Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Wells want to know how to remove the Flash's powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Wells want to know how to remove the Flash's powers?

My guess is he wants to use it for some reason further down the line...perhaps so he can take down the Flash himself? Maybe he's the reason the Flash goes missing in the future?

I believe Wells is this shows version of Max Mercury, a speedster who, while a hero, was not as fast as those who were connected to the Speed Force. Max wanted to connect with the Speed Force, but every time Max tried he got bounced through time instead - again, not quite fast enough. If Wells were to steal Barry's speed, he could use it to connect with the Speed Force, thereby allowing him to time-travel back to his own time, which (I guess) is in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
      I believe Wells is this shows version of Max Mercury, a speedster who, while a hero, was not as fast as those who were connected to the Speed Force. Max wanted to connect with the Speed Force, but every time Max tried he got bounced through time instead - again, not quite fast enough. If Wells were to steal Barry's speed, he could use it to connect with the Speed Force, thereby allowing him to time-travel back to his own time, which (I guess) is in the future.
      A good guess, BUT, merely severing the connection to the speed force won't necessarily allow the person who severed it, to gain access to it themselves.
      Wells is more and more akin to R/F. He isn't afraid to murder, he's like an obsessd fan, he possesses knowledge of the future, he possesses superior science.
      Whilst I'm sure that Wells ISN'T R/F (it would be too easy a cop out) I don't think he's MM either. Loved Wells' wink to The Mist btw.
      Last edited by speople; 11-25-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
        My guess is he wants to use it for some reason further down the line...perhaps so he can take down the Flash himself? Maybe he's the reason the Flash goes missing in the future?
        Flash goes missing in the future because he's dead, Crisis 7.

Comment

I just don't think Wells is the Reverse Flash - it almost seems too obvious. I would not be surprised if someone else is the Reverse Flash, and Wells is either working with him or against him. That is where my Max Mercury theory started - because I don't think Wells is the Reverse Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            I just don't think Wells is the Reverse Flash - it almost seems too obvious. I would not be surprised if someone else is the Reverse Flash, and Wells is either working with him or against him. That is where my Max Mercury theory started - because I don't think Wells is the Reverse Flash.
            Grant Gustin said in an interview that Reverse Flash is someone we don't expect so that rules out Wells and possibly Eddie Thawne.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
              Grant Gustin said in an interview that Reverse Flash is someone we don't expect so that rules out Wells and possibly Eddie Thawne.
              As unlikely as it may be, the first person that came to mind was Barry's father. Maybe from the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Red k Clark '04
                As unlikely as it may be, the first person that came to mind was Barry's father. Maybe from the future.
                So Barry's dad came back in time to kill his wife and frame himself for murder? That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Alternate dimension version of Barry's father.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                    Earth 3 version?

Most people in Earth 3 are opposite so if they are good in Earth 3 they are evil outside of Earth 3 and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                      Nice avatar, unless I'm mistaken that's KARR's voicebox from the original Knight Rider. More OT, if it is someone we don't expect, but still a series regular, it doesn't leave too many people.

Wells - Too obvious
                      Cisco - Vibe
                      Caitlin - Killer Frost
                      Joe - RF is white
                      Eddie - Too obvious
                      Iris - Again, white
                      Barry's dad - Too stupid
                      Alternate Barry - Too confusing

I don't think there is actually anyone left now.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        Earth 3 version?

Most people in Earth 3 are opposite so if they are good in Earth 3 they are evil outside of Earth 3 and vice versa.

They really need to stay away from Alternate dimensions and alternate worlds in the first season. That would just confuse the hell out of a casual viewer. And they don't need the fanboys to watch the show. We're gonna watch it regardless. They need to hook the people who've never seen it or know much about the Flash. Alternate versions of anyone is gonna drive people away in confusion.

People from the future...that's something they can get behind (We saw it with Heroes) but you have too many "alternate" places and people cannot keep up.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎