Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who #8.12 "Death in Heaven" (Season/Series 8 Finale)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who #8.12 "Death in Heaven" (Season/Series 8 Finale)

Tomorrow night is the extended season/series 8 finale
    10 - That was Awesome!!!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - For Heaven's Sake, That was Awfu!!!
    0%

Why do i have a feeling we need kleenex for this one?!?

Comment

I'm torn. I kinda want to read spoilers once it's aired in the UK, but I'm also sure I'll want to be surprised.

Comment

That was absolutely fantastic! I loved every bit of it and the best part was someone who showed up to save the day. Very nice blast from the past and sweet and sad at the same time.

Oh and btw keep watching during the credits u wont b disappointed.

Comment

Man it was to depressing. Yea they won which it wasn't even the Doctor that did it. I get a few episodes each season that some on else does it but common this is the season finale to his show. We had Danny and the one scarf girl (Can't remember her name) die and I almost thought Kate was dead. Also Clara's gone... really writers and Gallifrey is still lost. It just seamed like a real depressing episode for me and one I probably not going to watch very often. That hardly happens with any of my shows... ever. I don't feel the season left on a good note.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
            Man it was to depressing. Yea they won which it wasn't even the Doctor that did it. I get a few episodes each season that some on else does it but common this is the season finale to his show. We had Danny and the one scarf girl (Can't remember her name) die and I almost thought Kate was dead. Also Clara's gone... really writers and Gallifrey is still lost. It just seamed like a real depressing episode for me and one I probably not going to watch very often. That hardly happens with any of my shows... ever. I don't feel the season left on a good note.
            Well, after not watching the entire season, I read a review of the finale, and thought it sounded good, so i watched about half the episodes. i have to say, peter capaldi was a better Doctor than i thought he'd be. The finale, though was probably the best. The romance between Clara and Danny didn't end the way i thought it would, (But I have a feeling the Christmas special will take care of that.)I never like it when the companion leaves, for whatever reason,and since we haven't heard anything from jenna coleman on the subject, i don't know why she has to. Things i didn't like;
            1) the Doctor's relationship with UNIT; he doesn't really like them, and I get that they don't trust him to be there when they need him, but this just reinforces my general distrust of fictional agencies like SHIELD and UNIT, and the way they operate. I wonder if the Doctor is still president of earth?
            2) the whole spiel about how the Doctor is a warrior, he turns his companions into armies, yadda yadda yadda, enough already. I seem to have heard it ad nauseum throughout the series, and I'm tired of it. Find a new Facet of the Doctor to explore, will ya? And his epiphany at the end about him being an idiot with a box, and a screwdriver- we had to go though all this gloom and doom of figuring out who this Doctor's supposed to be just for that?
            3) The whole Doctor/Master/Mistress relationship; I really never understand the point s/he is trying to make. Her schemes make sense only to her, but what was the point she was trying to prove? And while we're on the subject, how did she escape wherever the time lords went, because she had to have known something about that, or how else could she get time lord technology?
            One thing i would've liked to see; The Doctor addressing the CyberBrigadier by his full title, as he saluted him.
            I'm still not a fan of Steven Moffat and his grandiose ideas, but I may have to soften my stance on him a bit- at least until next season.
            Last edited by protege; 11-09-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Someone online said Gallifrey was destroyed and thats why The Doctor beat up the console.

*sigh*

Ok lets clear that up right here and right now. The Master did NOT destroy Gallifrey. What did she do? Uh she lied folks. She told him it was there but its still in an unknown location. Moffat even said hes gonna be looking for the planet still.

Comment

I really wanted to love this but even the finale couldn't save the underwhelming series. Capaldi & cast need better writers or writers with a fresh take and new ideas. It feels like the show is written on autopilot at this point.

Okay so the big reveal about Clara was not big at all, it was just her buying some time for herself. This is the second time she's pretended to be the Doctor and both were underwhelming, not living up to any potential.

Why did Kate have to drug the Doctor? The 11th always worked with UNIT even when they came in to the Ponds' house with guns.

Missy escaped right under the noses of two guards who didn't even check her hands or point their guns when she threatened to murder Ostgood (which she eventually did ). When she escaped the guards hardly reacted before getting zapped. Bad writing/direction.

The plane blows up and the Doctor survives though I guess he jumped out before hand. It's just shot weird like he got blown away. The following James Bond sequence wasn't that great either. When the TARDIS emerges above the clouds it's just shot and overall staged so flatly. These sort of scenes at the very least require some noticeable music. This season has been surprisingly dead in the musics department, it makes scenes feel awkward at times.

The ending improved the episode, most notably the Doctor's speech and the great amount of potential for the future...alas it was pretty much all tossed aside. Making Danny a zombie Cyberman would have been great, it's just what the character needed! How cool would it have been to see Danny flying in the TARDIS while tormenting about his existence?!
                Add to that, it would have been so interesting had Missy come along too, hand cuffs or not. Think of the character dynamics, two time lords flying the TARDIS, one good, one evil.

And perhaps the biggest misstep of all given what happened in the Day/Time of the Doctor...still no Gallifrey. It's like the homecoming is the next natural step on the Doctor's path but for story reasons (or budgetery) they don't go there. Disappointing.

Comment

I really loved series 8 and thought it contained the best writing we've ever seen in Doctor Who. You can't watch it for the science, or the logical faultless plot, because it wasn't that (it is a story about a time traveling police box) but you have to watch it for the characters. I though this series presented the most interesting character arcs for both the Doctor and for Clara that we have ever seen. I didn't always like the Doctor or Clara, but they were interesting, and messy, and flawed, and human. The acting from both Mr. Capaldi and Ms Coleman was top notch throughout. While I agree that Death in Heaven was a weaker episode than Dark Water, and there were some plot points that were questionable, as a whole I thought it was entertaining and I enjoyed it very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎