Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Flash vs. Arrow?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I post my thoughts, I feel the need to preface this by admitting I don't watch Arrow. No, not even the crossover episode (part 2). I don't like Oliver Queen/Green Arrow much in the comics and so have never watched the show.

Despite not being a GA fan, I found myself rather enjoying this episode. And Ollie, though he did make me angry--trying to get Barry to be like him. He should know that not everyone reacts the same way or deals with situations the same way. Everyone has their own way of doing things. What works for Ollie might not work for others. And definitely wouldn't work for Barry.

I did enjoy Cisco's fanboying and Caitlin and Felicity's talk.

I was disappointed in Iris, however. She's seen amazing things--a guy who can run at super speeds, a dude with a freeze gun, etc. So why wouldn't she believe that Barry might have been under a meta's influence? That something was controlling him? It just seemed like she gave up on him too easily or turned her back on him too easily or something.

So yeah, enjoyed it more than I thought but still had some problems with it.

Comment

I thought the story was quite solid and that actually, the Prism was a pretty good meta-crook. Being the CW, the story was mostly in service of the character relationships; that just comes with the territory. So what if Barry kicked Eddie around a bit? Eddie deserves it, since he's an arrogant ass. Iris writing the Flash off so easily just confirms what I've always thought about her--she's not worth Barry's time. Also, she looked unattractive and un-sexy per usual. If the show-runners want Iris' character to seem like a legitimate love interest for Barry, they should have gotten an actress who can project some sex appeal. Meh.

Joe and Diggle make a great team--it would be fun to have an ep where they get the bad guy and Oliver and Barry fail :-)

Jeff's superficial and puerile eye candy report: It was awesome to see Caitlyn Snow looking hotter than usual- the high heels and a short skirt and / or sheer top unlock some of her amazing sex-appeal potential! Someday the costumers are going to realize that mousy gray and brown are not her colors, they just flatten her out and make her look bland and, well, mousy :-) Emily was hot as always. How come she gets nice clothes in eye-catching colors but Caitlyn doesn't. Yes, the bra scene was hot! But it was even hotter when they were standing close together and talking. I'm heading over to the Arrow forum to say this: if there is a heaven, it's a place where I am the central ingredient in a Felicity / Caitlyn sandwich

Comment

It's funny how the fan-dom commentary on the Barry/Iris relationship is almost exactly the same heard about Oliver/Laurel when Arrow started: "I hate {Laurel/Iris}, there is no chemistry between she and {Oliver/Barry}" Lo and behold, the writers basically separate the comic book couples early in the respective inaugural seasons. It probably gives them more options as to when to bring them together. Doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not watching for the soap opera relationship spaghetti.

Comment

I saw this episode on Netflix, a few day ago. I like the interaction between Flash and Oliver. Barry losing his cool around his friends after his enemy cause him to lose his control was cool. It was a good thing that he got his emotion under control again.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎