Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Panther (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are putting way too much cultural importance on the music selection of a trailer; It's for the audience. It doesn't represent the music that the Wakandians would actually listen to. It's to hype up the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      You guys are putting way too much cultural importance on the music selection of a trailer; It's for the audience. It doesn't represent the music that the Wakandians would actually listen to. It's to hype up the movie.
      darkphoenix21, first I'm the only one it seems that's complaining about the musical selection. Second, if I have to read BS about the Ancient One being a white female and Danny Rand should be rewritten as an asian and the onslaught of other things the evil white man does then I will definately shine floodlights on their hypocrisy whenever I get a chance.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
            darkphoenix21, first I'm the only one it seems that's complaining about the musical selection. Second, if I have to read BS about the Ancient One being a white female and Danny Rand should be rewritten as an asian and the onslaught of other things the evil white man does then I will definately shine floodlights on their hypocrisy whenever I get a chance.
            while you do have a excellent point about how nationalists would want to listen to their own music and not American music...

I think the issue with this is way different than the logic that Danny Rand should be rewritten as an Asian, etc. It's apples and oranges.

You're saying that they didn't go the extra mile to put in African music and that they should had done this, because this was a story about an African nation and not an American one. That's something I can somewhat agree with.

Characters like Danny Rand on the other hand, came from an somewhat racist time where the mighty white empowerment fantasy was very prevalent. So that one is a completely different issue altogether. I'll say this about the Netflix show though... It seems as they're actually going out of their way to make Danny Rand such a unlikable bastard that part of you secretly side with the villains instead. Hell, I was rooting for Ward Meachum instead because he seemed like one of the few rational people left on that TV show.

Comment

Estimates are the movie will break Age of Ultron's four day opening by clearing a massive $216 mil!

Comment

It was AWESOME!!! It was a mix of James Bond, Game of Thrones and Star Wars rolled up into what is one of the best MCU films to date.

This was a self contained story that one could watch without needing to see anything else in the MCU.We already got Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther origin story in Civil War but, in this film we saw how a Prince would become a King.

What struck me about this film more than anything else was the vibrant color palett from the costumes to the world of Wakanda itself; it was a visually beautiful film.

The standouts of the film had to be the women. Lupita Nyong'o (Nakia), Danai Gurira (Okoye) and Angela Bassett (Queen Ramonda) but, especially Letitia Wright (Shuri) who stole the show, all commanded the screen.

Michael B. Jordan’s Killmonger was one of the better villains (only second to Loki) in the MCU. He was a fully fleshed out character unlike most of the villains before him.
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-18-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

This was simply a fantastic film, and like many other Marvel films I will be heading to the theater to see it a second time.

Also, I'm really glad Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) was actually written as a good villain with good reasoning for why he's doing things and not just another generic evil bad guy. Marvel Studios has always had a problem with making villains and I'm glad they got this one right.

Comment

Opening weekend gross (domestic): $235,000,000

Current worldwide gross: $419,600,000

For those interested. Justice League lifetime gross (domestic): $228,616,472

Comment

Current worldwide gross: $704,000,422

Comment

It's one of those occasions where I can't come up with too many words to analyze a film. It's simply terrific from start to finish. The MCU's quality has dipped in recent years (with slapstick humor taking center stage instead of drama and storytelling), but this is by far their best movie since Winter Soldier.

Ryan Coogler is going to become scary good in the coming years.

Comment

Current worldwide gross: $1,078,615,601

Domestically, it has grossed $562,015,601. Making it the second highest grossing superhero film in the U.S..

Comment

It’s also the first freshman standalone MCU film to make over $1B amongst the other records already shattered.

As well as being the first MCU film to stay at #1 domestically for 4 weeks straight.
                            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-11-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

It has a good chance of becoming the highest grossing MCU movie in the US (it needs just 60 million to surpass the Avengers). And it could end up being the 3rd highest grossing MCU movie worldwide (I don't think it will reach AoU's 1.4 billion mark). It deserves all the success it gets.

Also, although not too likely, it would be funny if Black Panther makes more money than The Last Jedi.
                              Last edited by costas22; 03-12-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Current worldwide gross: $1,237,316,236

Current domestic gross: $630,916,236

Domestically, the film has surpassed The Avengers at the box office.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎