Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now who do we think Harrison Wells is?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speople
    Managed to grab a decent image of RF, and it definitly looks like a much younger (and different) man than Tom Cavanagh/Harrison Wells.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fbf40p&s=8#.VIhT3sndXTo

Even clearer here, it's not been blurred around the mouth much it seems.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34zm...8#.VIhWjsndXTo
    They are doing wonders with plastic surgery and facial reconstruction in the future. (that's the "deus ex machina" explanation I'm running with)

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
      I'm afraid, my friend, you are so off that it's not only horribly wrong, it's quite laughable.

The REAL answer: (Spoiler alert) Wells is under the control of Grodd.

In the Plastique episode, he said he had a "Different Future in Mind" for Grodd. Wells was sent back in time, with some advanced tech and knowledge of the Flash, by Grodd to ensure Grodd is created and to make him more powerful with his mental capabilities.

The particle accelerator was all Grodd. Firestorm...Grodd. Caitlin and Cisco were chosen by Wells and thus chosen by Grodd.

But RF got in the way and Wells was sent to dispatch him. (RF is Eddie's ancestor BTW) Grodd has a grand plan and he won't let the stupid imbecile (insert favorite RF alter ego here) stand in his way. He needs Barry at full strength so he can be the catalyst to beat RF. Hence why Wells continues to want him to work on his speed. Wells will train him, mold him in Grodd's image, and when the RF is defeated (at season's end) Wells will reveal himself as an agent of Grodd and that will be the ending Cliffhanger that will cause us pain and anguish over the summer. (not me of course since I figured it out)

Yep...Grodd. He's like a master puppeteer just pulling the strings to his vast evil plan. Just let that soak in.
      I was btw, just joking with my *spoilers*, but, saying that, they're as plausible as anything else out there, esp the bit about the red blur with RF being Jay Garrick since Barry can't be in 2 places at once.

Re Grodd: Wells already knew about him. His "different future in mind for you" quote is because he knows that after the acellerator goes boom, Grodd will get stronger (and other metahumans, good and bad, will be created). His other quote to Felicity, and I'll look to quote it correctly here, "I know who you are, I keep an eye out for promising talent in scientific fields, it's what brought me Cisco, Caitlin, and I foresaw great things from you".

Grodd simply wouldn't want "resistance", especially in the form of brilliant minds, quite the opposite in fact. So no, Wells isn't working for Grodd.

Regardless, ALL those (inc Grodd) are by products, the acellerator's primary purpose was to create The Flash.

Comment

I am seeing a ton of interesting speculation here. I am still somewhat boggled by what went down in last nights episode, so I can only go with what I know for now (and just a little bit of speculation):

- The night that Nora was murdered there were two Flashes present and they seemed to be fighting. When Barry entered the room the "red" Flash moved him away to a safe distance, but in that time RF murdered Nora. SPEC: It could be that the RF was there to kill Barry, and once Barry was gone he murdered Nora instead, making Nora collateral damage.

- It is not possible to say that Wells is "the" RF because there are more than one RF in Flash lore. But there is no denying that Wells is in possession of an RF suit and is in fact "an" RF. SPEC: Whichever RF Wells is, he is a huge fan of Barry/Flash - looks like he collected a ton of memorabilia. I am not sure if that maps Wells to some known RF

- SPEC: When I first saw John Wesley Shipp had joined the show as Barry's father and then watched the first few episodes, I knew JWS was not just going to be Dad-behind-bars. JWS is a speedster, we just don't know which one.

- Wells is 100% on Barry's side at this point

Comment

Managed to grab a decent image of RF, and it definitly looks like a much younger (and different) man than Tom Cavanagh/Harrison Wells.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fbf40p&s=8#.VIhT3sndXTo

Even clearer here, it's not been blurred around the mouth much it seems.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34zm...8#.VIhWjsndXTo
          It's quite possible that they had someone else wear the costume, for a few reasons...

1: No need to split the camera in order to have Tom be on the screen twice. Just use a double.

2: In case any spy pics leaked (which they did), the true identity of RF wouldn't be spoiled.

3: Photoshop artists taking screencaps wouldn't be able to spoil an ongoing mystery.

4: Can film scenes quicker if you just use a stuntman for RF the whole time. No need to take time swapping Tom in and out of fight scenes. Heck, no need to even have him on set.
          Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 12-10-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            I am seeing a ton of interesting speculation here. I am still somewhat boggled by what went down in last nights episode, so I can only go with what I know for now (and just a little bit of speculation):

- The night that Nora was murdered there were two Flashes present and they seemed to be fighting. When Barry entered the room the "red" Flash moved him away to a safe distance, but in that time RF murdered Nora. SPEC: It could be that the RF was there to kill Barry, and once Barry was gone he murdered Nora instead, making Nora collateral damage.

- It is not possible to say that Wells is "the" RF because there are more than one RF in Flash lore. But there is no denying that Wells is in possession of an RF suit and is in fact "an" RF. SPEC: Whichever RF Wells is, he is a huge fan of Barry/Flash - looks like he collected a ton of memorabilia. I am not sure if that maps Wells to some known RF

- SPEC: When I first saw John Wesley Shipp had joined the show as Barry's father and then watched the first few episodes, I knew JWS was not just going to be Dad-behind-bars. JWS is a speedster, we just don't know which one.

- Wells is 100% on Barry's side at this point
            JWS, Jay Garrick. Also fits in quite neatly with what I posted earlier about Barry not being able to be in 2 places at once. (Purely speculation ofc, but it would be so neat and cool IF JWS was shown to be JG)

Comment

I am telling ya, these imagines look like rendered versions of JWS.

Obviously it is a stand in and a real person but it still looks a lot like his frame and face shape.

Photos of the Flash fighting the Reverse Flash on the new TV series have surfaced online.
              Last edited by Sozzeled; 12-10-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I think JWS being Jay Garrick would make a great deal of sense, and be a fantastic plotline. And the fact that Henry is in prison would make no difference - he could escape, do his thing, and be back before anyone noticed. But if JWS is Jay Garrick, does that mean that Jay is Barry's biological father? That seems unlikely to me...

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
                  I think JWS being Jay Garrick would make a great deal of sense, and be a fantastic plotline. And the fact that Henry is in prison would make no difference - he could escape, do his thing, and be back before anyone noticed. But if JWS is Jay Garrick, does that mean that Jay is Barry's biological father? That seems unlikely to me...
                  Agreed, he could be in and out of prison before anyone noticed. As for biological father, maybe no. Jay and or Barry (but more likely Jay) could have told/warned Barry's father in advance what was going to happen at such a time, and that to try and avert it, Jay would have to replace him.

Otoh, they could have it that Jay is Barry's father, and that Barry eventually becoming the Flash and "handing the torch over to Barry", is in a way similar to the way Reeve "handed over the torch" to Welling in SV.

He's DEFINITELY the right age to play Jay though, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind donning the costume for a spin.

Saying that, Wells is ALSO the correct age to play Jay as well. And it COULD have been Wells in the red suit when Nora was being killed, as he's already shown a penchant for wanting to keep Barry safe.

Time will tell.
                  Last edited by speople; 12-10-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I was btw, just joking with my *spoilers*, but, saying that, they're as plausible as anything else out there, esp the bit about the red blur with RF being Jay Garrick since Barry can't be in 2 places at once.

I know you were joking. It's hard to convey the sentiment unless I put a () emoticon up.

I actually liked your Jay Garrick theory. I hope something like that comes out. I'd love to see Jay Garrick but I'm not holding my breath.
                    Last edited by shadow4486; 12-10-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Backward Galaxy, I already acknowledged that I was wrong and apologized for the statements I had made dismissing the idea that Kreisberg was lying and criticizing those who wanted to believe that Wells was in fact a comic-book character. In fact, it's the very first thing I did after the episode ended.

Comment

Sigh. You kids need to watch more Star Trek.

It's obvious what happened. They established that there were two speedsters the night Barry's mother died.

At some point in the near future, Barry finds out Well's ID, and goes after him. During the ensuing battle, Wells does something Science-y to time travel BOTH Barry and Wells to the point of his mother's murder.

Barry wants to save her, but realizes that she has to die to preserve his own timeline, otherwise the world would unravel much worse than just his mother's murder. So he has no choice: he lets the time line play out as it was destined to.

As for the present day confusion: Wells used the same time travel tech to jump back to the days you saw in the last episode. There fore there are now TWO "Wells", one safely hidden in his wheelchair, the other equally safely hidden in the mask. He attacks himself to throw off suspicion and gain trust. Note that he didn't die. Had he, the "man in yellow" Wells would've vanished.

Again, watch more Trek. It's pretty straight forward time travel stuff guys.

Comment

Which is a bit like saying that anyone who wears a piece of Alexander The Great's armour instantly becomes an unbeatable megalomaniac.
                          At some point in the Barry Allen days of the Flash (1970s, maybe early 80s), Professor Zoom was the Reverse Flash and got his speed from his suit. Otherwise he was a regular guy (from the future though).

Comment

ALL too obvious. I think everyone who posted is seeing things that aren't there. (Beating himself up, oh please).

Wells is a time traveller of some sort, he could, and imo did, get that RF costume from a future after RF. Same with the ring. That ring could have been Barry's btw.

RF, as pointed out and as thought for some time, is Eobard Thawne, a descendant of Eddie's from the 25th C, which is why he didn't kill him.

Get too convoluted, stupid and unfollowable and the CW will lose viewers. So they've got to keep it relatively simple. And having R Flashes (and Flashes) all over the place is gonna be way too confusing for the average Joe watching the show.

More to the point, what was the thing that Wells put on the suit ? What was its purpose ?

I think people are seeing 1 and 1 and coming up with a 3. There are a few more twists and turns left yet.
                            I thought the thing he put on the yellow suit was the tachyon item from that rival doctor.

Comment

As for the "tachyon" angle. The producers really need to read up a bit more.
                              You can't just "create" a tachyon pulse, nor can you detect them, no matter who you are.

In their normal state, they ALWAYS travel faster than light, therefore they CAN'T be "detected". You can only "detect" them if you slow them down, and the only way to do that is by removing some of their energy. But how can you remove some of the energy of a particle that you can't see, that you can't catch and is also not subject to the normal laws of physics.

(Tachyons acellerate by losing energy (as opposed to everything else we know of which acellerates by gaining energy), a tachyon with no energy left would therefore be travelling at an infinite velocity, and a tachyon with an infinite amount of energy would therefore be standing still, observable and be interactive with.)
                              Well, there is that whole physics of super heroes thing. Tachyon is a cool sounding word, that is why they use it. It sounds cooler than Neutrino or whatever Also since they are already using dark matter and such, I guess they are purposely sticking to things we know little about at this time. In 20-40 years, we may look back and really get a chuckle from some of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
                                I'm afraid, my friend, you are so off that it's not only horribly wrong, it's quite laughable.

The REAL answer: (Spoiler alert) Wells is under the control of Grodd.

In the Plastique episode, he said he had a "Different Future in Mind" for Grodd. Wells was sent back in time, with some advanced tech and knowledge of the Flash, by Grodd to ensure Grodd is created and to make him more powerful with his mental capabilities.

The particle accelerator was all Grodd. Firestorm...Grodd. Caitlin and Cisco were chosen by Wells and thus chosen by Grodd.

But RF got in the way and Wells was sent to dispatch him. (RF is Eddie's ancestor BTW) Grodd has a grand plan and he won't let the stupid imbecile (insert favorite RF alter ego here) stand in his way. He needs Barry at full strength so he can be the catalyst to beat RF. Hence why Wells continues to want him to work on his speed. Wells will train him, mold him in Grodd's image, and when the RF is defeated (at season's end) Wells will reveal himself as an agent of Grodd and that will be the ending Cliffhanger that will cause us pain and anguish over the summer. (not me of course since I figured it out)

Yep...Grodd. He's like a master puppeteer just pulling the strings to his vast evil plan. Just let that soak in.
                                I admit, I have been wondering where Grodd has been hiding out. But for Wells to be in Grodds image, he needs some hands on his feet, and a lot more hair. This is an entertaining speculation, but I have no idea if what you are guessing at is true. I bet Grodd would love the delicious banana looking yellow suit of R/F

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎