No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Lovecraft?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Lovecraft?"

What did you think of Gotham last night?
    10 - Awesome
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Send it to Arkham
    0%

I gave it a 6.

The best scenes of the night were all from Alfred – kicking some major a** and charming Fish Mooney. Awesome.

There were a couple scenes where I felt both Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue were overacting, but maybe it was just poor dialog.

So, I'm guessing – when the show returns in January – that Arkham is where he meets Leslie Thompkins? I wonder who Bullock will be partnered with in the interim?

The first part of this season has really flown by, and it will be long wait until January. This was not a bad episode, but it could've been better (it didn't really seem like a Winter finale to me).

Comment

Was the last shot with Gordon at Arkham? My recording cut off thanks to the ep running longer due to a news break.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        Was the last shot with Gordon at Arkham? My recording cut off thanks to the ep running longer due to a news break.
        Yes, the gate read Arkham as it was opening up for him

Comment

Not as good as I thought it could have been for a mid season finale. I was surprised how little Penguin featured. The cliffhanger was very intriguing though. Opens up a whole new chapter for the show.

I hope that female assassin will pop up again. And soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
            Yeah the Mayor said that Gordon is forced to be a guard at Arkham Asylum because his gun was used to kill Lovecraft.

Comment

Ty folks for letting me know. I was wondering since the show ran over into Sleepy Hollow's timeslot due to Fox's news interruption.

What really upsets me is that usually we get the same ep on Friday but this wk is Harvey Dent. It wont air next wk either due to college football. So no idea when we will get to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                Yeah the Mayor said that Gordon is forced to be a guard at Arkham Asylum because his gun was used to kill Lovecraft.
                I thought the mayor said it was suicide (Lovecraft grabbed his gun and shot himself)?

Regardless, they just needed an excuse to get him out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I thought the mayor said it was suicide (Lovecraft grabbed his gun and shot himself)?

Regardless, they just needed an excuse to get him out of the way.
                  Lovecraft didn't though he was murdered with Gordon's gun. He sent Gordon to Arkham because Gordon didn't want to agree with the Mayor's lie about it being a suicide.

Comment

I really liked this ep--the pacing was good, something of a roller coaster ride. Interesting to see Poison Ivy a bit more. Selina & Bruce's puppy love is cute :-) Selina has such amazing wide-set doe eyes, doesn't she? You can see why Catwoman grows into such a pretty kitty. I really liked what Alfred said at the end about the old place being too quiet when she isn't around. And the plot device with Gordon going to Arkham is intriguing. Finally, Fish did something out of character--maybe there's hope for a more three-dimensional development there; hope so.

Jeff's shallow and irrelevant eye-candy report: Makenzie Leigh looked hot as always in her sheer blouse--simultaneously classy and sexy. Would like to see her for more than two seconds though; c'mon show runners, eye-candy has to be savored to be enjoyed! I'm with Costas22, above: glad the gorgeous assassin escaped--a lethal babe in tight leather clothes calculated to valorize her booty! What more could you want? She has a wonderfully mysterious creamy-olive complexion, very fetching indeed! Wonder who the hottie was standing behind the Mayor on Lovecraft's steps? Prolly just a good-looking extra, I guess. Too bad--reckon we'll see her just this once.

I thought the ending was ok for a mid-season break--leaves us wondering 1) what insane things will happen to James at Arkham and 2) how he'll start climbing the ladder toward Police Commissioner again. So it wasn't overly dramatic. I don't think these things always have to be over the top. Wasn't the man-hug with Nygma droll? I really like the occasional little comic relief scenes in the show, and I hope the writers keep the humorous little counterpoint going.

See y'all in January if not before on the Flash and Arrow boards!
                    Last edited by Jeff0253; 11-25-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

10!

Best of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        Lovecraft didn't though he was murdered with Gordon's gun. He sent Gordon to Arkham because Gordon didn't want to agree with the Mayor's lie about it being a suicide.
                        You're absolutely right, sorry. I forgot that he was shot and killed by one of the assassins while Jim was unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff0253

Jeff's shallow and irrelevant eye-candy report: Makenzie Leigh looked hot as always in her sheer blouse--simultaneously classy and sexy. Would like to see her for more than two seconds though; c'mon show runners, eye-candy has to be savored to be enjoyed! I'm with Costas22, above: glad the gorgeous assassin escaped--a lethal babe in tight leather clothes calculated to valorize her booty! What more could you want? She has a wonderfully mysterious creamy-olive complexion, very fetching indeed! Wonder who the hottie was standing behind the Mayor on Lovecraft's steps? Prolly just a good-looking extra, I guess. Too bad--reckon we'll see her just this once.
                          The bold part is awesome. Described the assassin better than I ever could.

As a fellow worshipper of eye candy, I applaud this report. Hope it's a permanent feature for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            The bold part is awesome. Described the assassin better than I ever could.

As a fellow worshipper of eye candy, I applaud this report. Hope it's a permanent feature for the rest of the season.
                            Costas22, I'm doing them for Flash and Arrow as well. Someone has to uphold the obnoxious and specious love of female beauty around here

Comment

Hi. I'm new here. i loved this episode.
                              Alfred was the Real Alfred.. he was the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎