0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode should be buried.
    0%

I gave this episode a 9 - lots of action, lots of exposition, and an excellent setup for what promises to be a huge Fall finale episode next week.

The Ward story has become a very strong part of this show. Having Ward out in the world doing whatever he feels is right (and he seems to be playing EVERYONE) has huge plot potential, but (writers) Ward must never formally return to SHIELD. I don't believe for one second that Ward has rejoined HYDRA, so I am looking forward to his next move.

I was glad that Tripp didn't die, but I really thought that would happen. I kind of feel like the Tripp character has been marginalized for the last few episodes, so I would not have been surprised. Glad to have been wrong on that one...

Finally the whole "alien" substory seems to be coming to a head, and just in time for me. Clearly Skye's mom was an Inhuman, I am not so sure about her father (but he does have that anger strength). So apparently "the monsters" who came looking for baby Skye were Hydra, and "Daddy Skye" knows that to be the case. I would guess that Whitehall is the primary target for "Daddy Skye", although I don't think he is too happy with Coulson either.

Can't wait for next week - the temple !! I suspect that the Fall Finale cliffhanger will involve Skye or Raina (or both) entering the temple (which I believe contains the Terrigen mists) and being somehow transformed. At least I hope so...

Comment

This was a strong episode, again reinforcing what SHIELD has been doing right this season. Marvel comes out on top this day at least, it's not even close considering Flash's weaker entry earlier this evening.

Ward became the most interesting character the moment he turned heel and I think he puts a lock on the title with this episode (with Fitz definitely putting up a challenge this season). He was never a HYDRA zealot and I'm completely fine with him working off his own agenda for his own ends. If last season was what I'd call the "Ward Identity", I'd be more than pleased if S2 is the "Ward Supremacy" eg. Ward collecting on past debts, correcting past wrongs to him -- on his terms, his own way.

I'm pleased that Coulson's etchings mystery is finally uncovered. There's a clear goal that must be achieved, which is good for all involved.

The details about Skye's origins are coming out and I can't wait to see how her father is going to avenge his wife's death. I'm interested again in the Diviner subplot after losing interest in it for several eps.

Comment

I thought this episode was all right but I liked some things better than others.

So nice to see Dichen again. I loved her in Dollhouse so it's great to see her working with the Whedon clan once more. When she survived touching the Diviner, I thought "did we just find Skye's Mom?"

Bobbie working that dude for info. And Mack worried about Coulson. I get that he doesn't know Coulson very well but you'd think he would have more faith that. And he's all "he's acting weird"? Aliens landed in New York and Gods are real (well, sort of), dude! Time to readjust your thinking about what is possible.

Christian in the car. His "hon" made me so think of White Collar. Then Ward nabbing him. I really wasn't sure if Christian was telling the truth or Ward. Even when Christian admitted it, I wondered if he said it just to save his own skin. But seems he was telling the truth. But I do wonder if Christian and the parents really are dead. If so, then what does that mean for Ward and any possible redemption?

Simmons fangirling over Peggy. Very cute.

They finally figured out some stuff about Whitehall. Good. The Hydra dude killing himself. I had trouble with that. SHIELD should have ways of detecting that sort of thing, I would think.

So Whitehall gained his youth by taking Skye's mother's organs? Yeesh. I had to cover my eyes for most of that scene. Gross!

Ward back to Hydra, it seems. And meeting Daddy Skye.

Who I am loving. Kyle is a great actor anyway but he's bringing such delicious villainy to the role.

I did not, however, care for the Bobbi & Hunter resumption of their 'romance'. I feel we're already focusing too much on the 'new kids' over the old team. I could have done without that.

Comment

'The Things That We bury' is a good episode. Whitehall is a very evil guy, killing an Inhuman to regain something he shouldn't have. He doesn't know it, but he has made an enemy of a certain villain from Thor. He should watch his back.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎