Where is Iron Heights?

Moira and Count Vertigo among others in Arrow have been held in Iron Heights prison but in Flash the criminals as well as Barry's father are also kept in Iron Heights. In the Pilot for Flash we saw Barry running along and stopping 5 miles from Starling City when he decided to talk to Oliver who commented that Barry didn't travel 600 miles to say "Hi", that's quite a distance between Central City and Starling City, why are they sharing a prison?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    They might be two different prisons with the same name.

They started using Iron Heights on Arrow eventhough it was originally a location from the Flash comics.

Makes sense. I didn't read Flash so the locations and origins are a bit vague to me. High security prison seemed to move from Iron Heights to Lian Yu island halfway around the world when they dropped off Deathstroke so I guess 600 miles isn't really that far.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 10-20-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Iron Heights was close enough to Starling City to be impacted by the earthquake machine. 600 miles between cities isn't exactly close. At 60 mph, it's a ten hour drive. Even if Flash is running at 600mph, it would still take him and hour to get between cities. Something tells me the distance was exaggerated by Oliver. Barry was also able to take a train between cities that was able to cover the distance in short enough time to be the same working day.