Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Magician?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with costas22, the best episode this season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Malcolm was framed for Sara's death by Ra's Al Ghul. If you doubt it listen again to what Ra's had to say about Sara when Nyssa told him of her blood oath, basically Malcolm will pay but for dishonoring the League not for killing Sara who was never really one of the League.

I could've handled seeing Felicity in the base but it wasn't really needed, the guys handled things really well even if Oliver dissed Diggle a bit. I DID like that there wasn't a bunch of "Olicity" moments.

Roy had some really nice scenes this episode and it felt like he had a genuine purpose to be in the show even if he didn't succeed with the tasks he had.

I enjoyed how Oliver was able to explain why Diggle was stuck to cave duty for most of the episode.

Laurel, aside from not telling Quentin of Sara's death, was well played also. I like that she found out Nyssa gave Sara the jacket and the nod from Nyssa at the end to her wearing it.

Nyssa was simply kick butt, as I had expected. Even enjoyed Malcolm this episode.

Comment

Wow, this episode has got to be one of the best of the entire show! Wow, I can´t get over it! That ending gave me chills!

Wow, Nyssa! Can she please stay on the show 4ever! She´s freaking bad-ass, in my opinion, she is THE BEST female character on the show! Seriousely, the writers need to bring her back more often, maybe make her a reguler gueststar, or even give her, her own show...wow I think I have massive girl crush on Katrina Law..this woman deserves her own show

Like I said, this episode was a highlight. I give it a 10 out of 10!

Comment

Awesome episode. 10 out of 10.

Comment

Great episode. Really enjoyed seeing Nyssa, hope we see more of her this season. I loved when she punched Oliver although I expected Oliver to be rather angry with Nyssa for kidnapping his sister. I must say, except when it concerns his Mother, Oliver isn't very good at shouting at women . There are a few other things I didn't like as well.

How on Earth did no one recognise Malcolm Merlyn in that public area? The Undertaking was only two years ago. Was slightly ridiculous.

Also, why did Thea not even attempt to defend herself when Nyssa went after her? Roy was less than half-conscious so I doubt he would remember anything.

Another thing- Oliver claims that there are no secrets between him and Thea yet I can think of a rather big one he hasn't told her...

I also wonder why Amanda didn't trust Fyers to tell him the truth about the airline.
          Last edited by Quark; 10-30-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Loved it. Some people complaining about Malcom Merlin and Oliver Queen meeting in a crowded place and not being found out. Yes, the directors could have shot the whole scene with over coats with muffled voices in a dark crowded street, but then, how would the expressions and the acting of the characters show?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Nyssa's presence really injected many angles to the post-Sara situation re: the team. You could tell that Roy was uncomfortable with Ollie telling Nyssa that Thea is of Malcolm's blood. Nyssa has no qualms about killing -- but now Ollie does. In her eyes he is not prepared to make Sara's killer answer for the deed. S1 Ollie would have been side-by-side with Nyssa and finished off Malcolm regardless of his pleas. But S3 Ollie has rebuilt that part of his humanity that is willing to take one's word (in this case, Malcolm's -- he's probably telling the truth) without giving in to his darker impulses (which he had no choice but to test during the Hong Kong flashback).

Laurel's mindset seems to be at the S1 Ollie/the "Hood" stage. She sees a broken system and feels doing justice and seeking vengeance are the same. Enter Nyssa, whose own black and white code dictates that blood must answer with blood. Nyssa in Laurel's orbit could spawn some interesting story arcs for Laurel. Is Nyssa merely going to give Laurel some occasional lethal advice, which the non-killing, more seasoned Ollie will object to? Or, will Nyssa take the next step and take Laurel under her wing and actually contribute to her training, meaning Ollie will have to be more pro-active in dealing with Nyssa (and by extension, the LoA)? It could also mean Laurel could be caught between Nyssa's "kill at all costs" methods and what I'm presuming to be Ted's "fight when necessary but only if you have to" methods. Which philosophy she will embrace will likely be the real challenge for her.

It looks like Thea's now harbouring the secrets, instead of Ollie alone. How Malcolm warped her thinking could be the issue that could provoke Ollie into a life-or-death battle with Malcolm ... no-kill rule or not. Depends if Thea get seriously hurt while under Malcolm's thrall or if she is able to turn away from the darkness before it's too late.

While it's a fair point that no one in SC recognized the man who was thought dead showed up at a public plaza (the guy behind The Undertaking, anyone?), I think the scene was handled well. Out of dramatic necessity Malcolm and Ollie needed a face-to-face. And cinematically it looked great.

I'm not that surprised Ra's and the League are now Ollie's enemies. The moment Sara arrived in SC, it was borrowed time and not even Nyssa releasing Sara from her vow would be enough for Ra's or one of his followers to exact a price for Sara's desertion.

This should count among the strongest eps. this season.

Comment

Originally posted by agarsammy
                Loved it. Some people complaining about Malcom Merlin and Oliver Queen meeting in a crowded place and not being found out. Yes, the directors could have shot the whole scene with over coats with muffled voices in a dark crowded street, but then, how would the expressions and the acting of the characters show?
                It doesn't have to be one or the other. They could have found an isolated place that made more sense storyline and acting wise. Verdant, the roof of Merlyn Global, the place where Merlyn was medidating at, etc etc.

Comment

I loved this episode. Wow. Laurel seems to be following Helen's path. It seems to me we are seeing how Helena would have reacted to her Fiance's death, as we watch Laurel react to Sara's death.

Comment

Good EP. Liked finding Waller was Fyers' boss, finally!

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                      Oh, and anyone else wondering if Nyssa is wanting to try and twist Laurel into the League as a way of preserving Sara? Because that's the vibe I got off of her as she walked away after giving Laurel the fighting advice.
                      I don't believe Nyssa will twist Laurel into the LoA, but I do think she will train Laurel in some capacity. My SWAG is Ra's is 100% responsible for Sara's death and once Nyssa comes to that realization, she will attempt to make it up to Laurel by training her to be worthy of the jacket. Think of it -- both Nyssa and Laurel turn on their fathers. Laurel breaking her promise to Quentin about not using violence to exact justice; Nyssa breaks ties with her father for killing Sara. Lots of possibilities, which is exactly how the producers have been playing us for two seasons already.

Comment

I thought it was one of, if not the, best episodes of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowaddict22
                          I loved this episode. Wow. Laurel seems to be following Helen's path. It seems to me we are seeing how Helena would have reacted to her Fiance's death, as we watch Laurel react to Sara's death.
                          Hmm, that is an interesting point. Thanks for bringing that up, as it is interesting indeed to consider .

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun

Good EP. Liked finding Waller was Fyers' boss, finally!
                            Yeah, i guess we now know. It is funny to think back how much speculation went on about the lady in the red shoes.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎