View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Climbed to the top of the greatest episodes ever.

29 56.86%

13 25.49%

4 7.84%

2 3.92%

1 1.96%

0 0%

1 1.96%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Well Arrow is dead in more ways than one.

1 1.96%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    Given that he is almost certainly going to have to come back through the Lazarus Pit, he could easily not have any scars or at least not one from this episode. It depends on how effective they feel like they should make the pit.

I donít think it will be an overall series arc, taking down the League and Raís is something that no one person can ever do. He makes the Justice League stop and think by himself so I canít see it being a thing. I could see Oliver and Raís being chaotic partners at times, should the future main villains start to take place on a more global scale rather than just in Starling.

There is no one without superpowers who would be able to stand toe-to-toe with him.

That is something I really hope doesnít happen. If Laurel defeats him then they are essentially saying she is a better fighter then Oliver was in season 1. Maybe if the show gets to Season 7 or 8 and Laurel has been training that entire time I could believe it, but it canít happen until then. Unless of course they decide to give her the Canary cry then maybe I could believe it by late Season 5 maybe 6.

I think Malcolm knew that he had no chance to defeat Raís, he only said that to try and motivate him. I do think that Malcolm will be the one to take Oliver to the pit and bring him back to life as typically every member of the League knows where the pit is they just donít dare to go there as not incur the wrath of Raís. They also made mention during this episode that the spot where the fight took place was one that was a standard ritual site, not just a random spot so it is within reason that Malcolm would know where that is and he could then save Oliver.
    The Pit can heal everything? That would explain how Ra's had no scars I guess.

I don't particularly want it to happen but I can't see Laurel taking it well when she finds out how Malcolm was responsible for Sara's death. I would like to see one fight between them though...

If that's the case with Malcolm, what on Earth was the point in Oliver going there in the first place? And if it was Malcolm's plan all along to heal Oliver at the Pit, isn't that going to anger Ra's further? Surely Malcolm should get back into his favour?

Are there people within the League that could take-on Ra's?

I also found it weird that everyone believed Oliver when he said that he killed Sara. Why did anyone, especially Nyssa who knew how much Sara meant to him, believe him?
    Last edited by Quark; 12-11-2014 at 01:47 AM.

quark: you werent paying enough attention to the scenes. He did not fool raz, nyssa or his old buddy, as they repeatedly showed signs both facial, and by talking (maseo even mentioning to him directly, and raz having a line about "not being a fool"). they all knew he was covering for someone he would give his life for

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tam123 View Post
    quark: you werent paying enough attention to the scenes. He did not fool raz, nyssa or his old buddy, as they repeatedly showed signs both facial, and by talking (maseo even mentioning to him directly, and raz having a line about "not being a fool"). they all knew he was covering for someone he would give his life for
    Maseo was the only one that clearly knew he was lying.
    The other 2 I saw no clear signs that they could see he was covering. I'm curious as to exactly how you think Ra's or Nyssa saw through his lies.

It was certainly the best episode of the season with probably the best cliffhanger (see what I did?) they've ever done. One of the problems it had though, was that it crammed at least two episodes worth of material into one. Which is why it makes it all the more nonsensical that they wasted so much of season 3 with filler. They could have used at least episode 3.07 to set up the plotlines better instead of doing a random cupid episode.

So the mystery is solved. I have to give them credit in that regard. They came up with a storyline that was unpredictable (at least the part about Thea being brainwashed) and didn't damage any character. Malcolm using his daughter to cover his own ass is perfectly in character for him. So what happens now? Oliver surely doesn't survive something like this without some kind of sci fi aid. And maybe that's where Maseo (along with the Pit) will come into play. Should be an interesting couple of episodes without him in Starling.

Sadly, the episode was far from perfect, with some of the season's ills (like fan service stuff at the worst possible time) popping up here again. 8/10.
    Last edited by costas22; 12-11-2014 at 02:48 AM.

New In Town
    I just saw the episode. And the first thing I have to say...Ra's Al Ghul what a badass!!!!!!!! Of course I already knew that Oliver didn't stand the slightest chance against him but being defeated that easy!!!! To the point where it's gotten really embarassing! And when he stabbed Oliver I just couldn't believe it! Of course I already read your comments about the Lazarus pit so now I can't wait for Oliver's resurrection. But overall Ra's Al Ghul has become my favorite villain thus far. Deathstroke...who????
    Last edited by Matron Malice; 12-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Forum Regular
    I thought the episode was a bit crammed myself too. Felicity had a could of great seen in the show that I really liked. When she found out Ray was Atom and when Oliver told her he loved her.

Forum Regular
    yeah Ra's was a total badass! expecially in the way toyed and destroyed Oliver. I reckon Maseo will resurrect Oliver via the Lazarus Pit and i also reckon that Tommy will be coming back via the Lazarus Pit! that would be awesome!! I really didn't like Laurel, that girl has is so frail, has no mental strength and cannot keep secrets!. and i am really looking forward to the reprocussions that Oliver's death will have on every other character as i think that Felicity will move on with Ray, Diggle and Roy will also have to slowly move on and Ray will become the new ATOM vigilante/hero. all and all, a solid 10/10 episode... (ohh and the Olicity 'I LOVE YOU' was actually alright)

Posting Pro
    [QUOTE=markom97;8099349]i also reckon that Tommy will be coming back via the Lazarus Pit! that would be awesome!!/QUOTE]

What reasoning would there be to bring Tommy back? Before you say as a weapon against Malcolm, it would take years to train him to that level which isn't the Leagues way.

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    I really didn't like Laurel, that girl has is so frail, has no mental strength and cannot keep secrets!.
    Frail - I would have agreed with you until the end of last season. She is working past her issues and becoming a lot stronger for it this season.
    Mental strength - She has a lot of that given the fact she has gotten over her alcoholism.
    Can't keep secrets - I see no basis for this. She has known who Oliver is since about Ep. 18 (?) last season, which is about a 8-9 month time span that she has kept the secret and then she has kept Sara's secret from her dad for all of this season.

New In Town
    Just a couple of quick thoughts... as I am still trying to wrap my head around that ending. These are also random, as in no apparent order.

The sword thrust was not an instant kill shot... mid-right side, punctured a lung for sure, maybe nothing else critical. Ollie could survive that. The fall is another thing entirely. I could not reasonably estimate the distance, and even recently people have survived parachutes not opening and falling 1000s of feet without killing themselves. So, I estimate if someone finds him before the injuries or temperature kill him, he will survive without the Pit everyone is hoping for.

Ra's vs Arrow looked like Me vs Blackbelt - i.e. no contest. Hats off to the show for giving Ra's his due. Not sure how they ever top Ra's as a villain in the next seasons. I was hoping Ollie would at least try to take Ra's over with him, but some things are just not meant to be.

Thea killed Sara under some instantly introduced mind control herbal tonic... they should have introduced this a few episodes back, not the episode it conveniently needs to be used in. Also, I think the premise for Merlyn to have her kill Sara was kind of weak writing as far as I am concerned, especially since Merlyn had to know Ollie was NO MATCH for Ra's. And once the Arrow is dealt with, Merlyn still has put his daughter on Ra's "to do" list as well as moving higher on it himself. Not sure if they are just trying to portray Merlyn as plain insane or if they waited for reddit to come up with the most unlikely suspect before writing Thea in as killer...

Thea's fight with Arrow was nicely done. Although it appears she bested him in a short fight, he was definitely holding back / totally surprised at her abilities and let her go. I predict the look on his face when she leapt over the railing will be an internet meme soon.

Mom's intuition: who can withstand that? Dinah should be interrogating those spies! "Does your mom know you stole that plague virus for China White? Shame on you!" - "I didn't steal no virus and quit talking about my momma!!! Waaaaaah!!!"

Why in the world is Laurel a) letting everyone know Sara is dead, but b) telling them all to keep it from her dad??? This is more unrealistic than super powers. Girl, your dad is a COP! He is tough! He can take it! and if he cannot, he STILL deserves to know! The fact that Dinah can figure it out in 5 seconds and Lance still has no clue, gives me pause to think maybe he DOESN'T know Oliver is Arrow. Maybe when he was promoted to Detective, it was the Peter Principal in action (We rise to our level of incompetience.) TELL THE POOR MAN ALREADY! I'd rather he die and we lose him as a bright spot in his series than go 10 episodes with him not knowing another MAJOR plot point.

Ok, more than a couple, but they indeed were random!

Posting Pro
    I'm still wrapping my head around this episode, so apologies if my review is sporadic....

I figured that if Thea had killed Sara, it would have to do with protecting Malcolm.... I just didn't count on the possibility of a mind-control drug. The Thea vs Arrow scene was interesting and was very reminiscent, to me, of the scene where Oliver confronted Moira in her office (sans the whole shooting him thing; she apparently reserves that for her psycho-villain dad).

THey've said that Malcolm will be using emotional manipulation much more this year, and so far they have not failed in that regard. I think his purpose of tricking Oliver into facing Ra's (and it was a trick no matter how you shake it) was two-fold: first, to teach the younger archer a lesson in true strength of mind and body. Secondly, to possibly give himself a chance to put Oliver in the Lazarus Pit. Why? Well, put simply, I recall some of the more comic-savvy on this site and others mentioning that the Lazarus Pit warps one's mind, or makes it vulnerable, or something. Whatever it does, would it not make Oliver susceptible to Malcolm's suggestions?

Laurel letting other people know but still not tellin her father is starting to get on my nerves, as well. If you're going to keep it a secret, than keep it a secret.

The title of the next episode, "Left Behind" suggests we will actually see the aftermath on Team Arrow's side. In all honesty, I'm hoping that Roy confronts Thea with the information and tells her why Oliver is dead, if only because I love when she's pissed at Malcolm.... But the question I gotta wonder is if anyone's going to tell Barry, and if so, if we'll see that?

As for the odd twists and turns they've been taking this year... well, they did this with Season 1 and Season 2, as well... and when you watch those seasons now, you see the whole picture... or at least I do.

A good general story although I have some problems with Thea killing Sara but generally I'm OK with it. First is Felicity still being able to tell the archer was 3 inches shorter than an average archer but missed that 2 people were on the rooftop with Sara when she was killed? Second there were 11 out of 12 markers on the DNA matching Oliver, we know the missing marker had to be gender but how can all of the other 11 markers match Oliver when Thea has a different biological father? Third was the seemingly rushed explaination of how Thea killed Sara using the brainwashing plant. With no prior evidence of the drug it felt like Thea was selected for a surprised twist and at the last minute they recognized that making her the killer would destroy any potential teaming up between Laurel and Oliver so they added in this plant that's completely unknown to anybody but Maseo, Oliver, China White and Malcolm so that Laurel can forgive Thea once she finds out.

Laurel and Dinah... OK mother's intuition but it seemed to easy for Dinah to know Sara was dead and get Laurel to confess yet continue keeping Quentin in the dark about it.

The Love confession from Oliver to Felicity would've worked much better and more convincingly if we hadn't been shown so many forced Olicity moments this season. Disregarding those moments I could almost by it, the damper was Diggle having to be the one to pull Roy out so Oliver and Felicity were alone.

Finally I have to agree with many others that there was to much to tell for a single episode so that it seemed rushed compared to the rest of the season that we've seen so far.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by tam123 View Post
    I know Maseo or whatever his name is now wasn't fooled but Nyssa certainly was even if her reaction was more subdued than I would have thought. She did look like she wanted to attack Oliver.

If Ra's knew Oliver was lying, why didn't he care?

I just remembered something else. When Thea and Laurel were talking at the start of the episode, why did Laurel say something along the lines of "Don't tell Oliver"? I had to rewind it to make sure I heard properly and she definitely said that. Was that some really strange mistake or did Oliver not want to tell Thea for whatever strange reason?

I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't care for this episode. The writers included a lot of great individual moments, but the totality of the episode just seemed off. They want us to believe Quentin is to dumb to realize something's wrong with Laurel, but his ex-wife takes one look and just knows. Not believable. Ray and Felicity continue to be creepy together, but Ray himself could be great as the Atom. Thea being drugged was just plain dumb. If they want her to be the killer, then let her be the killer. I get she has to be blameless so Oliver and laurel can end up together, but if that's the concern they should have picked a different killer, or maybe not have killed Sara at all. The big Oliver and Felicity good by fell flat. The sword fight was of course the best part of the episode. I didn't find it shocking that Oliver was killed, I would have been shocked if he hadn't.

Posting Pro
    Quark: I think Oliver didn't want Thea to know. He still struggles with the whole secrets and lies aspect. I don't know why Ra's didn't care, but it might be connected to the whole, "Ra's doesn't necessarily disagree with Oliver, but thinks his view is too narrow" description they gave for the casting call.

The one detraction I have for this episode? Same as others, it had too much going on. Before the episode began, I told the person I was watching with, "I hope they don't bother with flashbacks this episode."

January 21st is gonna be a hell of a long wait....

I haven't enjoyed Arrow very much. I haven't seen every episode, not by a long shot. I watched a few episodes in season 1 and couldn't get into it. I was told season 2 got a lot better, so I watched a few... seemed like more of the same. I've checked in a couple of times in season 3, and it's still a ways off from something I'd look forward to watching on a weekly basis. That said, I watched this episode and thought that the fight between Arrow and Ra's was handled about as perfectly as possible and was incredibly entertaining.

Serious stuff, there. Serious.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast