Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of the Snow Queen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of the Snow Queen?

What did you think?
    10 - Chillingly good.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode needs to look at some Ice Flowers.
    0%

I liked the back story of the sisters . And what is this deal with Rumpel? The plot thickens.

And, ooh la la Robin and Regina.

Had no idea a 2-hour episode was coming next week- it's not even the mid-season finale.

Comment

My review (cross-posted):
      Excellent episode tonight that tied in a number of different story elements and character themes. We're definitely headed for some major craziness, and I can't wait.

I liked seeing Ingrid's history in full, but she ultimately caused her own fate, as her fear and paranoia became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Gerda only saw her as a monster because she saw herself as a monster.

I get why they went the route that they did with Emma tonight, but I'm not sure they needed to so blatantly rehash the same thematic issues that she dealt with in last season's "Lost Girl", especially since she's in a far different place now than she was then. I guess it's their way of reminding us that our demons and insecurities never truly go away, but there may have been other ways to do it that didn't feel so 'dejavu-ey'.

Ingrid might think she understands and knows what Rumple wants, but I'll bet my bottom dollar that she's mistaken.

Sean McGuire, Michael Socha, and Lana Parilla killed it tonight. It might not come across often, but there's a reason Robin is Regina's soulmate: they're very similar personality-wise, and they're both also similar, personality-wise, to Will. Sean had the two best 'light-hearted' moments of the episode, first when he threw the dart to stop Will from leaving, and second when he said "Today is not one of those days" and just started snogging Regina.

Speaking of Will, we're starting to get more hints as to what happened to him and Ana after they went back to Wonderland, and I get the feeling that he might be carrying a whole lot of guilt around over whatever happened to the two of them. I also get the feeling that, for the first time, he's genuinely feeling trapped.

I don't know who they got to play the Duke of Weselton, but kudos to them for casting somebody who not only was a dead-ringer physically, but was able to perfectly 'ape' Alan Tudyk's voice and character mannerisms.

I liked seeing Ashley again, but somebody wasn't paying attention to continuity when it comes to the gender of her baby.

A part of me wishes that Emma had actually gotten to babysit her brother, because I don't think the writers really "earned" Snow's reaction to Emma's magical freak-out to the degree that they needed to. I did like that Snow realized she screwed up in reacting to said freak-out (she included David, Hook, Elsa, Belle, and Rumple in said screw-up, but it was mostly her mistake), though.

I'm so stoaked for "Smash the Mirror" next week. Based just on the promo, it sounds like one heck of a doozy of an episode, and I can't wait to see what the fallout is for all of the characters, especially since there are still 3 more episodes to follow it.

Comment

alex is a shortened version of alexandria

Comment

I gave it a 7.

I love OutlawQueen, but I found their first scene last night to be a little too melodramatic for my taste.

As for the Snow Queen, thank God they've finally humanized her with a backstory. It was the first time I had sympathy for her since she was introduced.

My only gripe is that it will likely turn out that Anna did trap Elsa in the urn. Why else would the same thing happen in the Snow Queen's backstory (other than to mirror itself with another set of sisters later on?)

But, thank God they cleared up that remark Hook made in the previous episode about Emma looking exactly like Helga. I'm glad she turned out to be her own person.

I still find Snow Queen's plan for a new "family" to be a stretch, but whatever.

A good episode, but the storylines are still moving a bit too slow, which is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by dekabreak1000
            alex is a shortened version of alexandra
            I know. As far as effect goes, this continuity screw-up is fairly minor. I just pointed it out in my review because it was something that had been a topic of discussion in which I was involved during the past week.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Elizabeth Mitchell knocked this one out of the park. Loved both her flashback and present day scenes and how she masterfully manipulated Emma. Normally those feats are left to Rumple but what she did even impressed him.

They continued with their theme that villains aren't born, they are made. We see how things could have turned out for Elsa if she had killed Anna. The tragic events of Ingrid killing her sister sent her already weak mind further down the path of crazy and into the dark side. Now her goal is to set up Emma and Elsa to do something awful in hopes it will cause them to embrace their dark side and agree to join her.

I really want to know what she whispered into Rumple’s ear at the end of the episode prompting him to say “Not only can I do that but I will do that with great pleasure.” As of now, there are only two people I can think he would have great pleasure in killing or destroying and that would be Hook and Regina. I am guessing magic will be needed to break free of the dagger so I am leaning towards Regina.

Side Note: thought it was interesting that this is the second time we saw Thor's hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                I know. As far as effect goes, this continuity screw-up is fairly minor. I just pointed it out in my review because it was something that had been a topic of discussion in which I was involved during the past week.
                I can't recall exactly what Ashley said, but: I remember that she was showing/telling Emma how to hold Neal if he became fussy. "You just hold him like this," or something like that. I don't think she was referring to her child as "him," though.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                I am guessing magic will be needed to break free of the dagger so I am leaning towards Regina.
                I agree. She probably told him that he had to kill the person he chose to cast the Dark Curse to break free of the dagger, which sort of make sense. Maybe since she's still alive, her magic keeps his connection to the dagger intact?

But, would it really be Regina? After all, it was Snow White who had to recast the Curse (since Regina couldn't sacrifice the thing she loved most again) to prevent Zelena from taking their baby.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I can't recall exactly what Ashley said, but: I remember that she was showing/telling Emma how to hold Neal if he became fussy. "You just hold him like this," or something like that. I don't think she was referring to her child as "him," though.
                  The baby Ashley was holding was clearly dressed in boy clothing. Plus, we know it wasn't a second child because she (Ashley) referred to herself as a "first-time mother". Somebody messed up continuity-wise, but it's easily fixable if we see Ashley again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                    The baby Ashley was holding was clearly dressed in boy clothing. Plus, we know it wasn't a second child because she (Ashley) referred to herself as a "first-time mother". Somebody messed up continuity-wise, but it's easily fixable if we see Ashley again in the future.
                    Well could be explained by saying they only had boy clothes cause the only baby in storybrook was henry so the only baby clothes would of been for boys. Not sure if they have a baby gap in storybrook. But ya if anything they could of just screwed up. Or Emmas time travel screwed something up where Auroras fertility cycle got out of wack some how and started 5 second earlier which created an alternate egg which contianed boy dna instead of girl dna.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                      I agree. She probably told him that he had to kill the person he chose to cast the Dark Curse to break free of the dagger, which sort of make sense. Maybe since she's still alive, her magic keeps his connection to the dagger intact?

But, would it really be Regina? After all, it was Snow White who had to recast the Curse (since Regina couldn't sacrifice the thing she loved most again) to prevent Zelena from taking their baby.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                      Really have no good ideas why it would be Regina but wouldn't be surprised if it is her. Rumple and Regina have a unique relationship where they are sort of friends at times but and at the same time want to kill each other. In the beginning, Rumple made it sound like he had to accumulate enough magic in the hat to be free of the dagger so that is why I leaned towards Regina. But if he has anything to do with the curse, maybe he has to kill the person who broke it and this time around it was Regina.

But that being said, I could easily find reasons for it being Hook. So far, the Snow Queen arc has revolved around Emma. Emma is afraid of losing Hook and Rumple would get great pleasure out of killing Hook.

As you said, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                      Last edited by SteelyGal; 11-11-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎