Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Power Outage?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, costas22, how did you write 74K + posts? Did Harrison Wells build you an automatic post-writing machine or something?

Comment

Great episode but still not quite perfect.

My main nitpicks:
      *Didnt quite get how Iris got away from Tockman at the end. To me it looked liked he knocked the gun away from her hand and the. The next thing you know, Barry arrives to find Iris okay and Tockman knocked out. Did I miss something?
      *Still yet another conflict easily resolved by the end of the episode. Seriously are they not going to address how Barry realized Wells was sketchy? How is he still working with him?

All that I got time to post right now may post more later.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
        Great episode but still not quite perfect.

My main nitpicks:
        *Still yet another conflict easily resolved by the end of the episode.
        Resolved easily ? Girder "died", Cisco and Caitlin (and possibly Barry as well) would also have died had Wells not put himself up as a target.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff0253
          Geez, costas22, how did you write 74K + posts? Did Harrison Wells build you an automatic post-writing machine or something?
          Yup. And Cisco built me a fancy suit to post like a flash. Well, I spent a lot of time down at Kryptonsite Culture a few years ago. And funnily enough, there are 3-4 people with even more posts than me.

Comment

So, the AI with GoogleFuture™ has the name of Gideon... Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
              So, the AI with GoogleFuture™ has the name of Gideon... Interesting.
              I was a little disappointed with that, the best comps always come with a female voice. Best comp was Andrea Roth in the 90's Robocop tv series.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                I was a little disappointed with that, the best comps always come with a female voice. Best comp was Andrea Roth in the 90's Robocop tv series.
                It is still a female voice, Morena Baccarin is the voice of Gideon.

Comment

Really enjoyable episode. Probably the best of the season so far. Really like all of the characters. Iris' Father is my favourite.

Comment

I have to say I liked it better than the previous episode, although I still wouldn't go above an eight out of ten. I did like the idea of a guy who wasn't painted as a total villain.

I enjoyed the part where Barry pretty much confronted Wells - I think he is starting to get an idea that Wells isn't as benevolent as he seems. The question remains. Who is Wells really and what is his real interest in Barry?

I also liked that Barry is now pushing himself even harder, even if it took an extra push from Wells. Still, I think he was right in saying that Barry's emotional attachment is probably the thing that keeps him pushing hard.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                      I also liked that Barry is now pushing himself even harder, even if it took an extra push from Wells. Still, I think he was right in saying that Barry's emotional attachment is probably the thing that keeps him pushing hard.
                      It was quite refreshing to hear Wells say that. So often you hear the bad guys say that emotional attachment makes you weak.

Comment

I enjoyed big parts of this episode but didn't others.

I really liked the idea of someone finally hunting down Wells for what the particle accelerator did. And seeing Wells take responsibility like that was nice. Actually I enjoyed all of Harrison's stuff in this episode (Tom Cavanaugh is just doing such great work with this character).

While I wasn't thrilled with the whole Barry-loses-his-powers bit (it's a standard trope for superheroes but it felt too soon. And to play it right after Barry starts having fun with his powers felt a bit off. What's wrong with him using his speed in everyday life? Both Barry and Wally did it for years in the comics, without dire consequences.), it made for good conflict. And the idea of using the treadmill was an interesting one. Also the 'psychological' jump to his powers was a nice homage to the comics (I don't know about Barry but at one point the same sort of thing happened to Wally).

I enjoyed Clock King as a villain. I don't watch Arrow but as soon as they said his (real) name, I knew he was a time villain. I didn't care for the whole Iris as hostage thing, though.

Not at all surprised that Girder died. Once Barry revealed his identity to him last episode I knew he either would die or somehow be taken out of commission (a coma or something like that). I even wonder if Wells picked Girder because he knew that the dude knew Barry's identity?

Speaking of Wells--
                        Originally posted by shadow4486
                        Does Wells want Barry to live so he can disappear in the Crisis seen on the future paper?

And why does he want to understand Farooq's power in the end scene?
                        I have a personal theory behind Wells' behavior. *ahem* I think that Harrison knows that Barry will be pivotal in stopping the Crisis. That he must be there and be the Flash (a Flash who knows how to best use his powers), in order to stop the Anti-Monitor. Thus he 'gave' Barry his powers, created the Flash. And is helping him learn about said powers and hone his skills and become a hero. I also believe that he might even be helping to manufacture some villains, or pushing them toward Barry, in order to teach the Flash how to fight bad guys. So in answer to your first question, I think Wells wants Barry to live and be the Flash because he knows that Barry must be there to defeat the Anti-Monitor and save the world.

As for the second part, I wonder if Wells isn't finding out how to take Barry's powers so that he can create Barry's greatest foe--the Reverse Flash. Every hero needs a nemesis, an arch enemy, and RF is Flash's. RF and the fights with him, mold Barry in a way that Wells might think make him stronger and prepare him for the fight against the Anti-Monitor. At least, as I said, that's my personal theory.

Comment

Great show indeed.
                          Full of entertainment.
                          All time fav show.

Comment

I gave this episode a 9. It was good but it could be a little better. As how to make the story better, I have no idea on how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎