Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonardo da Vinci, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonardo da Vinci, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

After reading Jonathan Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. Architects of Forever I absolutely fell in love with the idea of there being other iterations of the title concept across history starting from Imhotep who carried a round shield with a depiction of Horus in it.

Would you be interested in seeing historical figures like Imhotep fighting the Brood, Leonardo da Vinci flying to space with his glider, Galileo Galilei creating a telescope weapon to fight Galactus etc. etc. etc. all under the concept of Shield, protecting the world from the known and unknown?

The closest thing to a modern day we'd get would be with Howard Stark, Nathaniel Richards and Peggy Carter.
    Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 10-21-2014, 09:50 AM.

I tend to dislike revisionist history stories. Da Vinci was already awesome. He doesn't need a robot hand. That's just me.

Comment

I get where you're coming from. Revisionist history can come across as lazy too. We care about a certain person because we've heard about him/her, him/her was real etc.

Yes, Da Vinci was awesome but I don't think it will ruin his memory by making him even more awesome, the dude deserves exposure. You just need the right frame and execution for it. Kinda like in Doctor Who when he meets Vincent van Gogh - time can be (partly) rewritten. It was really cathartic and moving seeing Vincent experience how famous he became after his death.

Think of it this way. The Marvel Universe is not our universe. Marvel has it's own Thor mythology, it's own World War II history (Cap & Red Skull) and it could have it's own Da Vinci history, infact it already has if Hickman's run is considered canon.

Comment

It can be done. But it doesn't interest me on the concept alone.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎