Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Corto Maltese?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode very much, maybe except for usuall nonsense stuff like making bow using some random objects from the hotel room (srsly, it would be more funny and probable if Oliver just bought some bows for children on the market place) and that boiling water thing. Yes, it's a way of showing how daddy Merlyn training looks like and how Thea is changed, but well, I guess thinking doesn't stop skin burns from showing on the skin. I would prefer rather to not test it at home.

But overeall I really enjoyed the episode. I love the relationship between Thea and Oliver and I really hope the creators are not going to take away from him the last living member of his family. The name Thea was using - Mia, is an interesting nod to the comic universum. Also, for the time being Oliver is not aware Thea was with Merlyn during all this time. Seems they both have secrets now. I hope they are going to share more scenes together - in this episode I particulary liked the one, when Oliver unfolds a piece of truth about Robert's death.

I thought that Ted Grant was going to be a bit older, but it seems that in Arrow universum he is roughly in Laurel's age. I think that Oliver's refusal to train Laurel is going to draw her closer to Ted. I was suprised that she took so heavy beating when she attacked that guy. What had happened with all that self-defence stuff? Well, perhaps, because she was not thinking straight, she was catched off guard, when he struck back.

Seems that Felicity has some life outside Arrowcave finally. However, she should be more careful when Ray is listening to her phone conversation. I guess he is hiding something. Also, those documents with weapons projects he was browsing were the stuff Felicity recovered from that harddisk? I wonder if he is going to use Queen Consolidated to produce weapon.

Recently they were showing so many happy Diggle family scenes that sooner or later something bad must happen. I wonder if Lyla is going to survive till the end of the season - especially that they put here or there mentions and scenes cleary showing how ruthless Amada Waller can be.

The ending with Nyssa was surprising. Looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
      I liked the episode very much, maybe except for usuall nonsense stuff like making bow using some random objects from the hotel room (srsly, it would be more funny and probable if Oliver just bought some bows for children on the market place) and that boiling water thing. Yes, it's a way of showing how daddy Merlyn training looks like and how Thea is changed, but well, I guess thinking doesn't stop skin burns from showing on the skin. I would prefer rather to not test it at home.
      Seeing how much emphasis Stephen Amell put on the guidance with archery they had on the show I agree with the absolute silliness of the bows and arrows made from things he scavaged from the hotel room. Add to it that Roy is just picking up the bow and is still a marksman with his very first shot? Sorry, he needs to get a feel for it first to find the bows sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
        I love the JLA, but why are they relevant to whats happening in TV Arrow? I'm not sure if what Superman or Batman would think of them really matters inside the world of TV Arrow.
        This was just the comic book fan in me putting another perspective/spin on whether Laurel, Sara and even Ollie are "League"-ready -- right now, so soon after the S3 premiere. In the online realm at least, the impression left with me is that some viewers may think the Arrow is either already ready to do so or is well on his way. Same with Sara's Canary. I think it's still premature to declare anyone a definitive superhero with barely two seasons into their stories.

None of them are ready, including the lead, and I don't expect them to be yet ... but if the endgame is that we'll get at least a half-decent CW version of GA and BC by series' end, it's undoubtedly a question that would come up. Has hero A or B grown by series' end to be someone that is "worthy" (a very broad and loaded term, I know) to stand with the JL? Considering their legacy in the JL (and in some versions of the JL, BC is a founding member) it'll be something that we could only really answer in hindsight once a series finale has aired and gone.

I don't want even a whiff on the JLA (or even too many DC shout-outs) on the series at this point. SV got carried away with stacking the roster with cameos and its effects weren't always positive. Any cameos should enhance the lead superhero; it sometimes had the opposite effect re: Clark, especially when they made Clark appear as lagging behind.

Of course, if we are talking about SV Clark as Superman -- maybe Arrow should be the one making judgment calls on his League worthiness:

Clark: I'm Superman. Called dibs on being the boss when you were still stuck on that island. That means you do what I say, "Arrow". Anyway, we already have a Green Arrow. That reminds me, I'm supposed to help him and Chloe paint their new condo this Saturday.

Ollie: Hold on, there. Granted, you did have ten seasons. A pretty good run. But during one of those seasons, you battled a sorority full of vampires, dressed as -wait for it- Zorro. Tell you what, I'll call Martian Manhunter and Batman. Run it by them -- maybe we can run this new league by committee, rotating chair every six months. Share the responsibilities. Whaddya think?

Clark: Hoisted upon the flagpole of shame by my own Zorro costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice

But overeall I really enjoyed the episode. I love the relationship between Thea and Oliver and I really hope the creators are not going to take away from him the last living member of his family. The name Thea was using - Mia, is an interesting nod to the comic universum. Also, for the time being Oliver is not aware Thea was with Merlyn during all this time. Seems they both have secrets now. I hope they are going to share more scenes together - in this episode I particulary liked the one, when Oliver unfolds a piece of truth about Robert's death.

I thought that Ted Grant was going to be a bit older, but it seems that in Arrow universum he is roughly in Laurel's age. I think that Oliver's refusal to train Laurel is going to draw her closer to Ted. I was suprised that she took so heavy beating when she attacked that guy. What had happened with all that self-defence stuff? Well, perhaps, because she was not thinking straight, she was catched off guard, when he struck back.

Seems that Felicity has some life outside Arrowcave finally. However, she should be more careful when Ray is listening to her phone conversation. I guess he is hiding something. Also, those documents with weapons projects he was browsing were the stuff Felicity recovered from that harddisk? I wonder if he is going to use Queen Consolidated to produce weapon.

Recently they were showing so many happy Diggle family scenes that sooner or later something bad must happen. I wonder if Lyla is going to survive till the end of the season - especially that they put here or there mentions and scenes cleary showing how ruthless Amada Waller can be.

The ending with Nyssa was surprising. Looking forward to the next episode.
          Hi, I enjoy the comments. I had a few thoughts on them.

Regarding Malcolms training, he was intentionally inflicting pain on Thea with the water. What she could control was her reaction to the pain. So maybe they didn't show her hand turning red but I'm sure she still feels the pain. She's just been toughened up somewhat in her response to it.

I too have enjoyed when Thea and Oliver have been together, and it will be upsetting to me if she is somehow removed from the show. I liked it when it was Ollie, Thea, Walter and Moira. But that has already been wrecked. Not sure where Walter is, but I think he is still willing to help Ollie with the bank investment he mentioned in that board meeting. In Thea's case, she's always been a hot head. I hope she can give things with Oliver a chance. Surely she knows that Malcolm is a mass murderer?

I thought Ted was maybe 5 or so years older than Laurel, but i'm not a good judge of these things. And yes, I also thought that Laurel should have done a lot better against that guy, going back to her sometimes fights and such in the previous seasons. On the other hand, I didn't think Thea had enough time to become super proficient in fighting as they appear to be.

The Felicity and Ray thing is kind of odd. I can only assume that Ray is in some way aware that Felicity is involved in some important things. No idea why a boss would allow someone to work 2 or 3 other jobs while at work for him. Unless, he approves of what she is doing, or maybe he is working for an enemy of Team Arrow and is spying on her somehow? He saw some things in that data that he seemed concerned about. Not sure if he plans on using that information somehow for his own benefit or maybe try to press chages against Merlyns company. IIRC Merlyn was using the applied sciences during the undertaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
            Seeing how much emphasis Stephen Amell put on the guidance with archery they had on the show I agree with the absolute silliness of the bows and arrows made from things he scavaged from the hotel room. Add to it that Roy is just picking up the bow and is still a marksman with his very first shot? Sorry, he needs to get a feel for it first to find the bows sweet spot.
            Yes, it seems like all these people have leveled up their skills, but somehow Laurel lost a level?

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              This was just the comic book fan in me putting another perspective/spin on whether Laurel, Sara and even Ollie are "League"-ready -- right now, so soon after the S3 premiere. In the online realm at least, the impression left with me is that some viewers may think the Arrow is either already ready to do so or is well on his way. Same with Sara's Canary. I think it's still premature to declare anyone a definitive superhero with barely two seasons into their stories.

None of them are ready, including the lead, and I don't expect them to be yet ... but if the endgame is that we'll get at least a half-decent CW version of GA and BC by series' end, it's undoubtedly a question that would come up. Has hero A or B grown by series' end to be someone that is "worthy" (a very broad and loaded term, I know) to stand with the JL? Considering their legacy in the JL (and in some versions of the JL, BC is a founding member) it'll be something that we could only really answer in hindsight once a series finale has aired and gone.

I don't want even a whiff on the JLA (or even too many DC shout-outs) on the series at this point. SV got carried away with stacking the roster with cameos and its effects weren't always positive. Any cameos should enhance the lead superhero; it sometimes had the opposite effect re: Clark, especially when they made Clark appear as lagging behind.

Of course, if we are talking about SV Clark as Superman -- maybe Arrow should be the one making judgment calls on his League worthiness:

Clark: I'm Superman. Called dibs on being the boss when you were still stuck on that island. That means you do what I say, "Arrow". Anyway, we already have a Green Arrow. That reminds me, I'm supposed to help him and Chloe paint their new condo this Saturday.

Ollie: Hold on, there. Granted, you did have ten seasons. A pretty good run. But during one of those seasons, you battled a sorority full of vampires, dressed as -wait for it- Zorro. Tell you what, I'll call Martian Manhunter and Batman. Run it by them -- maybe we can run this new league by committee, rotating chair every six months. Share the responsibilities. Whaddya think?

Clark: Hoisted upon the flagpole of shame by my own Zorro costume.

Well, i actually have not seen small ville. I was just curious, because your posts had me wondering if there was a kind of JLA tv show coming? I vaguelly recall such a thing from a long long time ago, and it was live action.

Comment

Thea's training is certainly not over or anywhere close to it, she's probably got the basics and that's pretty much it. I do think she's probably a "natural" for some things, specifically I'm expecting her to turn out to be a better archer than Oliver with my probably reading too much into Oliver's admitting to Roy that he wasn't a "natural" when he first started while at the very least Thea was at some level an accomplished archer while Oliver was away, of course assuming those archery trophies in the pilot were actually meant to mean something.

Oh yeah funny it should be mentioned because I've been thinking about it lately, that's one of the many things I ended up hating about Smallville's guest stars and super hero rating stunts with how many times they were allowed to shine at the expense of Clark. Something that so far in last two seasons and three episodes into season three Arrow hasn't really done to Oliver.
                Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 10-28-2014, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎