episode once, but assuming your recollection is better than mine, those are fair points using evidence from the show itself. It might turn out to be nothing, but if it doesn't, well done and well reasoned.
                  Watch that sequence again...I am interested in your thoughts.

Comment

Tom's interview with CBR is here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...storyContinued

He does NOT say that there is only one RF in the show. He simply says that for him (Tom) "there is one RF" who he is basing his character on.

He goes on to say that the RF in the football stadium was himself (Tom), however he doesn't say if the RF in the forcefield was himself as well (because there's a good chance it wasn't and it wouldn't go down too well to be revealing just like that that there are 2 versions of RF).

Wells' RF is a take on Zolomon Hunter, even down to the wheelchair as well as wanting Barry to be his best. However, ZH didn't kill Barry's mom or Iris in the comics, whereas Eobard Thawne did both. Even though Tom alludes that he knows RF killed his mom, I'm still 100% of the opinion that there will be more than just 1 RF in the show and that the RF who killed his mom will be Eobard Thawne.

Comment

^ You have some serious comprehension problems if you can't figure out what Cavanagh was saying in that interview versus what he said during the TCA panel, but let me spell it out for you:
                      During the TCA panel, Cavanagh made a definitive statement about the RF in the context of the show itself, whereas, in that interview, he was answering a question that had to do with which version of the RF he's playing, to which he replied that, for the purposes of his performance, there's only one version of the RF that exists (and I'm willing to bet that it's the version that Kreisberg and Co. wrote for the show since we know that he's been aware of what's up with Wells since before the Pilot aired and has been playing the character with said knowledge percolating in the back of his mind).

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                        ^ You have some serious comprehension problems if you can't figure out what Cavanagh was saying in that interview versus what he said during the TCA panel, but let me spell it out for you:
                        During the TCA panel, Cavanagh made a definitive statement about the RF in the context of the show itself, whereas, in that interview, he was answering a question that had to do with which version of the RF he's playing, to which he replied that, for the purposes of his performance, there's only one version of the RF that exists (and I'm willing to bet that it's the version that Kreisberg and Co. wrote for the show since we know that he's been aware of what's up with Wells since before the Pilot aired and has been playing the character with said knowledge percolating in the back of his mind).
                        My comprehension is perfectly fine, as is the comprehension of the poster above who reasons why the 2nd RF in the forcefield and street didn't trash talk Barry and why he removed his mask. Logical explanation is that the 2nd RF wasn't Wells. So since we're speaking of comprehension, some people may have comprehension problems if they can't see that there may be more than 1 RF running around, and that that 2nd RF might be Eobard Thawne instead of Hunter Zolomon.
                        Furthermore, its apparent from watching it, that the Stadium RF is "playing" with Barry in the build-up and the fight, whereas the forcefield RF is doing it all for real.

The forcefield RF would have killed Barry without Firestorm's intervention, the stadium RF didn't have such an intention.

2 completely different personalities and ways of dealing with Barry = 2 completely diffrent RF's
                        Last edited by speople; 01-14-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

^ Did you even bother to read the article in its entirety? Cavanagh talks fairly candidly about playing the RF, and does so in a manner that leaves little doubt that there's only one RF - Harrison Wells - in the show.

Comment

^ Did you even bother to read the article in its entirety? Cavanagh talks fairly candidly about playing the RF, and does so in a manner that leaves little doubt that there's only one RF - Harrison Wells - in the show.
                            I read the article. Thanks for bringing attention to it. If a person believes there are 2 RF then I think they will find ways of keeping that theory alive by wording in that article. Vice versa...if a person thinks there is only 1 RF then they too can find evidence of that in the article.

I am pretty open minded to many theories as I have formulated many different ones of my own... This article is not black and white. I think shades of grey exist.

Comment

Originally you 100% believed and vehemently defended what the producers initially said about Wells, and then admitted you were wrong to do so.
                              And not learning from past mistakes, now 100 % believe and vehemently defend what TC says about Wells / RF.

Some people don't necessarily believe all what they are told as being gospel from the outset.

There was NO need for the forcefield RF to remove Barry's mask if he knew who he already was. Regardless of who says what in an interview, it's what actually happens in the show that matters. If the RF from the forcefield didn't know who The Flash was, and wanted to remove his mask, then the 2nd RF wasn't one being played by TC/current old version of Wells.
                              Last edited by speople; 01-14-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                                Originally you 100% believed and vehemently defended what the producers initially said about Wells, and then admitted you were wrong to do so.
                                And not learning from past mistakes, now 100 % believe and vehemently defend what TC says about Wells / RF.

Some people don't necessarily believe all what they are told as being gospel from the outset.

There was NO need for the forcefield RF to remove Barry's mask if he knew who he already was. Regardless of who says what in an interview, it's what actually happens in the show that matters. If the RF from the forcefield didn't know who The Flash was, and wanted to remove his mask, then the 2nd RF wasn't one being played by TC/current old version of Wells.
                                In anticipation for tonight's episode, I went back and watched the episode again. I paid close attention to what Wells was saying, searching for innuendo, how he looked, facial changes, etc.

I am even more convinced that the man in the forcefield and Wells are two different people. Sure they may be from different times (or time streams) but the MITYS who fought Flash in the end (and got burned by Firestorm) was not Wells. No one moves so fast that they can be surrounded by a group of cops, watch a MITYS enter the forcefield, say "Let's go see what we caught" and be in two places at the same time. To be certain of this, I looked for any moment where he could possibly escape to put on the suit and enter the forcefield while being able to appear to be still in his wheelchair. There wasn't any. In the scant few moments where the MITYS was pounding on the forcefield, someone would have noticed Wells missing from his chair. After all they were all standing in close proximity to him. No one's that dense.

Then I thought that Wells may have tampered with the cameras to show the MITYS in the forcefield. That's possible but then Wells and the cops wheeled down to the FF room together. When the doors opened Wells wheeled in with them, which means that they had to wait for him. Their attention would have had to be on Wells because they were waiting for him. I've got two little ones and they don't walk as fast as me. I have to know where they are at all times because I'm adjusting my speed to match theirs.

So given the fact that Wells can walk, has a Reverse Flash ring (definitely not a Flash Ring), has knowledge of the future and is in possession of a RF suit, I can relent and say that he's A Reverse Flash, but I refuse to believe that he's the ONLY Reverse Flash. And he's not the same MITYS as the man in the Forcefield.

There are many more questions to be answered but I'll wait for the actual episodes...WHICH COME ON TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎