No announcement yet.

Avengers: Infinty War Part 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
    Has anyone been thinking about the real [SPOILER]horror implications of Thanos successfully wiping half the universe out from existence at the end? Like for instance, Black Panther being one of the victims means that Okoye and Shuri have lost their king and brother respectively, again in consecutive movies, and Wakanda is without a king. Or Aunt May and Ned might've also been victims. Or worse, they weren't but now Aunt May has no idea where her nephew (who's dead now) is or what happened. Or that half of his classmates might've also died too[/SPOILER]
    Just got back from rewatching the film and I think [SPOILER]the situation is far worse, than Thanos simply wiping out half of mankind. In the post-credits scene, we see Nick and Maria almost get into a car accident, when the driver of another car vanishes. Seconds later, a pilot-less helicopter crashes into a building (likely killing or harming anyone inside). Thanos wiped out half of mankind. Then, in theory, half of everything in the air just lost their pilot. Causing them to crash. Killing the passangers and anyone the planes/helicopters hit (potentially taking out entire buildings, if that's where it crashes).

Half of all cars in the world, have just lost their driver. Causing countless traffic accidents. Some of the cars are bound to have been driven by a parent, with their kid(s) in the backseat. The parent turn to dust and the car drives into a lake, off a cliff or into a tree. Killing the kids.
    [/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Just got back from rewatching the film and I think [SPOILER]the situation is far worse, than Thanos simply wiping out half of mankind. In the post-credits scene, we see Nick and Maria almost get into a car accident, when the driver of another car vanishes. Seconds later, a pilot-less helicopter crashes into a building (likely killing or harming anyone inside). Thanos wiped out half of mankind. Then, in theory, half of everything in the air just lost their pilot. Causing them to crash. Killing the passangers and anyone the planes/helicopters hit (potentially taking out entire buildings, if that's where it crashes).

Half of all cars in the world, have just lost their driver. Causing countless traffic accidents. Some of the cars are bound to have been driven by a parent, with their kid(s) in the backseat. The parent turn to dust and the car drives into a lake, off a cliff or into a tree. Killing the kids.
      [/SPOILER]
      In addition to all of that, [SPOILER]a ton of surgeons, doctors, paramedics, first responders, firemen, etc all just got killed, probably in the middle of their jobs too, meaning a whole bunch of people in desperate need are thoroughly doomed. Also to drive the knife deeper, a lot of world leaders also died and some of their cabinets, so that's a bunch of empty roles and power vacuums coming into play, which means a bunch of countries are about to be thrown into chaos, made even worse when you consider military personnel also getting erased, leaving a bunch of holes in the defenses of nations. And a bunch of submarines probably trapped underwater because half of their crews are gone. I also hope no astronauts were in space or going into space right at that moment because someone there likely got erased too, worse if its a shuttle and the pilots just vanish and half of NASA command is also gone.

So basically another quarter of the planet is probably dead or going to die simply from the aftermath of the other stuff. Even worse is that half the world is now breathing in the remains of the other half since they're now ash, including people's families.

Also, in regards to Spider-man I read somewhere that Tom Holland completely improvised his lines in the scene when he was being erased at the end. That's even more hurtful

Yeah, the more you think about it the more horrific and depressing it gets.
      [/SPOILER]

Comment

Has anyone been thinking about the real [SPOILER]horror implications of Thanos successfully wiping half the universe out from existence at the end? Like for instance, Black Panther being one of the victims means that Okoye and Shuri have lost their king and brother respectively, again in consecutive movies, and Wakanda is without a king. Or Aunt May and Ned might've also been victims. Or worse, they weren't but now Aunt May has no idea where her nephew (who's dead now) is or what happened. Or that half of his classmates might've also died too[/SPOILER]
        The audience doesn't care because they know it will be reversed in Part 2.

Anyway, if WB/DC did something similar, everybody would be saying it is depressing. When WB/DC does it, it is "brilliant". Talk of double standard !

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
          The audience doesn't care because they know it will be reversed in Part 2.

Anyway, if WB/DC did something similar, everybody would be saying it is depressing. When WB/DC does it, it is "brilliant". Talk of double standard !
          But to what extent? [SPOILER]And more importantly, how many of the original Avengers are gonna die at the conclusion of this, because I'm certain there'll be another body count by the end of that movie and I didn't think it was mere coincidence that most of the survivors were the original group, minus Nick Fury. My money is still on Cap and Iron Man being the biggest casualties next year and the fact that Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr's contracts expire then helps that.

I think the announcement of sequels for Spider-man, Doctor Strange, GOTG and Black Panther probably took out some of the tension, moreso because they're already amazingly popular and even more if we see how much of the comics they followed.
          [/SPOILER]

Comment

But to what extent? [SPOILER]And more importantly, how many of the original Avengers are gonna die at the conclusion of this, because I'm certain there'll be another body count by the end of that movie and I didn't think it was mere coincidence that most of the survivors were the original group, minus Nick Fury. My money is still on Cap and Iron Man being the biggest casualties next year and the fact that Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr's contracts expire then helps that.

I think the announcement of sequels for Spider-man, Doctor Strange, GOTG and Black Panther probably took out some of the tension, moreso because they're already amazingly popular and even more if we see how much of the comics they followed.
            [/SPOILER]
            Currently, there is [SPOILER]no official announcement on a Doctor Strange sequel or a Black Panther sequel. Of course, with the massive box office BP made, it'll so get a sequel.[/SPOILER]

In regard to Avengers 4, [SPOILER]they've apparently cast an older actress to play Cassie Lang. So, it's possible, that while the Avengers manage to reverse the act of Thanos, there will be consequences. Like Scott's daughter suddenly being a teenager (meaning Scott has missed even more of her life). As for Peter, he could be restored, but they accidently split him into two (or pull a Peter Parker from an alternate timeline), causing there to be two Peter Parkers (though, no evil duplicate cliché) now. An issue that could be explored in the Spider-Man sequel (with the conclusion that one assumes the identity of Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider).[/SPOILER]

Comment

I don’t know if this was already brought up but....[SPOILER]Where was Valkyrie? Was she killed off screen? Is this something they’ll address in Avengers 4? There’s got to be scene prior to the very beginning of the movie to explain what happened before Thanos and the Black Order boarded the ship[/SPOILER]

Never mind. I found the answer. [SPOILER] Joe Russo was at a Q&A session at the University of Iowa when a student asked the question. Valkyrie apparently escaped with a bunch of other Asgardians in escape pods. Though take With a grain of salt/as rumor for now because the student posted Joe Russo’s response on Reddit[/SPOILER]
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-02-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about something. We know that Captain Marvel will feature [SPOILER]the Skrulls.[/SPOILER] Could it then be possible that [SPOILER]Avengers 4 will reveal some of the dead heroes (though, not all of them, as that would be too much) were actually Skrull infiltrators? Meaning the deaths in Infinity War won't actually be undone. Instead, some of them will be revealed to have been Skrulls, while the originals (Spider-Man, T'Challa and a few more) are still alive.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Worldwide it has now grossed: $1,606,829,103; making it the biggest movie of the year and the fifth biggest global release of all time.

Comment

And the biggest MCU movie. Surpassing the first Avengers in just 3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                      And the biggest MCU movie. Surpassing the first Avengers in just 3 weeks.
                      After 10 years of anticipation and buildup, there's no reason it shouldn't be the biggest MCU movie released.

Comment

• Avengers 4 concept art reveals some new looks for our heroes (since it’s a bit of a spoiler I’ll just link the image):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De7FDqDW4AIBGeD?format=jpg

Comment

• I finally watched it and I have to say this was the worst Avengers movie ever. I thought they had too many Marvel characters and [SPOILER]only to have the Hulk act scared to face Thanos was stupid[/SPOILER] I also did not like the ending at all. I hope the next one is better.

Comment

• Comment

• There's going to be plenty of cheering in the theaters when he straps on that shield...

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎