No announcement yet.

Series 9 News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 9 News

Steven Moffat revealed over the weekend that Peter Capaldi has been confirmed for season 9 according to Dark Horizons. There is one cast member who they cant confirm yet so we will have to see how everything turns out.

Peter also said that he would like to see his Doctor get a revamped TARDIS. I believe he wants it more akin to a mix of the ones we saw in the 1960s and Paul McGann's TARDIS. More Jules Verne is how he described Paul's phone box.

Finally ratings came in for Peter's inaugural season/series and theyre in line with the ratings Matt got in his run so not bad at all.

International Business Times states Peter will return for not only 9 but also season/series 10! BBC is very happy with him and want him to stay on as long as possible.
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 11-17-2014, 10:02 PM.

While I didn't really care for Series 8 I'm glad the show is getting a Series 9 & 10!

Comment

So glad that there is going to be more series.

Comment

Yay! I loved Peter Capaldi. I'd gladly watch him two more seasons.

Comment

The season premiere date is now confirmed. At the end of the trailer released by BBC America less than an hour ago it said September 19th is when Doctor Who season 9 debuts.

Btw BBC America simulcast the trailer on their channel at the same time it premiered at San Diego Comic Con today. This trailer is full blown amazing. You thought season 8 was good? You aint seen nothing yet!

Comment

Comment

Overall it's a great trailer.
              I love the fact that Clara is still going to be around, I would have been extremely disappointed if she left as her and the doctor just felt like they were finally coming to terms with another. Missy being back again was expected and also great though at the same time I wish they didn't show her as it could've been used as a suspense factor throughout the first couple of episodes if she was alive.

I get the feeling this season is going to be the building blocks of the next 2-3 seasons (all of which will be Capaldi's run) with the whole finding home bit and everything.

Comment

Could Maisie Williams be playing the Doctor's regenerated daughter? (From David Tennant's Doctor Who episode where he got cloned, hence the daughter)

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  Could Maisie Williams be playing the Doctor's regenerated daughter? (From David Tennant's Doctor Who episode where he got cloned, hence the daughter)
                  I'm thinking it's either going to be his daughter or his grand daughter.

Comment

Yeah i thought it was gonna be his granddaughter too. Thats my guess. Cant just be some random person. He seemed to shocked to see her for it to just be some new character we havent met u know?

Plus havent there been rumors Susan was coming back anyway?

Comment

I'm a bit confused, I just read that he had a granddaughter in the first season of the entire series...so does the doctor have another child (not the clone) or was there already a clone in the original run (so the one from David Tennant's season is a regenerated reintroduced version).

I only started watching the series 2yrs ago starting from the 9th Doctor binge watching it on Netflix (Here I though Matt Smith's seasons were complicated )

Comment

The Doctor's made some references to having been a father once, but we've never met them. Susan wasn't originally going to be his granddaughter, but the writer of the first story apparently felt it wasn't right for this old man to be traveling with an unrelated young girl, so they made her his granddaughter.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Did anyone see the prequel BBC officially put up for season 9?

Also just announced yesterday that beginning Wed, Sept 16th on BBC America will be Doctor Who Takeover Week! It will feature specials and episodes with Tennant, Smith, Capaldi and even Tom Baker! Season 8 overnight marathon on the 18th followed by the marathon again at 7am on the 19th which leads up to the season 9 premiere.

There is also a "Make Your Own Sunday" poll where results will be revealed on September 20th.

Takeover Week begins this Wednesday with episodes from seasons 2-7. Something called the Doctor's Finest airing of Deep Breath as well which is maybe the ep with commentary on the episode or something or maybe like when it was the favorite episodes from each Doctor like they did for the 50th?

Either way it all sounds amazing and i was wondering if theyd do something like a Takeover Week this time around. Fantastic!

Only sad thing is they wont be airing the Eccleston episodes. Anyone know why that is? Im not a huge fan of him but some of those episodes are pretty good. Maybe he wouldnt sign off on them?

Glad to hear theyre gonna show stuff having to do with Tom Baker though! Been awhile since those have aired and i hope this means we will see some of the older Classic Who episodes shown more often.
                              Last edited by Austin 3:16; 09-11-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎