No announcement yet.

Krypton (Syfy) - Original KSiteTV/KryptonSite Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halberdier17
    They could pull a Smallville and have Kryptonians able to travel between Earth and Krypton.

Do hope they have some form of space travel so we can see Oa, Rann, and Thanagar.

Man of Steel had it where Kryptonians used to explore space and the Prequel Comic mentioned Thanagarians.
    They'd have the budget to go to those places?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      They'd have the budget to go to those places?
      Maybe not but it would be nice if it was possible.

Comment

Since we know it stars Kal El's grand father is he going to go by his golden age name of Jor El I or is he going by his current name of Seyg-El he was named after Jerry Siegel the co-creator of Superman.

Comment

Get the latest on Syfy's Krypton series from executive producer David S. Goyer, which will delve into the characters and society of Superman's home planet.

David S. Goyer confirmed it is still in development. It will take place 200 years before the events of Man of Steel.

So this is the only series that is confirmed to exist in the DCEU.

Comment

They're near ordering a pilot. I still don't get it.

Syfy is nearing an order for a pilot based on Superman's home planet Krypton.

Comment

Not remotely interested in this. I mean it's just a "Gotham"esque series without Superman set in his home world; where I assume they don't even have powers. It be like a Star Trek series if this race existed in that universe.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-21-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It's still interesting for fans of the DC Films universe since this is the earliest point in that universe taking place 200 years before Man of Steel.

I love that universe and loved the version of Krypton that was in Man of Steel so I want to see more of it.

Comment

Deadline is reporting that it got a pilot order.

The showrunner for Peaky Blinders is directing the pilot.

Comment

I'm sure they do have a pilot order, but Deadline didn't say they got it aside from the headline. The article itself said the same thing I did, "they're close to..."

Normally I wouldn't pick at that, but I'd prefer to avoid giving Deadline the traffic when they're offering nothing new to the discussion.

Comment

When it was first reported that this might become a series, I thought it sounded awful, but I like the idea of a family trying to restore honor to its name.

If it was any other network besides SyFy, I'd be more hopeful about the project succeeding, but—as a network—they've proven that they cancel shows after a certain point (or number of episodes) or pull the plug before a show can find its footing and really build an audience.

Comment

Yeah I think Syfy ends series in their 5th Season usually. Unless it is reality shows like Face-Off or Stargate SG-1; with Stargate it aired for 5 Seasons on Showtime then 5 Seasons on Syfy.

Comment

The pilot is ordered! I'm still lukewarm.

Comment

Good that it got an order hopefully they pick it up to series.

Comment

Meet the Cast of Characters:

SEG-EL | Envisioned here as athletic, quietly confident and in his 20s, comic fans are familiar with an older (and a bit grumpier) Seg from his appearance in the classic Starman No. 51, written by James Robinson with story by Robinson and David S. Goyer, who is executive producer/writer of Krypton. But Seg’s a good guy at any age; in the comics, he and son Jor-El (Kal-El/Superman’s father) helped Starman get away while other Kryptonians wanted to detain – and dissect – the Earthling.

LYTA ZOD | This twentysomething beauty will likely have some familial tie to Superman’s future foe, General Zod, while she herself is a (reluctant) warrior.

VAL-EL | Seg’s genius grandpa defied death by going into the Phantom Zone, and is a staunch believer in space exploration. (We know that’s a lesson he’ll pass along to his great-grandson.)

Other characters include:

ALURA ZOD | Lyta’s mom happens to bear the same name as Kara Zor-El’s mother on Supergirl, while “Zod” always raises an eyebrow because of that whole “kneel before” thing.

DEV-EM | If anyone is going to survive Krypton’s inevitable fate, it’ll be this chiseled, twentysomething bad boy. In the comics, Dev escapes the doomed planet, abuses Superboy on Earth and eventually becomes an ally of the Legion of Super-Heroes… in the 30th century.

TER-EL | AKA Seg’s father. We didn’t get him to play Supergirl’s Man of Steel, but maybe Tom Welling (Smallville) could play Clark’s great-grandfather on Krypton?

http://tvline.com/2016/06/21/krypton...g-el-season-1/
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Still trying to figure out why this exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎