Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IMG]https://vignette.*****.nocookie.net/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/f/f6/Brie_Larson_Guns_N%27_Roses_BTS_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180329192643[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://vignette.*****.nocookie.net/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/9/90/Brie_Larson_USAF_BTS_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180329192537[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://vignette.*****.nocookie.net/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/8/88/Lashana_Lynch_BTS_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180329192501[/IMG]

Comment

Ten images from the movie/behind-the-scenes.

We get a confirmation on Lashana Lynch's role. [SPOILER]She's Maria Rambeau, who, in the comics, is the mother of Monica Rambeau (Photon). I've seen a lot of theories that she'd be Monica, but I'm glad they went in this direction. If she had been Monica (with this being set in the 90's), they would've also had to have her get powers in Captain Marvel 1 or rob Monica of her superhero status (if she was a 20-something woman in the 90's, she'd be close to 50 now. So, she'd be in her 50's, by the time she'd become Photon in Captain Marvel 2). This way, they can have Carol know Monica, when the latter was a young girl, then reconnect when Monica's an old and getting powers in the sequel.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

[IMG]https://vignette.*****.nocookie.net/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/6/62/Captain_Marvel_Teaser_Poster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180918130127[/IMG]

Comment

I’m feeling the ‘90s nostalgia with the trailer. I’m glad it’s not the usual origin story. She seems to have forgotten her life on Earth (maybe a memory wipe or something) when she has to return and starts getting flashes of the life she had.

Comment

It's been a while since I read her original comic, but as I recall it, when she originally gained her powers she also developed multiple personalities: There was Carol Danvers, an ordinary woman, then there was Ms Marvel a Kree soldier with experiences of having attended military academy (or something) on Hala. So, this could indeed be a variation of that. She's been taken and experimented on by the Kree, giving Carol her powers, then they gave her false memories of being a Kree soldier, to ensure her loyalty and to get her to fight their wars. Then she starts having memory flashes of her real life.

Comment

The CGI used to de-age Jackson looks really good.

Comment

There is (literally) a small easter egg on the poster [SPOILER] Carol’s alien cat, Chewie (yes, named after that Chewie) is featured on the left side corner of the hangar door[/SPOILER]

Comment

Forgive me for this, but I'm actually not terribly familiar with Captain Marvel at all, as I am with other comic characters. So does anyone have any recommended reading material for me so I get a good idea of the character?

Comment

Had a look at the Infinity War post-credits scene and decided to put forward a minor theory.

[SPOILER]In the post-credits scene, Fury rushes off to activate the pager, after Hill's dusted. Everyone knows this. However, let's have a closer look at the details: at the start of the scene, Fury's in the driver's seat. Hill's in the passanger seat. The pager was in a bag, right behind Hill. Its position indicates that the bag belongs to Hill and not Fury. Why would Fury have Hill be in charge of the pager, rather than carrying it himself? Perhaps it wasn't ever with him? But, then why would Maria Hill have a pager to Carol Danvers? This is where my theory comes in: in this movie, we might learn that Maria Hill is the daughter of Carol Danvers (born before Carol was taken by the Kree). Meaning the film would then have a scene, where a young Maria is given the pager by Carol. In case, her daughter ever needs her.[/SPOILER]

Comment

[SPOILER]In the post-credits scene, Fury rushes off to activate the pager, after Hill's dusted. Everyone knows this. However, let's have a closer look at the details: at the start of the scene, Fury's in the driver's seat. Hill's in the passanger seat. The pager was in a bag, right behind Hill. Its position indicates that the bag belongs to Hill and not Fury. Why would Fury have Hill be in charge of the pager, rather than carrying it himself? Perhaps it wasn't ever with him? But, then why would Maria Hill have a pager to Carol Danvers? This is where my theory comes in: in this movie, we might learn that Maria Hill is the daughter of Carol Danvers (born before Carol was taken by the Kree). Meaning the film would then have a scene, where a young Maria is given the pager by Carol. In case, her daughter ever needs her.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

That’s stretching it. The backpack was clearly Nick’s because he knew he needed to get the pager. Though, it’s weird that the pager would be on top of the backpack instead of inside a pocket. If it was Maria’s backpack, it would’ve been easier for her to have put it on the opposite side in case she needed to grab something while Nick was driving than having it right behind her (and it’s easier to grab something for him too). Nick could have just as easily decided last minute he felt like driving to wherever they were going.

The other part of your theory could be something.[SPOILER] Those visions she’s having of a little girl could still be of Maria not of herself[/SPOILER]
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-20-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          The backpack was clearly Nick’s because he knew he needed to get the pager.
                          It wasn't a backpack. It was a black leather bag (possibly a woman's). Fury, no doubt, knew where the pager was. It may even have been why he made Hill the deputy director of SHIELD. Why he picked Hill (played by a 29-year-old* actress in the Avengers) was brought into question in season one of Agents of SHIELD.

Grant Ward: "A lot of us lost respect for Fury when he picked you as his second. If he wanted eye-candy around, he could have at least picked Romanoff."

The pager being in her possession would be the answer to why he picked Maria Hill as his second. He wanted to keep it close to him. Furthermore, by putting her in such a high-ranking position, Fury ensured that she'd know if she'd ever need to activate the pager.

* Due to the film being shot in 2011.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡