No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Feige confirms that the film is an origin story:

I think Benedict [Cumberbatch] is one of those ways. Benedict is an amazing actor and totally different than Hemsworth and totally different from Downey. And, we want to stay true to who he was in the books. The metamorphosis of what he goes through is more drastic than Tony [Stark] and that was fun to chart. I guess Panther isn’t really an origin story since we saw him already in Civil War, but his stand alone certainly introduces you to 99% of his world which you never saw before. And Captain Marvel is certainly an origin story from the start.
    http://screencrush.com/captain-marve...-whoa-shocker/

Comment

I have been meaning to post on this thread. Brie Larson is a fantastic actress, good choice on the casting, but then I don't think Marvel ever gets casting wrong, as I see it!

I don't know as much about Captain Marvel but I did some quick reading on her, I see they're going with the latest version of her. Sounds pretty cool, I am glad they're doing an origin story on her. I think that's a good approach because I feel she is a little of the "lesser known" Marvel characters.

Comment

From CBR:

Last night, reports began to circulate that Marvel Studios had found a director for “Captain Marvel” after “Ant-Man” director Peyton Reed let the news slip during the Marvel Studios tour for the press earlier this week. Now, thanks to a report Wednesday from Variety, observers know the studio has, in fact, selected the director — or in this case, directors — for the film.

According to the outlet, Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have been brought aboard to direct “Captain Marvel” for the studio. Marvel Studios was not available for comment on Variety’s report.

Fans that have been eagerly following any and all news regarding Marvel’s first female-led film will note that Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck were not part of the rumored shortlist that hit last year. That list had previously reported that Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafaria were in contention for the gig. With Boden and Fleck having now reportedly on board the project, it’s clear that the studio ended up ultimately going in a different direction.

Per Variety, Marvel Studios met with the directing duo — who have directed films such as “Mississippi Grind” — multiple times and were continually impressed by what they wanted to do with the character.

Boden and Fleck are best known for their work on “It’s Kind of a Funny Story,” “Mississippi Grind,” and television shows including “Billions” and “The Affair.”

Comment

Don't know much about Brie, so not exactly excited for this, but we'll see. Saw her in the King Kong movie and she was meh.

Comment

It is now confirmed that Samuel L. Jackson will be in the film but, the more interesting part about that is the film itself takes place before the other MCU films, even before Iron Man, in the 1990s. Also revealed today were the villains of the film, The Skrulls, a green-skinned extraterrestrial humanoid race that has created a vast interstellar empire.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/captain-...rn-1202124578/

Comment

The film will be shot in California

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40...-in-california

Comment

Finally, a woman gets to bash in a few Skrulls.

Comment

From CBR:

Variety reports Law will star as Mar-Vell (Doctor Walter Lawson), who is described as “a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87

Well it’s supposed to be set in the 90s so, if you remember the era (we all have those embarrassing pics ) the fashion sense was a bit questionable

Comment

Gemma Chan has been cast as Minn-Erva.

Comment

From CBR:

In a press release announcing the start of production on Captain Marvel, Marvel Studios has confirmed a few cast members that were previously only speculated about by fans: [SPOILER]Clark Gregg, the beloved Agent Phil Coulson from the earliest Marvel Cinematic Universe films and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., along with Djimon Hounsou and Lee Pace, who both previously appeared in 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy.[/SPOILER]

The announcement also contains the name of a few more previously unannounced cast members whose roles are less easy to figure out: Algenis Perez Soto, who starred in 2008’s Sugar; Rune Temte, who appeared in 2016’s Eddie the Eagle; and McKenna Grace, seen last year as the young Tonya Harding in I, Tonya.
                          Suspected [SPOILER]Coulson[/SPOILER] would show up. It'll probably turn out that [SPOILER]his Captain America trading cards were originally her's. When she, presumably, vanishes, he keeps the cards and goes out of his way to complete the collection. As a means to honor her memory.[/SPOILER]
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 03-26-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Maybe I remember wrong, but wasn't Samuel Jackson also supposed to appear in Captain Marvel? That's still the case, right? Because apparently he is not in Infinity War.

Don't follow Agents of Shield, so I don't know any details of [SPOILER]Coulson's resurrestion. Can't say I'm shocked to see him back in the MCU though. On the other hand, I didn't expect to see Ronan back. Thought he was gone for good.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                              [SPOILER]On the other hand, I didn't expect to see Ronan back. Thought he was gone for good.[/SPOILER]
                              This film is set in the 90's. Hence why he (and [SPOILER]Coulson[/SPOILER]) is able to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                                This film is set in the 90's. Hence why he (and [SPOILER]Coulson[/SPOILER]) is able to show up.
                                Ah ok, didn't know that. Thanks. That does explain the casting for this film.

This also raised an interesting question. What kind of time jump, if any, will there be between Infinity War and Avengers 4? There are only 2 MCU movies between the 2 Avengers movies: Captain Marvel (which is set in the 90s) and Ant Man and the Wasp (which I think is set right after Civil War). So for all we know, Avengers 4 might pick up right where Infinity War left.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎