Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11 "Continuity" Chapter 12 (11/14/14)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though the baby's first name is Johnathan, I could see them calling him James or Jimmy. After all "Jimmy" went by his middle name and not his first name even though this kid brothers names was Jimmy.So technically if Lois and Clark were to have a son they could still name him Johnathan.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
      Keep in mind that Jonathan was pretty much the series dad. With how often Chloe was over at Clark's house, she got really close to Clark's parents. So I thought that naming the baby Jonathan was fitting and sweet. Though I do still wonder what happened to Gabe. He just dropped out of the series and if they meant to imply that he was killed in that explosion at the end of season 3, wouldn't they have shown Chloe grieving or something?

I was actually a little shocked to realize that this was the last issue because I feel that there was a lot more story to tell. I can definitely see where Chloe fans felt shortchanged. I personally would like to see spinoff miniseries or even one-shots to expand on maybe Chloe and Ollie, Diana and Steve, whatever Dinah and AC are up to, etc. Maybe we will get some sort of special in a year or so.
      This. I would have enjoyed to see more miniseries showcasing the Smallville series before Continuity started.

I thought at least between Alien and Harbinger or Lantern and Chaos or Chaos and Continuity, they would have the original proto Justice League appear one time(Green Arrow Cyborg, Aquaman, Black Canary, with cameos from Clark Kent, Chloe Sullivan and Martian Manhunter) where they go on a mission pertaining to the crisis or involving someone like Marionette Ventures/proto Legion of Doom and discuss with their lives post finale (Aquaman becoming the King of Atlantis and slowly loosing need for his Arthur Curry identity, Cyborg becoming a Detroit or New York based hero building a Watchtower hub there, Black Canary working with Speedy out of Seattle or Platinum Dunes with Ollie pawing her off ) the events of season 11 (Bart "dying"/becoming one with the Speed Force leading to the creation of the Titans, Ollie ditching his leather hoodie and sunglasses for more Batman like armor, the upcoming threats of the Monitor and the crisis, Chloe upcoming pregnancy, Lex and his growing threat, new members like Batman, Wonder Woman, etc and their relationship with the original JL members and how the JL grew and became something bigger ever since Clark joined and became the leader inspiring them to protect the world and provide hope than what Ollie originally intended it to be,etc) and where they were for specific events throughout the seasons (VRA, Doomsday, Apokolips/Contact, Marionette Ventures, Justice Society meeting, etc) when they disbanded and rebanded or went into hiding throughout particularly season 8-10 and maybe have Bart reappear or hint at a Bart reappearing as the Flash showing his time in the Speed Force allowed him to evolve as a Speedster and a hero and began training at the Central City/Keystone City/Gemstone City Police Academy, focusing on forensics in his spare time trying to become part of the CSI unit so he could help people in a different way which shows his growth from street urchin thief with a heart of gold to more of a hero in his own right( maybe a mix of DCAU Wally, Barry and 2006 OYL Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Bart Allen) if not showing or hinting at Barry and/or Wally becoming the Flash but that's just wishful thinking.

I always disagreed with some Bryan Q Miller about his reasons why not to include Aquaman and Cyborg since there have been multiple stories that didn't particular have or need to involve Aquaman being around water in order to have interesting stories and it felt like BQM didn't like or think much Aquaman (JL/JLU, Peter David and 3 Smallville episodes showed this and Geoff Johns showed this plenty of times in comics ) and I know he and Cyborg should have been there or at least have a cameo or mention in Continuity since that was the last issue of Smallville. I also get it feels weird and awkward but there is a way to show Lee Thompson Young and pay respect to him like showing him their when the Justice League getting honors and the statue and pay tribute to Cyborg character as well.

Comment

The baby's name is the least of my frustrations! I get that it's a shout-out to Jonathan, but the events that transpired before it left me so darn . . .

At least not being able to use Ollie for awhile was mostly overcome!

Too bad the passion for Tess, Lois, and the others didn't spill over into passion for Chloe in this comic. Everyone got their moment except Chloe (having a baby isn't the kind of moment I'm talking about [women do that day in and day put]).

Yes, I am fully aware SV is about Clark and his journey. For ten years Chloe was very much a part of that journey and to not even bother having her do anything other then be Ollie's wife and mother of his child, much less leave her co Peter out of the dedication . . .

I've held onto SV through thick and thin. Thanks to this comic, I am letting it go!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolflmg
          Surprised they name the little tyke Johnathen. I would think that would be the name Clark and Lois would name their son. And that Chloe and Oliver would have went with, Connor, Roy or Robert.
          I disagree. Giving him one of those names would've made him an adaptation of Connor Hawke, Roy Harper or Robert Queen. Both Chloe and Oliver are white, so that would mean that they'd either whitewash Connor Hawke (1/4 Korean, 1/4 African American, 1/2 Caucasian) or Robert Queen (half-Japanese). And Roy is supposed to be his ward, not a biological son. By naming him Jonathan, they not only avoided a whitewashing controvery, but also ensured that the actual characters could exist in this universe. Oliver could've fathered two sons, prior to showing up on the show. And Roy Harper is someone, that Oliver takes under his wings in the future.

One could argue the name "Gabe", after Chloe's father. However, we didn't see him after season 4 and he wasn't at Chloe's first wedding. Assuming he's alive, his absense from the latter would suggest that he and Chloe aren't on the best terms, if even in contact at all. In such a scenario, Chloe wouldn't even consider naming her son after him. She may even have considered Jonathan Kent to be more of a parental figure, than her actual one. And Clark have deeply impacted both the lives of Chloe and Oliver, so naming their son after his adoptive father, is them showing Clark how important he's been to them. Jonathan Kent made Clark into the man that he is and Clark deeply influences the lives of both Chloe Sullivan and Oliver Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            I disagree. Giving him one of those names would've made him an adaptation of Connor Hawke, Roy Harper or Robert Queen. Both Chloe and Oliver are white, so that would mean that they'd either whitewash Connor Hawke (1/4 Korean, 1/4 African American, 1/2 Caucasian) or Robert Queen (half-Japanese). And Roy is supposed to be his ward, not a biological son. By naming him Jonathan, they not only avoided a whitewashing controvery, but also ensured that the actual characters could exist in this universe. Oliver could've fathered two sons, prior to showing up on the show. And Roy Harper is someone, that Oliver takes under his wings in the future.

One could argue the name "Gabe", after Chloe's father. However, we didn't see him after season 4 and he wasn't at Chloe's first wedding. Assuming he's alive, his absense from the latter would suggest that he and Chloe aren't on the best terms, if even in contact at all. In such a scenario, Chloe wouldn't even consider naming her son after him. She may even have considered Jonathan Kent to be more of a parental figure, than her actual one. And Clark have deeply impacted both the lives of Chloe and Oliver, so naming their son after his adoptive father, is them showing Clark how important he's been to them. Jonathan Kent made Clark into the man that he is and Clark deeply influences the lives of both Chloe Sullivan and Oliver Queen.
            Furthermore, in the late 70's, DC had Pete Ross have a son named Jonathan "Jon" Ross. So, the naming might've been a reference to that.

Comment

Unfortunately I missed it. I will find it one day. But I'm glad Smallville is on Hulu.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎