Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    I could see tone being the reason why. I wouldnt b surprised if we do get to see some clips soon though.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/30...alflow_twitter

Shannon Purser (Barb from Stranger Things) has been cast as Ethel Muggs.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/riverdal...es-1201810705/

Robin Givens is playing Mayor Sierra McCoy.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I found this on YouTube. It doesn't look like an 'official' trailer but it's footage and it's something...

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    The footage is legit so I agree, it is something. Probably from an international press site.

Ah. Well, it's good to see the 'look' of the show at last, even briefly.

Loving the footage ty! I will definitely give this series a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    Loving the footage ty! I will definitely give this series a chance.
    You're welcome, Austin! And yeah, I pretty much knew I'd at least watch the first episode based off the description but this little bit of footage helped cement said decision to watch. Especially the Cole Sprouse (Jughead) footage.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    I don't see anything in the footage that makes it differ from any other "teen angst" series; though to be fair I'm past that part of my life that these teen dramas don't really interest me anymore unless it's less angst or there is a twist on it. Smallville was that to me and it had the Superman mythology and cause I was the same age as they were supposed to be in the series too.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-04-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    I don't see anything in the footage that makes it differ from any other "teen angst" series; though to be fair I'm past that part of my life that these teen dramas don't really interest me anymore unless it's less angst or there is a twist on it. Smallville was that to me and it had the Superman mythology and cause I was the same age as they were supposed to be in the series too.
    I was the same age as the characters in Smallville but I didn't watch it until after Arrow premiered.

I mainly watched shows like American Chopper and other series like that when I was a teenager.

I was almost the same age as the characters in Buffy so i know what u mean. They graduated on the show the year after me so i felt a connection for being almost same age so i definitely know what u mean.

I think for Riverdale it attracts me because i read the Archie comics all the time as a kid and also i loved Sabrina The Teenage Witch when it aired. Just fun stories and i could relax and have fun reading and watching the shows. Smallville was the same thing. Loved the comics and also shows like Lois & Clark, The Adventures Of Superboy and Superman: TAS.

I think if they do this right Riverdale could be the best mix of shows like Smallville, Supernatural and Buffy The Vampire Slayer with Dawson's Creek mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    I don't see anything in the footage that makes it differ from any other "teen angst" series
    Well, based on reviews I've read and the little bit of press release stuff, I think Riverdale is going to be a mix of teen drama and murder mystery. I've heard the show described as "Dawson's Creek meets Twin Peaks". There will be this mystery/noir-ish undercurrent, I read, as the gang tries to solve the mystery of [SPOILER]the death of Jason Blossom, Cheryl Blossom's brother[/SPOILER].

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Yeah, what welling_is_pretty says. Also, Riverdale is DARK. Again with the weird tone. The first minutes look like nothing you'd ever see in Archie Comics, aside from maybe Afterlife with Archie.

Well, the show has been given an official premiere date--Thursday Jan. 26th at 9/8 Central. Which means Supernatural will be moving an hour ahead and be it's lead in?

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Well, the show has been given an official premiere date--Thursday Jan. 26th at 9/8 Central. Which means Supernatural will be moving an hour ahead and be it's lead in?
    That looks to be the plan from what ive seen. Also the first trailer has been released and doesnt look bad at all. Im really hoping the show does well.

CW put up a 47 second trailer on their YouTube page.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast