No announcement yet.

Black Panther (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Panther (2017)

Chadwick Boseman will play the title role.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 10-28-2014, 12:47 PM.

Awesome news. Hot art.

Comment

This should be real good!

I hope most of the film happens in Wakanda and the movie builds up it's history and technology and that we get to see places like The Necropolis - which is used as an HQ for Marvel's Illuminati. The possibilities are almost endless.

Seeing Shuri would be cool too.

Comment

Definitely the most exciting of the new franchises announced for me... can't wait to see Black Panther in action.

Comment

New release date: July 6, 2018

Comment

Its about time Black Panther gets his own movie!
            The only unfortunate thing is that Marvel Studios is forbidden to mention mutants. It would be cool to see his relationship with Storm, but the X-Men are off limits sadly
            Last edited by SuperheroFan87; 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

From CBR:

"Selma" director Ava DuVernay is reportedly in discussions to bring her talents to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though which film she would helm remains up in the air.

According to TheWrap, "Black Panther" is the film she and the studio are "most likely" in talks over, though nothing has been locked in and "Captain Marvel" is another possibility. At this time, Marvel is continuing to look at other directors for the project, and according to TheWrap's sources, the studio "is intent on hiring an African-American director for 'Black Panther' and a female filmmaker for 'Captain Marvel.'"
              If DuVernay and Marvel come to an agreement, she would be both the first African-American director to work with the studio, as well as the first female director.

Black Panther will make his MCU debut in 2016's "Captain America: Civil War" before headlining his own film in late-2017. The solo movie was announced last October as part of Marvel's Phase Three slate of movies, with Chadwick Boseman revealed as the African hero and king of Wakanda, T'Challa. Ernie Hudson has been rumored to be linked to the film as well, possibly in the role of T'Chaka, the Black Panther's father.

Comment

New release date: November 2, 2018 (source: CBR).
                Last edited by jon-el87; 10-09-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

The director will be Creed's Ryan Coogler.

Comment

According to THR, Lupita Nyong'o is in negotiations to play T'Challa's love interest.

Comment

He's 39. I was shocked when you said love interest because for some reason I thought she was really young, but she's 33.

Comment

After watching Civil War, I was surprised he was that old.

Comment

Interesting (to me) bit of trivia, both he and Bucky were on the original Law and Order series when they were younger. Chadwick played a really bad gang leader or something. Sebastian played an emotionally disturbed teenager who shot a bunch of people so his "Dad" wouldn't get fired from his job.

Comment

Please let there be FF cameos, please let there be FF cameos...

Work it out Marvel Studios & Fox, work it out!

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                              Please let there be FF cameos, please let there be FF cameos...
                              Would you settle for an actor from Fantastic Four (2015)? Michael B. Jordan's been cast in a currently unknown part.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎