Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11 "Continuity" Chapter 9 (10/24/14)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Season 11 "Continuity" Chapter 9 (10/24/14)

Supes inner strength overcomes the deconstructors.

Nice flashbacks all the way to Pilot.

So the Monitors are giving up?

What'd you think?
    10 - Back from the Brink!!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Sleepy
    0%

Originally posted by skully
    Supes inner strength overcomes the deconstructors.

Nice flashbacks all the way to Pilot.

So the Monitors are giving up?

What'd you think?
    Yeah, that was awesome.

I agreed. Was the computer screen referencing the death of Principal Kwan in "Crush"?

It seems like they are, but maybe they are just going to throw another curve ball. I figured one way or another, the monster from the last chapter would be undone by his own actions. They do have three chapters to tie things up. But I don't imagine it will just them reminiscing.

I liked the chapter. I really hope the last few chapters don't disappoint. Still holding on hope for Lex to get back his memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
      Was the computer screen referencing the death of Principal Kwan in "Crush"?
      It was from the scene after the 1989 meteor shower flashback opening teaser of Pilot. "Today" Clark is speed reading news articles on the computer screen. The first article he reads is one titled "Records Galore! Record breaking teen becomes the fastest man alive." Then the next is one shown in today's comic issue. "Six-year old Korean boy lifts car off injured father."

Comment

Was the computer screen referencing the death of Principal Kwan in "Crush"?
        That's what it looked like to me.

Loved the Clark flashbacks. And Otis' appeal to Lex' good side. It does seem like the monitors gave up a little quickly, but from their reaction, this is the first time they've seen anyone not only stop their deconstruction but throw it back in their faces. They seem a little too relaxed about it.

Wondering how the Titans and the Legion folks are faring in Smallville....

Comment

woow amazing issue the action outstanding is it next fri. yet 10/10 smallville s11 rocks

Comment

Originally posted by skully
            It was from the scene after the 1989 meteor shower flashback opening teaser of Pilot. "Today" Clark is speed reading news articles on the computer screen. The first article he reads is one titled "Records Galore! Record breaking teen becomes the fastest man alive." Then the next is one shown in today's comic issue. "Six-year old Korean boy lifts car off injured father."
            Oh okay. It's been awhile since I have seen the Pilot. Record breaking tean becomes fastest man alive huh. I'm guessing that is supposed to be a reference to the Flash? Not sure if it would be Bart Allen, as I know he is younger than Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
              That's what it looked like to me.

Loved the Clark flashbacks. And Otis' appeal to Lex' good side. It does seem like the monitors gave up a little quickly, but from their reaction, this is the first time they've seen anyone not only stop their deconstruction but throw it back in their faces. They seem a little too relaxed about it.

Wondering how the Titans and the Legion folks are faring in Smallville....
              Knowing Lex, even if he helps out, it will yet again be only for a brief period or for his own purposes/ulterior motives.

Yeah it seems so. I do think they were a little too relaxed about it too. Is it possible their intent is to try to take a few people with them? It looked like they were about to be enveloped by their own deconstructors. But maybe I am misreading it.

Comment

Oh okay. It's been awhile since I have seen the Pilot. Record breaking tean becomes fastest man alive huh. I'm guessing that is supposed to be a reference to the Flash? Not sure if it would be Bart Allen, as I know he is younger than Clark.
                Don't think it was intended to reference the Flash (beyond the term "fastest man alive"). It merely refers to a record set by a regular human (as superhumans aren't yet known to the public). The scene shows us Clark actively trying to find out if there is anyone else out there, like him (as he wasn't yet aware of his alien origin).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                  Don't think it was intended to reference the Flash (beyond the term "fastest man alive"). It merely refers to a record set by a regular human (as superhumans aren't yet known to the public). The scene shows us Clark actively trying to find out if there is anyone else out there, like him (as he wasn't yet aware of his alien origin).
                  Yeah that makes sense. Right. On a side note, Bart Allen I believe was the first metahuman that he encountered that wasn't a meteor freak.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. Right. On a side note, Bart Allen I believe was the first metahuman that he encountered that wasn't a meteor freak.
                    No, there were at least two before him. First you have Ryan (whose telepathy was caused by a brain tumor) and then you have the girl in Redux (whose origin remains unknown. However, she's clearly not a meteor freak as Chloe traced her back to the 1920's. So, her powers pre-date the 1989 meteor shower). Of course, the writers failed to remember these two, when they introduced Bart, so they had Clark state "I've never met anyone with powers like yours, that weren't from around here."

Comment

This issue was - problematic - for me.

Season 11 has been, imo, pretty much perfect. It's my favorite version of the DC Universe ever, with my favorite versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Batman and 'Nightwing', etc. Love it all.

But there have been two problems, and they've both involved the Lanterns. First there was the Lantern story, which came out of nowhere and felt almost out of continuity it was so random and so big and so quickly forgotten. Nothing preceded it naturally, and nothing came from it naturally. It was stuck in randomly just to get the Lanterns into the series - it didn't fit the story at all. It felt like an Elseworlds. The world's foremost hero, who's spent all these years talking about and being told about his destiny as Superman and being this great hero and being the world's champion, just randomly and casually becomes Green Lantern and has his whole destiny reimagined - and he totally just goes with it? And it's not an earth-shaking big deal? So that was lame.

And now we have this Barbara Gordon development, which unless Miller changes it, really sucks. He randomly decides to ruin, for no good reason, a perfect partnership and a perfect hero relationship. Cause it's got to be ruined, if she's got the ring. She can't be his partner/sidekick, or fight crime in Gotham, or stay in Gotham, or any of it. It's just really stupid and I hope she loses or gives up the ring.

Speaking of which, that's a plot hole - to the extent there was any outcome to the whole dumb first Lantern plot, it was that Stewart and the remaining Corps members agreed to no longer have the rings force people into serving. So we get our first view of a ring after that, and... hey whattaya know, there it is forcing Nightwing into serving. It certainly didn't ask her permission.

Assuming everyone survives the series and the world goes back to 'normal', I'll be very disappointed if she's into the Lanterns and Batman loses her. It'd be a real shame. We want to be able to imagine these characters and this world ending up 'happily ever after', and this prevents that. Really bad decision.

Comment

Still holding on hope for Lex to get back his memories.

I don't see how this could work. Lex even without his memories is almost immediately a horrible threat not only to Superman but to the world. If he gets his memories back the story ends, one way or another. He'll either kill Superman, or Superman will have to kill him. In the process, Lex is very likely to reveal who Superman is, what his weakness is, etc.

There's no way to do that, in-story, w/o it breaking the story. Smallville took it too far in building their own mythology. It worked - for a Smallville-only mythology - but once, in the rebooted/retooled seasons 8-9-10, it became clear that Smallville now wanted to step out of its own mythology and build a wider DC universe, closer to the iconic one, there was no way for Lex with all his memories to work. If he's to live at all, and the story's to work, he can't know what he knew when he died. His memories were wiped in-story for a very good reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎