No announcement yet.

Wells is NOT the Reverse Flash!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wells is NOT the Reverse Flash!

I dont have the comic book knowledge that many of you have, but I do like the show and after reading most of the Flash posts on this site, I have come to some conclusions about the Reverse Flash and Wells. I am making the assumption that the posts I have read about the comic books are correct.

1)They made it a point to show us and later remind us that the RF didn't harm Eddie. In fact, he stared at him. Several have posted that one RF in the comics was Eobard Thawne, who is a future decendent of Eddie's. Possibly his son. If that is true, it makes sense that the RF who was staring at his dad or grandpa Eddie was Thawne.

2)If I am correct that he was Thawne, it would not make sense for it to be Wells. Why would he stop fighting the police to stare at Eddie, when Wells could see or talk to Eddie any time he wants to. That RF stared at Eddie like he had not seen him in a long time or ever. (other than in pictures perhaps)

3)I believe that Wells did lure the RF with the tachyon, but he swapped it with a fake one just before trapping him. Wells altered the force field so that it would eventually fail (Cisco could not understand why it didn't hold up) and then he really did get a serious beatdown courtesy of RF/Thawne. It was all planned so he could get his hands on the tachyon while making it look like the RF got away with it.

4)I think that Wells is good and wants to help the Flash either fulfill a prophecy/destiny, or maybe correct a timeline that has been altered. He could be another RF, or Flash's future son, or possibly a different Flash like Jay Garrick. It is NOT Flash in the future. They would not look that different, like 2 unrelated actors.

5)Someone posted that when Wells put the tachyon on the yellow suit, his wounds healed. If that is true, he needed the tachyon to regain his healing powers and who knows what other powers were awakened. I noticed that when he put on the ring, he looked down on it like it had been a while since he had put it on . Kind of like - I'm back! And I had the same feeling about the suit, like he hadn't seen it in a while and was about to "Flash Out" for old times sake.

The writers want us to think that Wells is the RF and that he is Evil and wants to hurt the Flash. I'm not buying it. Let me know if anyone agrees with my theory.

While I agree with you that Wells is not "THE" Reverse Flash, Eobard Thawne is.

(see my thread here for the how's and why of it all http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...oooo-humour-me )

Your point at 3 falls in on itself. Wells didn't have chance to get the tachyon thingy once RF grabbed him. Which is why I say that in my opinion, since he (Wells) was in charge of it before he put it on the pedastal as bait, that he kept the real one and put a fake one on the pedastal instead. Which RF is shown as taking.

Comment

Point taken. I was thinking that he took it at some point after they sent out that tachyon burst to lure the RF. Do you know if there was a RF or Flash version in the comics who relied on the suit for all of their powers.

Comment

New revised theory
        RF who stares at Eddie = Eobard Thawne
        Wells = Hunter Zolomon (whenever he is standing, he is under the mind control of Gorilla Grodd)
        Is that possible?

Comment

I didn't want to previously believe that Wells was the Reverse Flash because I was completely convinced that Kreisberg's statement about Wells not being a comic-book character was genuine. However, the show made it pretty clear that Wells is in fact the RF, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for people to continue trying to come up with increasingly wackier and wackier ways to explain how he's not.

Comment

I'm just pointing out that the most logical explanation for why RF stopped to look at Eddie and not hurt him, is that he is Eobard Thawne, a RF who happens to be a decendent of Eddie's. I cant think of another reason why they would include that scene and later have Eddie mention to Joe that it was strange that the RF didnt hurt him. If RF = Thawne, it would not make sense for it to be Wells because he wouldnt stop fighting to stare at Eddie when he could have coffee with him any time if he wanted to. There is another comic book RF who came after Thawne, Hunter Zoloman and if you read the wiki on him, you will think of Wells. He was paralized from the waist down as a result of an encounter with Grodd before he became the RF. I think that both of these Reverse Flashes may be in play here. I bring up Grodd only because they showed us a glimpse of him and I cant imagine it was for next season. I think we will see him later this season and since mind control was his thing, it may explain some of the inconsistancies we have seen with Wells.

Comment

Sorry guy, Wells IS RF.

If the visual evidence wasn't enough for you, his voice imitating EXACTLY how he spoke to Barry in the costume should've been the final nail on the coffin.

I'll explain this to you the same way I did in another thread:

Sometime in the near future, a future our main cast hasn't experienced yet, Wells jumps back in time once again. This time, only a few short days or months tops in the past. Think of this as Back to the Future logic: now there are TWO Wells's existing with in the same time frame.

Notice that RF did NOT kill Wells. Had he, he would cease to exist.

He probably needs Eddie to save Barry's life somehow down the line. Remember, Wells is all about preserving his timeline. He probably figured killing Eddie would do more harm than good to the time line, hence why he lived. The same reason why Barry will probably forced to watch his own mother die AGAIN at the season 1 finale: If Barry goes back in time with Wells during their fight to save her, EVERYTHING that has happened on the show would be undone. And god knows how much damage that would cause.

Again, sorry guy, but they just pretty much spelled it out for even the average fan who RF is. Your problem seems to be that your not use to time travel-ly stuff when it comes to story lines. I got desensetized to them from my years of watching Trek all of my life, so this is all nothing new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CSIFlash
                New revised theory
                RF who stares at Eddie = Eobard Thawne
                Wells = Hunter Zolomon (whenever he is standing, he is under the mind control of Gorilla Grodd)
                Is that possible?
                I bring up Grodd only because they showed us a glimpse of him and I cant imagine it was for next season. I think we will see him later this season and since mind control was his thing, it may explain some of the inconsistencies we have seen with Wells.
                I totally said this!!!! It's all Grodd. Why can't any of you see this for what it is????????

P.s. Good to see others latching on to my half-baked theories. It totally validates my life.
                Last edited by shadow4486; 12-15-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                  Sorry guy, Wells IS RF.

If the visual evidence wasn't enough for you, his voice imitating EXACTLY how he spoke to Barry in the costume should've been the final nail on the coffin.

Again, sorry guy, but they just pretty much spelled it out for even the average fan who RF is. Your problem seems to be that your not use to time travel-ly stuff when it comes to story lines. I got desensetized to them from my years of watching Trek all of my life, so this is all nothing new to me.
                  It's lines and comments like this that make me believe it's less likely that Wells is the RF. An RF, maybe, but which???? When someone says "It's so obvious that Wells is the RF. They showed the suit, and he had the voice thing and it's totally him." When is anything that cut and dry? From day one, with the Future Paper, people have been saying "Oh sweet Christmas and the Reindeer, he's totally the RF that killed Barry's mom!!!!!" So if they reveal him as the RF that killed Barry's mom, then it will be the most anti-climatic reveal in the history of television!

Like with the Merlyn reveal on Arrow (which people equate the formula The Flash show is following), Most people thought it was Tommie at first because of the last name. "Oh, crap...Tommie is gonna learn to shoot an arrow after Ollie took back Laurel!" But the big reveal is that it was Tommie's Father. No one knew that Malcolm was gonna be the Dark Archer cause they gave no advance warning except that he was smarmy and mysterious, but that was most of the adults in Ollie's life. Hell, Moira could have been revealed as the Dark Archer and we'd be just as surprised. Having "all signs point to" Wells, is the worst misdirection of all time because he was the PRIME suspect from day one (for the fans). No suspense at all.

So I think that if there's a formula, either they aren't following it, or they are and they suck at story telling.

"Ok, Flash fans...you've been waiting to find out who Harrison Wells really is. Most of you speculated that he was the RF who killed Barry's mom. Well....most of you were...totally right. I guess we didn't fool you at all. We really don't know what we're doing here.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
                    It's lines and comments like this that make me believe it's less likely that Wells is the RF. An RF, maybe, but which???? When someone says "It's so obvious that Wells is the RF. They showed the suit, and he had the voice thing and it's totally him." When is anything that cut and dry? From day one, with the Future Paper, people have been saying "Oh sweet Christmas and the Reindeer, he's totally the RF that killed Barry's mom!!!!!" So if they reveal him as the RF that killed Barry's mom, then it will be the most anti-climatic reveal in the history of television!

Like with the Merlyn reveal on Arrow (which people equate the formula The Flash show is following), Most people thought it was Tommie at first because of the last name. "Oh, crap...Tommie is gonna learn to shoot an arrow after Ollie took back Laurel!" But the big reveal is that it was Tommie's Father. No one knew that Malcolm was gonna be the Dark Archer cause they gave no advance warning except that he was smarmy and mysterious, but that was most of the adults in Ollie's life. Hell, Moira could have been revealed as the Dark Archer and we'd be just as surprised. Having "all signs point to" Wells, is the worst misdirection of all time because he was the PRIME suspect from day one (for the fans). No suspense at all.

So I think that if there's a formula, either they aren't following it, or they are and they suck at story telling.

"Ok, Flash fans...you've been waiting to find out who Harrison Wells really is. Most of you speculated that he was the RF who killed Barry's mom. Well....most of you were...totally right. I guess we didn't fool you at all. We really don't know what we're doing here.
                    As I explained a couple times already, its not like they can just come out and admit we guessed right from the get go. Otherwise they risk the ratings factor plummeting.

If recent years of following my favorite franchises online has taught me anything, is don't believe a word any one "official" attached to said project says until you see it on your TV screen.

They have to save face, they have to keep their viewers. If they have to lie to do so, they will.

Wells is RF. Accept it and simply enjoy the show. In the end mindless and endless speculation after the face has been established just raises up unnecessary hopes to high for disapointments later on.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                      As I explained a couple times already, its not like they can just come out and admit we guessed right from the get go. Otherwise they risk the ratings factor plummeting.

If recent years of following my favorite franchises online has taught me anything, is don't believe a word any one "official" attached to said project says until you see it on your TV screen.

They have to save face, they have to keep their viewers. If they have to lie to do so, they will.

Wells is RF. Accept it and simply enjoy the show. In the end mindless and endless speculation after the face has been established just raises up unnecessary hopes to high for disapointments later on.

No, I'm not buying it. And that's what makes it all the more fun.

I would jive with what you're saying about them not being able to come out and admit anything if it were one or two people who figured it out. You've got anyone with Wikipedia access speculating that Wells is the RF who killed Barry's mother. That's not anything more than shotty writing. And if that's the case, I would rather them say, in an article, that definitively who Wells is rather than have the speculation. Why would admitting that we got it right have anything to do with ratings? That makes even less sense than having Wells kill Barry's mom. "Oh, I know who Wells is. They confirmed it on the show. Now they are telling the world in the media that Wells is who we thought he was. I can stop watching the show now." Really? That's the defense.

Well, I've been waiting almost two decades for this show and I can tell you with all certainty that there's nothing much that will stop me from watching. Wells can be a cross-dressing alien from the Kree Continuum who eats adorable baby Koalas for sustenance, and I'll be there every Tuesday night watching him eat Koalas! (and yes, I know the Kree is Marvel)

It's almost as though you want me to accept it because you know there's another answer. What's wrong with a little speculation when it comes to the show? Don't you think that people would be more interested in the "Wells Question" if he wasn't what people thought he was. I'd much rather come out of each episode thinking, "What the hell??? I thought I knew Wells but now I'm not so sure." than just blindly accepting what we "see".

So you can sit at the head table of the "Wells is the RF" faction. I like my speculation. Much more fun...disappointments be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486

No, I'm not buying it. And that's what makes it all the more fun.

I would jive with what you're saying about them not being able to come out and admit anything if it were one or two people who figured it out. You've got anyone with Wikipedia access speculating that Wells is the RF who killed Barry's mother. That's not anything more than shotty writing. And if that's the case, I would rather them say, in an article, that definitively who Wells is rather than have the speculation. Why would admitting that we got it right have anything to do with ratings? That makes even less sense than having Wells kill Barry's mom. "Oh, I know who Wells is. They confirmed it on the show. Now they are telling the world in the media that Wells is who we thought he was. I can stop watching the show now." Really? That's the defense.

Well, I've been waiting almost two decades for this show and I can tell you with all certainty that there's nothing much that will stop me from watching. Wells can be a cross-dressing alien from the Kree Continuum who eats adorable baby Koalas for sustenance, and I'll be there every Tuesday night watching him eat Koalas! (and yes, I know the Kree is Marvel)

It's almost as though you want me to accept it because you know there's another answer. What's wrong with a little speculation when it comes to the show? Don't you think that people would be more interested in the "Wells Question" if he wasn't what people thought he was. I'd much rather come out of each episode thinking, "What the hell??? I thought I knew Wells but now I'm not so sure." than just blindly accepting what we "see".

So you can sit at the head table of the "Wells is the RF" faction. I like my speculation. Much more fun...disappointments be damned.
                        I'm not buying it either. People were guessing that Wells was RF after he murdered Stagg as early as ep 2. So there'd be no mystery if they're hinting THAT early in a series. Loads more twists and turns left in this one imo.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                          I'm not buying it either. People were guessing that Wells was RF after he murdered Stagg as early as ep 2. So there'd be no mystery if they're hinting THAT early in a series. Loads more twists and turns left in this one imo.
                          Thank you. It would be too disappointing if he was "just" the Reverse Flash.

Boo.

Comment

I agree that people seem to be blindly accepting the easy answers without delving a little deeper to find the true facts. It would be so simple to have Wells prove to be the evil RF that killed Barry's mother, but it would also be predicable plot development and story telling. I believe this show is much better than that, and the writers have given us several small clues that may lead to the real truth. They made it a point to have Eddie question why the RF did not harm him, and they also made it a point to show a caged Grodd in a Wells flashback. I believe that we will find out why the RF did not hurt Eddie, and we will also see Grodd again before the end of this season. Both might lead us to Wells's true identity. I think it is possible that Wells was in the house when Barry's mother was killed, but he may have been the other Flash/RF that was there trying to stop the RF from killing her. That is just a wild speculation on my part, but anything is possible. Like I said, you need to look below the surface on a show like this to find subtle clues that can lead us to the real truth. It is not as cut and dry as many of you think.

Comment

I'm new here but I have a few observations that haven't been offered by others (at least that I've seen)...

Has as anyone else noted that when Wells was spying on Barry being struck by lightning, he said "See ya soon Barry" in a very distinct way, and that when Zoom was fleeing from Firestorm he said "See ya soon Flash" with the exact same inflection? To me it's a small but strong bit of evidence that Wells (in some iteration) is Zoom.

Assuming the theory that Zoom time traveled to fight and kill Barry's mother is correct, and that there were two speedsters there, AND that Zoom/Wells is now in the same time but from two different points, where is the other Barry? Was he killed in that same battle? Is he trapped somewhere? What if Zoom was actually fighting Henry Allen, himself a speedster, who refuses to break out of prison in order to serve some penance for failing to save his wife? They could go a bit further- Henry could be from another earth where his real name was...Jay Garrick!

gotta say I love this show - maybe my favorite on tv right now!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎