View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Arrow Vs Flash. Who won? The fans did.

14 58.33%

1 4.17%

7 29.17%

0 0%

1 4.17%

1 4.17%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Barry has failed this episode.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Brave and The Bold?

What did you think?

10!

I need to collect my thoughts but it worked better than The Flash EP cause Boomerang was a good villain & Prism was forgettable. & Diggle was better too.

Caitlin, Felicity & Thea <3 + Laurel & Lyla.
    Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 12-04-2014 at 12:55 AM.

A bit better than the first crossover episode. And certainly a LOT better than the Cupid debacle. Solid episode from start to finish. Nice to see Diggle more active and not just an Olicity cheerleader. And more Lyla is always a plus. The Flash crew was fun to have on the show. Except for Cisco who over did it once or twice.

Next week looks great. Hopefully we'll finally find out who killed Sara.

8/10

New In Town
    This was a good episode and between the two crossovers I think between Cisco's dialog and Captain Boomerang being a better villain than Prism was what made the episode. In terms of Versus I would say the Flash episode had a better match between them I felt a little cheated at the end of Arrow. Still both where good in their own ways. I wish we could have a hero show every day of the week to do cross over events.

loved it. Diggle's words to Oliver in season 1 were repeated to Barry by Oliver - the part about losing oneself a little at a time. - loved the tie in to the first season.
    Cisco is awesome. I love Cisco in Flash, and I love him even more in Arrow.

No ratings topic and I don't feel like making it but last night's episode might've been the highest rated episode of Arrow since the premiere. Live+SD number in 18-49 was 1.4 with nearly 3.9M viewers.

EDIT: Going by just the rating it's the highest rated episode of Arrow ever.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 12-04-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Despite this being another filler episode (sigh) that was a great episode. Oliver was a lot better in this part than The Flash part. Plus those boomerangs were super cool! That little scene between Oliver and Lyla was great.

It was interesting that Harkness worked for ASIS. Didn't Slade as well? No doubt they know each other.

I'm surprised by how little we have seen Malcolm this season especially as he has joined the main cast. Hope that changes from next week.

After those flashbacks this episode, I really really hope we get to see scenes between Amanda and Ra's al Ghul. I bet they would be electric.
    Last edited by Quark; 12-04-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    In the Arrow universe both Slade and Digger Harkness worked for ASIS.

Forum Whiz
    Well, this crossover was a success in my eyes

The one thing I didn't like was the ending, where we were teased with no real hope of ever seeing what happened in the final fight between Arrow and Flash I kept thinking, all Flash has to do is zip behind arrow and empty out his quiver. But we'll never really know lol

It was nice to see how the darker mood of the Arrow show was dampening the spirits of Flash and his team. But it was not enough to hold him down. It was great when he said to Ollie, "you know, i think you're full of crap". The part when Ollie hits that guy with an arrow, and the reaction of Flash to it, were well done. I can't imagine what Flash would have thought of Ollie back in season one. He probably would have tried to apprehend him.

It was really nice to see the interactions between Barry and Ollie, Felicity and Cisco & Caitlin, Roy and Barry, and everybody else. It was even fun when Barry and Ollie went to see Quentin Lance. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time to see Roy and Diggles dark moods against the endless enthusiasm of Cisco in that van. But it was nice at the end when Roy said - It was fun having you guys around. How about the big difference even between the darkness of Verdant against the various coffee shop or bar back in Central City.

Boomerang was an excellent villain, and I really hope they don't plan on making him a one shot, like they apparently did with the weather guy and some others. The fights were excellent. The initial fight when Boomerang invades ARGUS, and the part where the Arrows show up, and then Flash shows up ultimately to save Ollies hide - Oh yeah, it was awesome. They gave Harkness a sort of double dagger style of fighting with those boomerangs, and it worked very well.

It is interesting that Boomerang was a part of some suicide squad, and survived the kill switch. And it appears he was part of the same group that gave us Slade. I wonder, with all this ARGUS and LOA stuff going on, will there eventually be an appearance of this ASIS organization? And the thought of Slade and Boomerang working together gives me plenty of speculative ammunition.

I really hope there are more cross show developments, such as STAR helping Ollie get better gear, and maybe between the police forces of Starling and Central City.

I suppose the next episodes will be back to normal, by which I hope get back into the meat of what happened with Sara, what the heck is Malcolm and Thea doing, etc.

Forum Regular
    Thought the 2 episode were done really well tonight!

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    NightHawk777 the ending was a reference to Rocky 3 because Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg love that movie. It is a refence to when Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed were having their rematch for fun and they both took one swing and it freeze-framed to the credits.

The problem with having a super-powered guy (Flash) in a non-super-powered series (Arrow) or at least non-super-powered fight is that Barry - instead of evacuating the whole train platform - could have simply stolen all of Whatshisname's boomerangs. He had 8 or so and it would have taken Barry the blink of an eye.

That would have cost us the Arrow fight on an Arrow episode, but as I said, the problem with having...

Ollie's speech about the price he pays, and the cost to his humanity, whenever the Arrow crosses the line into morally questionable turf raised this ep. to another level, one I'm not accustomed to seeing on a CW-branded show. The stage was set for this in the S3 premiere when he was questioning if he was more Oliver Queen or more the Arrow. It was well done.

I don't know why everyone had their quivers in a bind about Diggle and Lyla's non-marital status, though it was funny to see them address the subject. He could have also said: we're basically common-law at this point, so deal with it. But I guess it's a moot point now that he's putting a ring on it (again).

Inserting more superheroes and/or metahumans, freaks etc. could be an issue if Arrow gets carried away with it going forward, when it has spent several seasons trying to keep the series as grounded and "real" as possible in a universe that includes Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul ... and now includes Flash and his legions of accident-birthed metas. I can live with it if they -- including Flash -- are used sparingly and wisely ... a lesson SV did not learn so well in hindsight.

And I did dig the ending and the Rocky nod. It's a superhero what-if battle and was left open-ended, as it should be. We should never know who is the ultimate victor is. Leave that for the kids in schoolyards around the world to sort out.

(Anyway, Batman knows all their weaknesses and can pick them off at his leisure. Who else will keep them in line? )

Everything was pretty great, hope to see Flash on Arrow again soon, and maybe see Arrow get some kind of power boost as he starts facing enemies that is just overwhelming. I don't mean superpower stuff, but maybe see him exploring what he can do with an arrow, long range sniping, deflecting projectiles/bullets with his arrow, the tennis ball trick is still by far the coolest trick I have seen

Anyone thought it was weird that Captain Boomerang escaped Argus facilities with a smoke bomb while Barry just watched? Like where can he run to...

I thought the episode was good. What was nice about it was the interaction between Barry and Oliver, as well as the Star Labs team. Sometimes I think Oliver takes himself far too seriously. I mean, I know he's a darker character and everything, but I just thought it was nice to see it from another person's eyes, even if that person is more optimistic than Oliver. Both crossovers were pretty well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast