View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Like a boomerang I want this episode to come back.

8 28.57%

6 21.43%

5 17.86%

2 7.14%

2 7.14%

2 7.14%

1 3.57%

1 3.57%

0 0%
  • 1 - Cupid is Stupid

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal El's Equal View Post
    Agree. Some take these shows far to seriously. Just like they did with Smallville.
    Count me in ...especially since I have no prior knowledge of these characters (and for that matter any comic book related character from the big and small screens) I just enjoy the ride.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acer15 View Post
    No Arrow next week?
    Nope CW always airs Planes, Trains, and Automobiles the day before Thanksgiving.

Posting Pro
    Good:
    - The portrayal of Cupid, it fulfilled all of my expectations.
    - Oliver/Roy moments, they seem to finally be getting the brother like connection the 2 should have. No longer just mentor and student.
    - Diggle portraying his age, wisdom and combat experience and passing that knowledge onto Oliver when it comes to Felicity.
    - First look at Ray's suit
    - Captain Boomerang

Bad:
    - All the lovey dove **** between Oliver/Felicity/Ray. I didn't mind the little bit in the first episode to appease the Olicity fans but it's been made clear that they both like each other so stop showing the same old **** again and again.
    - Ray doing the Salmon ladder. That was a complete and utter waste of time, there was nothing gained by that at all unless they are trying to portray similarities between Ray and Oliver for when Ray does become the Atom.
    - The mention that Cupid is crazier then the LAST girl they had in the Suicide Squad. I guess that means we won't get to see Harley Quinn in Arrow at all
    - Much like Ray's salmon ladder scene, Thea's try out for DJ's at Verdant just seemed like wasted screen time.

Overall this was probably one of my least favourite episodes of Arrow as a whole. I'll watch it once more to see if I missed anything but after that I don't think it will be one that I'll ever watch again unfortunately.

Forum Whiz
    I liked the episode.

It was nice to see Roy and Ollie hanging out, and Diggle inviting them over for dinner.

The whole Felicity / Ray is now a thing? Ok. I have to say I am not very invested in this. But I'm also not invested in a Felicity Ollie thing either, so whatever

The Cupid stuff was amusing and entertaining. I like the way they flashed back to the mirakuru times to show her infatuation with Arrow. But it was kind of cold that they take out some guys, hop in their vehicle and take off, without saying a word to her. I liked Cupid ok, but she really comes across to me as a sort of watered down version of Helena. Cupid would make an excellent side kick for Helena, like Roy is for Arrow

Not sure how she took Roy down, he looked paralyzed. And the fighting was what I expected as Arrow was definitely holding back. He didn't want to hurt her, and she was aggravating him the entire time with her endless funny comments.
    I do not understand how Arrow would hand her over to Waller, after we see what a villain Waller is in the flashbacks.

I'm expecting the next episode will kick back into the main story arc, after this breather. Well, there is the upcoming crossover episodes with Flash.

This DJ character seemed like a kid in a bar. Why didn't Thea ask for his ID, he's not old enough to be in there And then she kisses the kid I guess DJ can't help it if he is a completely unlikeable tool, but the Thea I have been watching for this season seems to have disappeared and turned back into a Thea who is not strong willed and in control. I was wondering aloud, WTH is Roy when you need him?

The idea with crazy psycho fan of the Arrow was quite interesting and I liked how the character was portrayed (reminds me of Harley Quinn), but putting Olicity into the episode ruined most of it to me. I find tangling Oliver into another triangle completely pointless and creating unecessary drama. Reducing Diggle to love messenger between Oliver and Felicity is riddiculus. They are all adults, the time when one sends a colleague to find out if he can ask out a girl is over. Also, I all of this pain which Ollie is supposed to show, because he can't be with her is absoultely not convincing to me. Really, in this aspect I have feeling as if the writers used for inspiration only badly written fan fics.

Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    I'm not an Olicity shipper, and maybe I have an overly negative bias, but the whole Felicity/Oliver romance plotline felt mostly like the writers were going through the motions of giving the Olicity shippers what they want, without really putting their heart into it.
    My thoughts exactly.

Does actually any of the creators of the show remember that it was memory about Laurel which kept Oliver alive on the island?

As for the other things in the episode - I liked the flashbacks. For a moment I really belived they killed off Maseo. Also, the psyhologist diagonsis of the Arrow's case was funny.

"You could use a little therapy yourself"
    "What gives you that impression?"
    "You mean apart from the mask and the Robin Hood costume?"

I liked also Arsenal becoming official Roy's nickname. The general plot idea was not bad - if only the creators didn't left us with the feeling that the main purpose of introducing Cupid was to put more of Olicity out of place stuff - sorry for the harsh words, but I can't discribe it otherwise when all of the characters are acting OOC.

Posting Pro
    Ok this episode. The stuff I enjoyed was the Hong Kong which I had a little bit of a chuckle at Oliver not knowing how to do his cloths logic of him living there aside. Sometimes we kind of have forgotten that Oliver was a useless playboy before the island. Also one slight thing I've noticed is Flashback Ollie seams to be smiling quite a bit which is weird for a guy that's supposed to be in hell. Enjoyed seeing Tatsu let lose with a sword on some thugs.
    Now on to the present well Cupid was different type of character which was a good one. The bits I enjoyed was action of course, Oliver, Roy and Diggle.

The appearance of Boomerang for the next episode in 2 weeks was nice along with a very well short, simple but very good moment was Oliver and Roy showing up at Diggle's house for dinner.

With the things I didn't like or didn't even waste my time watching was the Oliver, Felicity and Ray love triangle which I did the same with Thea, Roy and that new DJ"s name. I just don't find that much focus on the fan ship romance enjoyable for me which it doesn't even seam the writers know how to do that correctly. Also I found that one of the things that has made this season seam a little off is the death of a very strong female Sara Lance. Also the tease of the Atom suit at the end was a nice touch. So besides the stuff I fast forwarded through I enjoyed the episode.

Not one of the better episodes for sure.

But, looking at it from a high level...

Q: What were the writers trying to show in this episode?
    A: Oliver is alone. Everyone else is growing up and building a life for themselves except Oliver Queen. Even in the flashbacks, Matseo's family is cheerful and happy. Felicity is growing more confident, becoming an accomplished business partner and finding love. Diggle has a family. Roy is growing in his own way, trying to own up for killing the cop. Ray Palmer is saving the city. To rub it in further, they gave Arrow a lover - a crazy psycho ***** - that he had to let go. The Arrow is getting exactly what he asked for, and stated plainly in the episode. He's alone and a loner.

New In Town
    Being a Hapkido guy myself, I rather liked the moves in the Cupid / Arrow sparring match. Nice circle and takedown there at the beginning by Ollie. I have resigned myself to something soapy always going on, and in fact I'm delighted that the exhausting family drama seems to be out of it for now. I was getting really tired of the Queen family members doing horrible things and lying to one another ostensibly for good--albeit na´ve--moral reasons. If there's going to be soap, it might as well be a new crush triangle. I think Felicity actually meant what she said at dinner. Maybe she senses a new hero in Ray. His Atom suit looked a little too high-tech for me--I'm a fan of the Silver Age Atom, so I'm a bit too retro for this show's version of reality. My fault, not theirs.

Jeff's inappropriate eye-candy report: OMG, Felicity looked hot, but not so much as devil with the blue dress on as in the beginning. Really, that's how a woman ought to dress around the office! She's way more seductive with the glasses on than when she's got them off. I really love Thea's new look--what a great haircut! And the revealing / concealing tops are calculated to drive men insane. She has really glorious long legs--the costumers should do a bit more with them. She owns a club, not the place for baggy pants and loose skirts. Latex would be perfect. Cupid was sexier than I thought she'd be--there's something dangerously fascinating about a flirtatious redhead with a crazy streak. Didn't miss Laurel; maybe she was out having a drink someplace?

I'm no Olicity fan--Felicity belongs with Barry Allen, who shares her innocence.

The ep. was okay, neither spectacular nor awful. I expected it to be a bit of a filler ep., esp with an obsessed fan featured in the main plot. The stalker freak as a foe isn't original, but it is what it is.

If anything, this was the episode that stated that Ray/Felicity (Ralicity) is going to be a factor and obviously Ollie is going to have an issue with it. I hope it won't bog down their story arcs so much. Diggle's been covertly supporting Ollie + Felicity or at least keeping their flame alive. Now he's all but declared he wants them to be an item. (I actually think he should be more worried Cupid is on the Suicide Squad now. )

I would also say that Barricity is the ship I'm on board with so far. It just works and doesn't seem forced.

LOL eye-candy report. I'd have to say, Felicity's been taking care of business this season -- and on 2 shows no less. While I've always liked Thea (and I'm talking completely on a superficial level, nothing to do with her story arc, character development etc.), she's been hitting home runs in S3. If it's not the sassy haircut, it's her clothes, it's everything. Damn right, Roy, you should be jealous -- all the guys are checking her out this season, can you blame them lol. It's unfortunate we won't get to see Cupid too often. But it looks like we're getting more Thea.
    Last edited by President_Luthor; 11-21-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    I would also say that Barricity is the ship I'm on board with so far. It just works and doesn't seem forced.
    Barricity ship is terrible, it needs to be renamed to the Ferry ship

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    LOL eye-candy report. I'd have to say, Felicity's been taking care of business this season -- and on 2 shows no less. While I've always liked Thea (and I'm talking completely on a superficial level, nothing to do with her story arc, character development etc.), she's been hitting home runs in S3. If it's not the sassy haircut, it's her clothes, it's everything. Damn right, Roy, you should be jealous -- all the guys are checking her out this season, can you blame them lol. It's unfortunate we won't get to see Cupid too often. But it looks like we're getting more Thea.
    Ya Luthor, eye-candy is wonderfully superficial and shallow, a lot like me. And "sassy" is the perfect word for Thea's new cut! You know what the costumers should do? Instead of having Felicity wear contacts when she's out, they should get her some nice classy contemporary eyewear. The sexy nerd thing is a huge part of her appeal. I really love all her ear-piercings--shows there's a bad girl someplace in there trying to get out.

Not much I can say about this ep except for it wasn't for me.

New In Town
    Loved the episode NO LAURAL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tina65adams View Post
    Loved the episode NO LAURAL!!!!
    Agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowaddict22 View Post
    Honestly, I watch the show for its pure entertainment value. I do not try to analyze relationships, characters etc. i watch it pretty much on a one-dimensional level. Each week, on this basis, the show delivers for me.
    Agreed. I was entertained; I really enjoyed the episode. So I think it was a success. Now I'm starting to remember why I left the fan boards years ago...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast