Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Panther (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking with Marvel.com at Comic-Con (via Collider), Lupita Nyong’o gave a brief synopsis of the film:

The story of this Black Panther — what I am allowed to say — is that Black Panther’s leadership has been threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.

Comment

Comment

Official Synopsis:
        "Black Panther” follows T’Challa who, after the events of “Captain America: Civil War,” returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.
        More details about the film at: Collider

Comment

Comment

Letitia Wright is playing Shuri, sister of T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman).

https://marvelstudiosnews.com/2017/0...black-panther/

Comment

Comment

Comment

And more images from the EW issue here: http://ew.com/movies/black-panther-n...asking-tchalla

Comment

Comment

Comment

Why did they have to culturally appropriate Wakanda and Black Panther? The musical track didn't fit at all to the trailer, it was like watching a chinese martial arts trailer with country/western music. Just because Black Panther is african doesn't mean african-american rap/hiphop is the fitting music. It's fitting to Luke Cage but not Black Panther.
                        Last edited by DoubleDevil; 10-16-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I kept wondering if I was watching the trailer for a Marvel movie. Not a single comedy line! It wa so refreshing. Hopefully the movie itself will also deviate from the usual Marvel norm.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                              I kept wondering if I was watching the trailer for a Marvel movie. Not a single comedy line! It wa so refreshing. Hopefully the movie itself will also deviate from the usual Marvel norm.
                              The visuals alone put it in the MCU; MCU films always look so clean and sharp...a bit too perfectly polished (at least in the films, Netflix is a whole other story).

And just wait for the next trailer, there’ll be jokes

Comment

Black Panther is a nationalist, he wants to keep people out of Wakanda to protect their vibranium and their technology which I don't hold against him. When I look at nationalists like the French (they are very devoted to protecting their language) they listen to french rap/hiphop. I live in Germany and here Turks listen to turkish music, Russians listen to russian music, Italians listen to italian music. All the Wakandans in the trailer speak with a very heavy accent and I'm sure their culture has its own type of music but instead african-american rap/hiphop is supposedly so much better that a very proud and nationalist society would drop their own culture to listen to Kayne West and 50cent? BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎