0 0%
  • 1 - Guilty of stinking

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Guilty?"

What did you think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved it I figured Roy didn't kill Sara it was just him remembering he killed the cop.

I also liked the boxing glove arrow, Ted Grant as a vigilante, seeing Tatsu again, and Amy Gumenick as Cupid at the end of the episode.

This episode had a lot of great moments but last week I felt was alot stronger. The moment when Roy turned to Oliver and asked him not to give up on him killed me though.

Forum Whiz
    I'd give it about an 8, but +2 for the Boxing Glove Arrow and Arsenal

This episode was awesome!!

-Finally got more Ted Grant! Been waiting for that and was not disappointed with him in this episode.
    -Laurel was actually written great this episode, something you don't see very often. And one of Katie Cassidy's better episodes. If Laurel continues to be written this good I may actually buy her as Black Canary.
    -Even though the "sidekick" parallel's between Ted/Isaac and Oliver/Roy were in a little in your face and a tad cliche, I still enjoyed it. And I also liked Roy telling Ollie not to abandon him. Great moment!
    -OMG OMG BOXING GLOVE ARROW!! THEY PULLED IT OFF AND IT TOTALLY WORKED!! I remember it was either one of the cast or producers that teased it this summer and they said that they were going to try the boxing glove. That moment made the whole episode!!
    -One little negative I have though is why does Tatsu hate Oliver so much? I wish they gave a reason for that.

I'm not sure yet if I give this episode a 10 out of 10 though I'm considering it. I definitely see myself watching it again!

-One little negative I have though is why does Tatsu hate Oliver so much? I wish they gave a reason for that.
    I guess it is because she is forced to have him live in their house. She doesn't trust him because the first time they met he was moving into the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Wilson View Post

Not sure why, but I wasn't really feeling this episode. Some good moments between Roy/Felicity and Laurel/Ted, but the rest was meh. Mostly because Oliver got on my nerves, constantly trying to control everyone's lives and then getting worked up about one murder by Ted. Uh, you do remember the body count you racked up in season one, right? Then finally, the end where he revealed to Roy that it wasn't he who killed Sara, but that it was the officer from last season. Like that was supposed to make everything okay? Oh, don't worry, it was just Random Extra you killed. He doesn't matter. Crap writing tonight, which I think is pretty unusual for this show. Hopefully next week improves.

On another site someone poited out that Cupid appeared twice befor the end of the episode. I have to see the episode again.

I missed her two cameos at the gym and walking behind Diggle's truck.

Posting Pro
    I enjoyed the episode. The parallels between Ted and Isaac with Oliver and Roy were rather obvious but those type of things have always been a part of the show from the start. They don't bother me. Anyhow I enjoyed the episode a lot. It's nice to see the bond that Oliver and Roy have. I'm wondering of is the one between Oliver and Diggle will have problems at some point. The actions scenes were good as usual. Also is it just me or is it like every one has forgotten that Oliver was a killer when he was wearing the hood. (Or is just not important to this current story?)

I'm starting to enjoy watching Laurel although I'm not ready for her to suit up as the Black Canary. That's something I hope they take their time with. I had a good chuckle at seeing the boxing glove arrow. Which the Hong Kong flashbacks are moving along slowly.

All in all it's a good episode.

My review (cross-posted):
    I was really enjoying this episode up until the last 15 minutes when the writers inexplicably wasted a story point that Marc Guggenheim had just barely 'muddied the waters' about less than 12 hours ago by revealing that Roy wasn't actually responsible for Sara's death and his recollections of having done so were just his brain mixing up his murder of a police officer.

Shoving my annoyance on that front aside, let's focus on the rest of the episode.

I really liked Ted Grant's backstory, and am hoping we'll get to see him put the Wildcat mask back on in the present. I also like the way his tragic past came to light, particularly since, up until the above-mentioned creative misstep, it directly paralleled and mirrored what was going on with Roy, which I thought was a nice narrative touch.

The Hong Kong flashbacks really don't seem to have a whole lot of overall narrative direction right now, but I did like the way that this week's flashback events did ultimately end up tying into the present-day events with the use of the 'memory candle', even if I didn't like the outcome of that particular plot point.

I get that Oliver means well, but he's really overstepping his boundaries where Laurel is concerned, particularly when it comes to her decision to have Ted train her. The only good thing that could potentially come out of his actions on that front in this episode is that it affords her an opportunity to prove to him beyond a shadow of a doubt that she doesn't need his help once she dons the Canary costume.

If it weren't for their creative misstep at the end of the episode, I would've enjoyed this one just as much, if not more, than I did last week's, but, as it stands, I'm giving this thing a 7.

Settling In
    Pretty good episode. Laurel's and Ted's storyline was well executed, as was Roy's repressed memory issue.

The only thing that slightly bothered me was the Cupid character at the very end. She seems a bit too cheesy for the tone of the series.

A bit better than last week's. At least it was less filler and some of the elements that ruined episode 3x5 were not evident here. That being said, you can't help but feel that they're constantly stalling after Sara's death. And maybe it's because they are waiting for everything to climax in the Arrow/Flash crossover and the subsequent mid season finale, but it certainly has made the start of the season a relatively slow one. And next week looks like being more of the same. At least Cupid looks hot...

The good:
    - Oliver and Laurel's scenes were probably among the highlights. In the proper context and well acted by both actors.
    - We got a backstory on Ted Grant.
    - Less Felicity.

The no so good:
    - The Sara mystery. They just keep recycling it at the moment. No signs of progress apart from ruling out a couple of suspects. Also, the thing about the arrows not being shot by a bow feels like a retcon. You can hear the snap of the bowstring when Sara gets murdered.
    - Something about Oliver being so touchy about Ted being a murderer just didn't feel right. Especially after his killing spree in season 1.
    - Quentin again has very little screentime.
    - No Thea and Malcolm.
    - The flashbacks, like the Sara murder case, are also progressing very slowly. Pains me to say, but Arrow has really gone backwards in that area (remember in seasons past we had Oliver hanging out with Yao Fei, Shado, Sara or Slade).
    - Another weak villain of the week. That's one of the problems with this season. I get they're taking their time with Ra's, but they could at least find better occasional bad guys. The ones we've gotten until now (Vertigo, Komodo, the rogue ARGUS agent, Felicity's old bf and now Ted's old protege) just didn't com across as threatening enough. No surprise that the best episode of the season until now was one where Malcolm was the main antagonist...

6/5/10. I was going with 6, but the boxing glove arrow earned it an extra half point.
    Last edited by costas22; 11-13-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast