Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "What They Become"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "What They Become"?

So this episode was sort of uneven to me.

But let's go back to the start. The plane diving into the clouds. Nice effect but Hydra just walked away? Bit surprising.

FitzSimmons working well together again. Nice to see.

Hunter saw Bobbi hide the drive (I think whatever Bobbi's hiding is going to be our next big 'secret' for the show).

Papa Skye's name is Cal? Okay, yeah, hi Mister Hyde! And yep, Skye is Daisy/Quake. And an Inhuman.

The people who came for Mama Skye said they were SHIELD? Were they or were they Hydra pretending to be SHIELD (or even deep cover Hydra agents keeping their SHIELD covers?)?

Whitehall's expression when he sees Skye can touch the Diviner and be fine.

Cal leaving Skye and Ward behind.

Coulson shooting Whitehall (who I'm thinking is not dead. After all, he seems to be 'immortal', as in not aging. How do we know he can be killed? Also, this is Marvel. No one stays dead.). Taking Cal's vengeance from him. Oh, man, Cal must hate Coulson even more now!

Ward and 33 escaping together. I liked Skye shooting him but the cop out of him having protection right where she shot him? I know it was to keep Ward around but I had a hard time swallowing it.

Mack possessed/co-opted by Inhuman tech. As I figured last episode.

Tripp disarming the bombs and then ending up in the chamber with the Terragin Mists? I honestly couldn't remember what happens when a human is exposed to the Mists. But it seemed he was fine until the shard touched him. Then...
    Poor Tripp. He was very under utilized this season, I thought (I found out he's on another show, which is why he wasn't on SHIELD too often this year). Honestly, I would have rather have kept Tripp and gotten rid of Mack, myself. But Mack's fine I guess and the girls have been transformed.

I'm wondering what Raina's power will be...?

There's another Diviner? And I'm told the guy with no eyes is "The Reader", a new-ish character from the comics and another Inhuman.

So yeah, some good stuff but not the greatest episode. Kyle was great as Cal and I'm glad he made it out so he could possibly return. Sad to see Tripp go (poor Simmons!).
    10--This became something great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--This become something terrible
    0%

The poll is expired.

Hydra didn't just fly away, they thought they had destroyed the plane.

Of course Hydra would claim to be SHIELD. Why would they have claimed to be Hydra, when they were keeping there secret in th shadows back then.

Tripp' s death while tragic was heroic which I liked. If had not done what he did then Simmons, Fitz, Coulson, and Mack would have all died. Not to mention to conflict this will cause for Skye now. She finally got her super power birth right but it cost her a friend.

Comment

If Skye (Daisy) is Quake, who is Raina supposed to be then ?

Also, I wonder how the introduction of the Inhumans will impact the show. So far, we have occasionally seen super-powered beings as antagonists on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, but Coulson's team itself was a "no-powers" group. Now that Skye has alien-originated superhuman abilities, are we going to see more of a superhero/sci-fi show than a spy/secret agent series ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
        If Skye (Daisy) is Quake, who is Raina supposed to be then ?

Also, I wonder how the introduction of the Inhumans will impact the show. So far, we have occasionally seen super-powered beings as antagonists on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, but Coulson's team itself was a "no-powers" group. Now that Skye has alien-originated superhuman abilities, are we going to see more of a superhero/sci-fi show than a spy/secret agent series ?
        http://marvel.*****.com/Raina_(Earth-616)

Comment

Hmmm - that possible identity for Raina seems kind of way out there (not an Inhuman), but Hyde and Daisy were not Inhumans in the comics so who knows?

I think it may be a long time before we see Skye use her powers on a regular basis. Also, I don't really want to see AoS become all about powers. But I do think we are going to be seeing many more Inhumans (just not the Royal Family), so maybe that IS the way they will go. So far the showrunners decision-making has been good, so I will have faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
            Hydra didn't just fly away, they thought they had destroyed the plane
            That's what I meant (sorry if it was unclear). Why not stay and make sure the plane was destroyed. Yes, they saw a big cloud of destruction but if I were Hydra, I'd stay and wait for falling debris or some other sure sign that the plane was totally destroyed. Especially since SHIELD (and Coulson's team in particular) has a habit of getting out of scrapes. But maybe that's just me?

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
              Hmmm - that possible identity for Raina seems kind of way out there (not an Inhuman), but Hyde and Daisy were not Inhumans in the comics so who knows?

I think it may be a long time before we see Skye use her powers on a regular basis. Also, I don't really want to see AoS become all about powers. But I do think we are going to be seeing many more Inhumans (just not the Royal Family), so maybe that IS the way they will go. So far the showrunners decision-making has been good, so I will have faith.
              It's definitely a smart move on their part to introduce characters that we wouldn't get in a two hour movie and if we're getting inhumans now by the time the film comes out in 3yrs many more people will already have some knowledge of what the film will be about. It won't be a completely unknown property.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                It's definitely a smart move on their part to introduce characters that we wouldn't get in a two hour movie and if we're getting inhumans now by the time the film comes out in 3yrs many more people will already have some knowledge of what the film will be about. It won't be a completely unknown property.
                Given that Marvel Studios don't have the rights to X-Men and can't use mutants in their movies, I suppose the Inhumans are the closest available choiice.

Comment

'What They Become' is a good episode. The agents hunt for a hidden city, while trying to beat Hydra to it. The agents found it as it caused changes in 3 characters and one of them might not survive it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎