Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now who do we think Harrison Wells is?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vantheman77
    Wells may be one of the Reverse-Flashes the night Barry's mother died as he may have tried to stop Thawne from killing her, but failed to do so.
    If there were two Reverse-Flashes there the night Nora was killed, we would've seen yellow-on-yellow lightning, not yellow-on-red lightning. The other speedster there that night had to have been Barry as Flash, meaning he saved himself Harry Potter-style.

I don't know how Wells was able to beat himself up, but he's clearly the man who killed Nora.

Comment

ALL too obvious. I think everyone who posted is seeing things that aren't there. (Beating himself up, oh please).

Wells is a time traveller of some sort, he could, and imo did, get that RF costume from a future after RF. Same with the ring. That ring could have been Barry's btw.

RF, as pointed out and as thought for some time, is Eobard Thawne, a descendant of Eddie's from the 25th C, which is why he didn't kill him.

Get too convoluted, stupid and unfollowable and the CW will lose viewers. So they've got to keep it relatively simple. And having R Flashes (and Flashes) all over the place is gonna be way too confusing for the average Joe watching the show.

More to the point, what was the thing that Wells put on the suit ? What was its purpose ?

I think people are seeing 1 and 1 and coming up with a 3. There are a few more twists and turns left yet.

Comment

Update: If you stop the footage quickly enough, you'll see that the "attachment" to the RF suit is the Tachyon thing from Mercury Labs. But I think Wells secretly switched the real one for a fake and kept it for himself.

The suit was obviously empty, I think in the closing seconds, Wells was using it to try and bring RF to the present.

Comment

The episode stinger was handled pretty much identically to the way that Malcolm was revealed to the audience as being the Dark Archer.They're not going to do another 'reveal' later on vis a vis the RF's identity. Wells didn't kill Eddie, but that doesn't mean he's not the RF (I never thought I'd be typing this sentence).
          Last edited by DigificWriter; 12-09-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

That "thing" was the Tachyon device that was the McGuffin, of sorts, for the episode. It's the reason Reverse Flash is so much faster and more powerful than Barry.

I like your theory as to Eobard Thawne being Wells. As long as Eddie never becomes a Flash, I'm good.

And WTF?? with this version of Firestorm? What a bad interpretation of a pretty cool character. Plus, there's that nepotism Amell thing going on. Not a good look for Berlanti and Co.

Comment

Originally posted by ManofSteelo
              And WTF?? with this version of Firestorm? What a bad interpretation of a pretty cool character. Plus, there's that nepotism Amell thing going on. Not a good look for Berlanti and Co.
              What's wrong with Firestorm? Clearly this is just a "stage" that he goes through as for the "I'm not Ronnie, don't look for me again" attitude.

Comment

As for the "tachyon" angle. The producers really need to read up a bit more.
                You can't just "create" a tachyon pulse, nor can you detect them, no matter who you are.

In their normal state, they ALWAYS travel faster than light, therefore they CAN'T be "detected". You can only "detect" them if you slow them down, and the only way to do that is by removing some of their energy. But how can you remove some of the energy of a particle that you can't see, that you can't catch and is also not subject to the normal laws of physics.

(Tachyons acellerate by losing energy (as opposed to everything else we know of which acellerates by gaining energy), a tachyon with no energy left would therefore be travelling at an infinite velocity, and a tachyon with an infinite amount of energy would therefore be standing still, observable and be interactive with.)

Comment

Originally posted by ManofSteelo
                  That "thing" was the Tachyon device that was the McGuffin, of sorts, for the episode. It's the reason Reverse Flash is so much faster and more powerful than Barry.

I like your theory as to Eobard Thawne being Wells. As long as Eddie never becomes a Flash, I'm good.

RF is faster than Barry simply because he has way more experience. Barry has been shown to be "holding back" in a previous ep. The tachyon device has nothing to do with RF's speed.

Comment

Btw, did anyone else get the impression that the RF suit was on "display" in Wells' secret rooom, not as a "working suit", but as more of a "museum exhibit" ? It certainly came across that way to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Liko
                      So were there 2 reverse flashes in this episode? Hence why wells took an beating?
                      THE SUIT is the reverse flash. Whomever wears it. Time travel is likely involved here.

Comment

Firestorm/Ronnie

Two minds, one body. Which one is in control?

Comment

Originally posted by Gray1776
                          THE SUIT is the reverse flash. Whomever wears it. Time travel is likely involved here.
                          Which is a bit like saying that anyone who wears a piece of Alexander The Great's armour instantly becomes an unbeatable megalomaniac.

Comment

What if wells isn't the bad rf and more and the other rf that beat wells and the flash down is their rivals. Maybe the reason he doesn't like wells because he doesn't want him
                            making the flash powerful which is odd for any rf period.(good or bad). So maybe the bad rf fears that and hates wells for it. Also, maybe wells doesn't know who this rf is suggesting he is a time traveler. No name means be can't ask the computer whom the rf is.

Comment

In the comics Wally West is able to move fast enough to appear in two places at once, even in different clothes. It could be that it's just Wells beating himself up.
                              Then again in the episode where Joe was threatened by RF, he looked different than he does here, so maybe there are two. idk. I hope we don't lose Eddie or Harrison and they both stay as regulars for the rest of the show.

Comment

Occam's razor says that the simplest explanation - Wells being the RF - is the correct one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎