Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Things You Can't Outrun" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "Loved It? Hated It?" thread going up?

Comment

• Fantastic episode. Loved the end scene too and also cant wait for next week!

Comment

• I encounter something common in western supernatural shows. Character with X power just donīt abuse or use itīs power if the plot demands them to be beaten.

I donīt know the trope code but it basically runs like this. Certain character with certain skills (more obvious if his skills are extremely powerful like the flash) for the sake of the plot, need to be into trouble or lose or whatever.

So the show creators instead of coming up with a clever, realistically way for it to happen, instead they give the character a moment of full idiocy or they just donīt use their powers.

In the specific case of flash i understand how creating a character so powerful itīs a problem. I guess you should think about it before giving or making a show of such powerful character.

Notice the real life show Extremely depower him to 1/100th of his comic power level, and itīs still too powerful. I thought they did this so they can create believable scenarios where he has problems. Instead he is given a speed of around 1800km/h and shown to easily dodge and outspeed bullets, but somehow he canīt dodge regular punches that take him out.

What really surprises me is how nobody seems to be complaining about such thing when i see the shows review. Why iīm the only human with this problem?

Yeah Iīm mostly referring in this episode how the flash let the myst hit him, even touch him, or even REACT to his presence. it is shown that he can do whatever he wants before another person even noticed his presence, but when he faces this metahuman, he decides to slow down to normal human speed, he did exactly the same thing in the last episode, I guess this is going to be the trend of the series?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fopsrey
          I encounter something common in western supernatural shows. Character with X power just donīt abuse or use itīs power if the plot demands them to be beaten.

I donīt know the trope code but it basically runs like this. Certain character with certain skills (more obvious if his skills are extremely powerful like the flash) for the sake of the plot, need to be into trouble or lose or whatever.

So the show creators instead of coming up with a clever, realistically way for it to happen, instead they give the character a moment of full idiocy or they just donīt use their powers.

In the specific case of flash i understand how creating a character so powerful itīs a problem. I guess you should think about it before giving or making a show of such powerful character.

Notice the real life show Extremely depower him to 1/100th of his comic power level, and itīs still too powerful. I thought they did this so they can create believable scenarios where he has problems. Instead he is given a speed of around 1800km/h and shown to easily dodge and outspeed bullets, but somehow he canīt dodge regular punches that take him out.

What really surprises me is how nobody seems to be complaining about such thing when i see the shows review. Why iīm the only human with this problem?

Yeah Iīm mostly referring in this episode how the flash let the myst hit him, even touch him, or even REACT to his presence. it is shown that he can do whatever he wants before another person even noticed his presence, but when he faces this metahuman, he decides to slow down to normal human speed, he did exactly the same thing in the last episode, I guess this is going to be the trend of the series?
          Young Barry is just learning what he can and cant do with his newfound power. I think the writers are trying to show a steep learning curve with this in the episodes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎