Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.2 "The Darkness Beneath"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that when he was saying his job title to Zed he said "I'm an exorcist, demonologist, and occasional dabbler in the dark arts."

Comment

This was slightly better than the pilot episode and tonight's episode greatly improved on the pacing issues which was a slight criticism of mine in the pilot.

In one episode you can see Zed is an improvement over Liv and the stuff they can and will do with her will make the show much better then had they carried on with Liv as the female lead.

Comment

I actually liked this episode. I am Welsh and actually used to go to a chalet near to St Asaph. As a fan of myths and legends I was aware of the Coblynau which are also known and Knockers, Bwca or Tommyknockers. With Matt Ryan being from South Wales I would have expected a church named St Fagan or St David's while St Asaph is in North Wales.
        I actually thought the episode was well done, think Zed will get better but is an improvement over Liv though I wouldn't mind seeing Liv again.

The effects of the Coblynau was cool, looks like a zombie but made out of mine materials. I liked how the husband got his revenge as a Coblynau. And bringing in the mystical aspects people think the Romani have.

Comment

The only nitpick I have is there isn't a Welsh village in South Western Pennsylvania. It would have made sense if it was a German, Polish, Czech, or Slovenian village because those are the most prominent nationalities in Western Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
            The only nitpick I have is there isn't a Welsh village in South Western Pennsylvania. It would have made sense if it was a German, Polish, Czech, or Slovenian village because those are the most prominent nationalities in Western Pennsylvania.
            Welsh are aka Quakers so you are wrong as there are Quakers in South Western Pennsylvania.

I am totally loving this show and last episode sealed my fate of watching this series until finale.
            I adore Constantine the character and the actor portraying him.
            Harold Perrineau playing Manny was casting genius imo.
            Zed is my favorite character so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricks
              Welsh are aka Quakers so you are wrong as there are Quakers in South Western Pennsylvania.

I am totally loving this show and last episode sealed my fate of watching this series until finale.
              I adore Constantine the character and the actor portraying him.
              Harold Perrineau playing Manny was casting genius imo.
              Zed is my favorite character so far.
              I said their wasn't a Welsh village I know there are Welsh people in Pennsylvania but I still think it would have made more sense to use a German village and something based off of German folklore because Germans make up the largest population in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Perhaps I do not see it as I am of Dutch descent so I only notice the Dutch everywhere in PA

But really it has no bearing for me (at least) for this show. I do not like to hold them to my standard of how I would do things bc I am not the one writing/producing/acting this show so i think it a bit unfair to put my unreal expectations on them. It makes it more enjoyable to just watch the show without all my preconceived notions on how it should go.

^^ Seems I feel the same about this show as I do Gotham - both great as long you do not have unreal expectations or preconceived notions on how they should be.

Did it really ruin the episode Halberdier by them not having a German Village in the episode? Just curious.
                lol

Comment

No it didn't ruin the episode I loved it. It was just a really minor thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎