Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now who do we think Harrison Wells is?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liko
    What if wells isn't the bad rf and more and the other rf that beat wells and the flash down is their rivals. Maybe the reason he doesn't like wells because he doesn't want him
    making the flash powerful which is odd for any rf period.(good or bad). So maybe the bad rf fears that and hates wells for it. Also, maybe wells doesn't know who this rf is suggesting he is a time traveler. No name means be can't ask the computer whom the rf is.
    He CAN ask. The RF has already called himself the RF.

Also, when Barry runs past paper, it flies all over the place. So Wells COULDN'T possibly have been in two places at once inside Star Labs otherwise stuff would have been flying all over the place.

And since Wells is from the future anyway, he wouldn't have need of an "experimental" Tachyon thingy in an alter ego of RF. Besides, RF stopped and took a really good look at Eddie, as if saying "you're my ancestor".

Plenty more twists and turns to come yet. And already so many people are on just one bandwagon after just one twist. (Sigh).

Comment

Just some thoughts. Now, Wells has the voice-disguising thing, and a suit. Now it would be obvious to try and make him the full villain... but I'm getting the feeling that they've decided to throw us through the ringer, mentally, with The Flash's version of the Episode 9/Mid-Season Finale Pattern, which follows thus:

1. Introduces Big Bad.
      2. Alludes to Big Bad's End-Game.
      3. Hero gets owned, mentally or physically (mostly both) by Big Bad or Satellite Baddies (ala Brother Blood and Cyrus Gold).

Wells seems to be genuine in his desire to help Barry, and it didn't seem like the other Reverse-Flash liked him very much. I would guess that Wells' Reverse-Flash is less of a villain and more of an anti-hero (who may have been a villain before he was changed, perhaps by Barry). He seems very intent on keeping the future intact.

Now, I'm rusty on the whole Crisis thing.... but is possible that Wells is a version of Barry, but one who has the Negative Speed Force instead of the normal Speed Force? I mean, if we're talking multiple realities... and there's that comment about how Barry is similar to Wells by Tina McGee...

Comment

Kesienberg also said that no one gets to see his face on the show or as a viewer, so do people honestly think they'd then go back on that and make it SO straightforward for the viewers at the end ? Ofc not.

Wells: Barry, I'm RF

Barry:GTFOH

Wells: Seriously.

Barry:GTFOH

Wells: Listen to me Barry. There's a multiverse out there and at some point in the future a guy called Pariah is going to do an experiment, it'll go a bit pear shaped ofc, and as a result, an omnipotent being called The Anti Monitor begins destroying entire universes with waves of Anti Matter. Only a few people are able to vibrate between universes Barry and you are one of them, so this Anti Monitor will take a villain who will come to be known as the "Psycho Pirate" and enslave you. Gradually, you are destined to break free of his hold, and in an act of self sacrifice, you'll destroy the cannons that are sending out the waves by running around them at super speed. I didn't know this btw, because at the time I was travelling in a time bubble for eternity after you kicked my butt after I killed your future wife to be, Iris, a few years from now.)
        But anyway, in order to facilitate all of this, I travelled back in time from the 25th C and used my super knowledge to build a reactor that would go kaboom so that a lightning bolt would strike a set of chemicals and in a billion to one chance give you super speed. And to set you free, to run at your limits, I also decided it would be cool to replicate your powers and go back in time a bit further and kill your mom so that your dad would spend the rest of his life in prison and make you thoroughly miserable for the rest of your life. Btw, I threatened Joe that I would also kill Iris as well plus I murdered Simon Stagg in cold blood for a laugh. As you can see, I'm a thoroughly bad bastard Barry, but I care about you and want you to save the universe. Everything I've done, I've done it just for you Barry. Done it to make you the ultimate sacrificial hero. I love you.

Barry: Oh Harrison, (reaches forward and embraces him) thank-you SO much.

THE END

Comment

Originally posted by speople
          Btw, did anyone else get the impression that the RF suit was on "display" in Wells' secret rooom, not as a "working suit", but as more of a "museum exhibit" ? It certainly came across that way to me.
          I'm seeing that also. Wells still has the scars on him from the beating Reverse-Flash gave him. I still think there are 2 Reverse Flashes running around in Central City with one protecting Barry (Wells) and the other trying to destroy him (Zoom/Thawne).

Comment

With Tina Mcgee's remark, I'm surprised that no one has yet posted a theory that: BIG drum roll please.

MASSIVE MASSIVE SPOILER ALERTS !!

Originally, RF was on his own when he murdered Nora. But, eventually, after meeting up, Barry convinced Jay Garrick to cross over and try to save his mom.
            So, Henry Allen, is in fact, Jay Garrick, (so yippee we'll get to see JWS suit up again once more), however, because history is immute, this time around, because of the extra noise, Barry unexpectedly came into the room as well, so, to save the future Flash, Jay had to let RF murder Nora anyway and the timeline was left intact.

On top of this bombshell, just to confuse things up a bit more, Harrison Wells, is actually Barry Allen's REAL dad who was placed in the 30th C by the Legion of Superheroes whilst Jay took on the mantle of Barry's "father", (so we'll get to see some more live action LSH as well (Dawnstar PLEASE, who'll come to the past and fall for Firestorm since he's a lot like Wildfire and we'll get a spinoff "The Adventures of Dawnstar and Firestorm" series)), however he eventually broke into the time institute and stole a time bubble to go back home (plus a RF costume and ring from the Flash museum) and he's now doing anything he can to protect and encourage his superhero "son".

Following it all so far ? Good, enjoy the rest of the show.

Comment

I'd dismissed it because I was being stubborn, but the first on-screen appearance of the RF happened literally a few hours after Joe had been plumbing Wells for information about the RF; it would be awfully convenient for a completely different RF to have stolen all of Barry's files, an action that wouldn't have happened if Joe hadn't been asking the questions he was.

Kreisberg blatantly lied about Wells not being a character from the comics; he could certainly have been lying about the RF's face going unseen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                I'd dismissed it because I was being stubborn, but the first on-screen appearance of the RF happened literally a few hours after Joe had been plumbing Wells for information about the RF; it would be awfully convenient for a completely different RF to have stolen all of Barry's files, an action that wouldn't have happened if Joe hadn't been asking the questions he was.

Kreisberg blatantly lied about Wells not being a character from the comics; he could certainly have been lying about the RF's face going unseen as well.
                They've shown Barry often enough in costume but without his mask on, (virtually every ep) I'd expect the same from Wells if he was the RF, but he's not. The costume is quite clearly blatantly displayed behind such an intricate case in the same manner as you'd take care of and display a museum piece.

Regardless, as posted above, Henry is really Jay and Harrison is really Barry's dad.

Comment

Henry is really Jay and Harrison is really Barry's dad.
                  Riiiight... and I'm George Lucas.

People were all ready to accept Wells as the RF before tonight's episode, but with him having been revealed as the RF, now it's become the 'in' thing to deny that he's actually the RF.

Comment

Yes. He's the new Magnificent Bastard.

Comment

Riiiight... and I'm George Lucas.

People were all ready to accept Wells as the RF before tonight's episode, but with him having been revealed as the RF, now it's become the 'in' thing to deny that he's actually the RF.
                      Offhand i can't recall me ever posting or thinking that Wells is RF, cause it's too damn simple and straightforward.

Btw, have a good day George

Comment

Occam's razor says that the simplest explanation - Wells being the RF - is the correct one.
                        ^ I guarantee you that Wells is a completely TV-exclusive character, and that all the people who insisted otherwise are going to look silly when Kreisberg's statement is proven factual.
                        Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        Not that I'm in that group, because I have allowed for both possibilities... but in the event that YOU are wrong, YOU are going to look very silly, my friend. That particular door swings both ways.
                        Feel that door swinging?
                        Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 12-10-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Wells has the suit. Someone slowed down / sped up the voice of Reverse Flash and it sounds like Wells. If you watch that last scene very closely, his wounds heal as it progresses, so he heals very fast (I have to assume he is pretending to need a wheel chair because at some point he did need one and needs to keep his fast healing a secret.) As the previous post says, the simplest explanation of these facts is: Wells IS the Reverse Flash.

Although, I would not hesitate to believe that the show has more twists and turns to come, because that explanation while the simplest, also seems TOO simple.

Comment

As for the "tachyon" angle. The producers really need to read up a bit more.
                            You can't just "create" a tachyon pulse, nor can you detect them, no matter who you are.

In their normal state, they ALWAYS travel faster than light, therefore they CAN'T be "detected". You can only "detect" them if you slow them down, and the only way to do that is by removing some of their energy. But how can you remove some of the energy of a particle that you can't see, that you can't catch and is also not subject to the normal laws of physics.

(Tachyons acellerate by losing energy (as opposed to everything else we know of which acellerates by gaining energy), a tachyon with no energy left would therefore be travelling at an infinite velocity, and a tachyon with an infinite amount of energy would therefore be standing still, observable and be interactive with.)

We're dealing with a show where a guy can run faster than sound, humans manipulate the weather and a goofy nerd can create forcefields to trap murderous speedsters from the future. And this is what you choose to vent about.

It's called "suspending your disbelief." Don't be come that guy. You know, the guy who nitpicks Star Trek. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Managed to grab a decent image of RF, and it definitly looks like a much younger (and different) man than Tom Cavanagh/Harrison Wells.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fbf40p&s=8#.VIhT3sndXTo

Even clearer here, it's not been blurred around the mouth much it seems.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34zm...8#.VIhWjsndXTo
                              Last edited by speople; 12-10-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

With Tina Mcgee's remark, I'm surprised that no one has yet posted a theory that: BIG drum roll please.

MASSIVE MASSIVE SPOILER ALERTS !!

Originally, RF was on his own when he murdered Nora. But, eventually, after meeting up, Barry convinced Jay Garrick to cross over and try to save his mom.
                                So, Henry Allen, is in fact, Jay Garrick, (so yippee we'll get to see JWS suit up again once more), however, because history is immute, this time around, because of the extra noise, Barry unexpectedly came into the room as well, so, to save the future Flash, Jay had to let RF murder Nora anyway and the timeline was left intact.

On top of this bombshell, just to confuse things up a bit more, Harrison Wells, is actually Barry Allen's REAL dad who was placed in the 30th C by the Legion of Superheroes whilst Jay took on the mantle of Barry's "father", (so we'll get to see some more live action LSH as well (Dawnstar PLEASE, who'll come to the past and fall for Firestorm since he's a lot like Wildfire and we'll get a spinoff "The Adventures of Dawnstar and Firestorm" series)), however he eventually broke into the time institute and stole a time bubble to go back home (plus a RF costume and ring from the Flash museum) and he's now doing anything he can to protect and encourage his superhero "son".

Following it all so far ? Good, enjoy the rest of the show.
                                I'm afraid, my friend, you are so off that it's not only horribly wrong, it's quite laughable.

The REAL answer: (Spoiler alert) Wells is under the control of Grodd.

In the Plastique episode, he said he had a "Different Future in Mind" for Grodd. Wells was sent back in time, with some advanced tech and knowledge of the Flash, by Grodd to ensure Grodd is created and to make him more powerful with his mental capabilities.

The particle accelerator was all Grodd. Firestorm...Grodd. Caitlin and Cisco were chosen by Wells and thus chosen by Grodd.

But RF got in the way and Wells was sent to dispatch him. (RF is Eddie's ancestor BTW) Grodd has a grand plan and he won't let the stupid imbecile (insert favorite RF alter ego here) stand in his way. He needs Barry at full strength so he can be the catalyst to beat RF. Hence why Wells continues to want him to work on his speed. Wells will train him, mold him in Grodd's image, and when the RF is defeated (at season's end) Wells will reveal himself as an agent of Grodd and that will be the ending Cliffhanger that will cause us pain and anguish over the summer. (not me of course since I figured it out)

Yep...Grodd. He's like a master puppeteer just pulling the strings to his vast evil plan. Just let that soak in.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎