Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast

Teen Wolf Mafia (Official Game Thread)

Hello one and all and welcome to TEEN WOLF MAFIA I am your evil overlord Laura a.k.a your mod Hopefully this game will be an...interesting one

Now some rules, and note that I added a new section about the graveyard, which I'm sure many players already know/do but I figured it should be actually in the rules:

Game Overview:

In this game, players are given both a role and alignment in secrecy, they may either be members of the mafia or members of the town. In the public thread, every player takes on the idea that they are sided along side the town as townies. The townies job is to find and lynch those who are lying about their identities, the mafia before the mafia kills all of the innocent townies and are able to take over the town.

General Rules:
    1. I am the game mod. I have ultimate authority over the game, but I am only human and I may make mistakes. I have done our best to even out the playing field and create a fun game for both scum and townies. Please respect me and my decisions.
    2. Everyone is assigned a role/character at random. Role-claiming (Claiming your role or character) is not allowed.
    3. The game operates in two phases: Day and Night (NOT real time). Day phases will last no longer than 5 real life days and night phases last no longer than 72 hours. (unless otherwise specified due to out of game circumstances.)
    4. During the day, players discuss who they think is scum and will have the chance to vote on someone to be lynched.
    5. During the night, those with special abilities will PM their targets to the mod. Absolutely no discussion in the thread is allowed during a night phase.
    6. Townies are NOT allowed to talk with any other player outside the thread concerning mafia. Mafia are only allowed to PM each other during the night phase. All mafia related discussion must remain in this thread. This rule only has an exception if specifically stated by myself or Summer in your role PM.
    7. If you die at any point in the game, you are not allowed to post in the thread again. Dead people can post in the graveyard thread, but please follow the graveyard rules and do not post any privilege information.
    8. Stay active! Posting off topic is NOT encouraged. You must make 3 posts per day phase. If you cannot make this limit before deadline, please let us know. If you do not give me a reason for your absence and you do not make the post quota, you may modkilled!
    9. Do not quote anything outside this thread as evidence and DO NOT EDIT your post! If you need to edit it for some reason like Ksite messing up formatting badly or something just ask in the thread and I will grant you permission.
    10. Above all, HAVE FUN!

Daytime Rounds:
    Each daytime round will consist of each player throwing around suspicions and accusations of who is in the mafia/SK. The mafia/SK will use this time to “deceive” the other players and often try to throw suspicion on others. If you are a townie it is job to figure out who is lying and who is telling the truth. Trust me, this won’t always be an easy feat. I advise every player to participate in discussions as much as possible, but I only require each player to post 3 times per day round (some cases may vary). The more you participate, the more fun the game will be. At any time you can give a player an IGMEOY or FOS (see common terms and acronyms). These are used to show the other players who you find suspicious. When you think you have enough evidence to lynch somebody. You may vote for that person.

Voting
    1. Votes must be cast in the following format, in all capitalization: VOTE: PLAYER X. Any vote that is not in this format will NOT count. We highly encourage votes to be in BOLD and if at all possible in RED. (This will make it much easier if we have limited time to check out the thread).
    2. If you want to change your vote, you must first UNVOTE in the same format as above e.g.UNVOTE: PLAYER X
    3. The number of votes required for a lynch is the majority of the players (if even # of players: 1/2 of the players plus 1; if odd # of players: 1/2 of the players plus .5.
    4. Once the required number of votes is reached on a given player, that player will be lynched. After that you cannot change your vote or unvote. The game will enter twilight and a lynch story will soon be posted and Night will begin.
    5. At deadline, if the required number of votes is NOT reached, a reduced number of votes will be accepted. This is half the original required number of votes. If there is a tie, whoever reached the number first will be lynched.
    6. At deadline, if the reduced number of votes is not met, there won't be a lynch.
    7. You can also vote NO LYNCH. If majority votes for a NO LYNCH, then the round will end there. There is NO reduced number of votes at deadline for NO LYNCH.

Nightime Rounds:
    1. No posting in the thread during a night phase.
    2. Any player with a special ability will have a deadline to send in an ability PM. If the player misses deadline, then the ability won't count. THE SOONER THE BETTER!!
    3. You may not speak about the game with any living or dead player unless specifically told so. This includes MSN convos where you throw around small accusations that could end up making you think someone is scum.

Outside of the Thread:
    1. Again, please note you may not talk to anyone unless specifically told. This includes night phases or day phases.
    2. Please do not discuss mafia via instant message unless you are given permission. I have been in situations where this is done and maybe have done it so myself, this is not accepted. Please refrain from doing so.
    3. Do not talk to dead players at all!! In the event a player is revived or we just decide to bring them back as a replacement it is best to not have told them anything that could factor into their opinions.
    4. Even if you feel you have personally offended someone it is better to apologize in the thread. Please keep that in mind, I understand you may feel necessary to do this over PM or VM, but it is better if things are not dealt with outside of the thread!!

Roles:
    Every role I have assigned in this game is based off a character from the game's theme. Everyone is assigned a character at random. You must try and keep your role a secret. We hope you each enjoy your role as we have tried our best to make the game enjoyable!

Role Claiming/Character Claiming:
    There is not to be ANY role-claiming or character claiming in this game. Please refrain from hinting. Townies, I have been in your position before but I have also been in the mafias, it truly is not fair. I know if you have information you need to guide the town, but please do this subtly and fairly. Now I know that you all know what hinting is, please don't act like you don't.
    Please take note that hinting will not always go as planned!! While it may seem like an advantage and a way to win the game, things are never that simple in mafia, and definitely not when you have someone like me as your mod.
    IF you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding what you are allowed to say, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me.

Questions:
    If you have a question at anytime, please address us in bold and red so that I can clearly see it, and go onto asking your question. If your question is something to do specifically with your role or character, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE me your question and I will reply as soon as we have an acceptable answer.

Stories:
    Stories are to reveal who died, and nothing else. There will be added Flavor to fit the theme.

Other Rules:
    1. Please obey all K-Site rules!
    2. No flame wars, personal arguments, or offensive language!
    3. Remember that this is JUST A GAME! Don't take this game personally. Everyone means well, it is just that some people get more into the game then others. That is just how they play.

The Graveyard:
    Only dead players may post in the graveyard and any players still alive are not allowed to look in there, and could I ask anyone who does post in the graveyard to put anything that's not general fluff, into spoiler tags just in case anyone accidently goes into the graveyard then they won't see anything they shouldn't. So
    phrases like "I think x player is suspicious" or "I can't believe they don't remember x player did that as a townie last game" or "I think they're lynching the wrong person", should be put in spoiler tags.

COMMON TERMS AND ACRONYMS:
    IGMEOY: “I got my eye on you”
    FOS: finger of suspicion
    BWCS: best worst case scenario
    AtE: appeal to emotion
    Hammer vote: a final vote that lynches a player
    L-#: used to describe how many votes a player is away from being lynched. For example: If it takes 5 votes to lynch and a player has 3 votes that player is at L-2
    LyLo: “lynch-or-lose” Used to describe a situation when the town does not lynch or mislynches, they lose.
    MyLo: “mislynch-or-lose” Used to describe a situation when the town mislynches, they lose. However, a No Lynch will usually lead to another round.
    SK: serial killer
    RVS: “random voting stage” – commonly used at the beginning of the game as way to the game going. Players will usually vote each other for random reasons.
    EBWOP: “edit by way of post” – since you are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have an edit you need to make, make a NEW post with EBWOP at the top and state your changes.
    Lurking: Used to describe someone who is online and reads the thread but makes few posts OR someone who isn’t very active. (this is NOT encouraged)
    OOC: “out of character”
    OT: “off topic”
    Fluff: Any conversations that have nothing to do with the game.

Starting Tips:
    The big question is: how do you begin? Well a common starting strategy for Mafia is to begin the game in a RVS (see above). People will accuse/vote for other people (often for silly reasons) just to get people talking. Since this is an online game and you can't read facial expressions, the best way to play is to analyze what other people say. Find when other people are being suspicious and when it looks like their hiding something. You have a week to get your votes in so don't feel like you have to rush the game. Investigate, dig deep and sniff out whom among you is scum. Remember that you can always UNVOTE if a majority vote has not been reached or the deadline has not passed. Please do your best to participate and stay active, the game is not fun when everyone is quiet.

The Living:
    Ash (Degobunny)
    Tricks
    Kitty (kneel4justice)
    Lou (LouLou26)
    Fz (fantomzoner)?
    E (embraceourside)
    John (jpfort1957)
    Jenny (FWvidchick)
    ​Pali
    Splints (fingersplints)
    Bea (Bea 828)
    MP (MovingPictures07)

Night 0:

Stiles sighed, blinking his eyes rapidly, trying to clear the fog of sleep which had settled in his brain. He's been alternating staring at his laptop screen and a the pile of books next to him for hours now, sorting through information on the various types of Wolfsbane. Earlier that day he and Scott had come across a patch in the woods that they didn't recognise and neither did Derek, which was never a good sign. Derek may not be the most social of people but he knew his stuff; and Dr Deaton, their other source of information regarding all things supernatural was out of town...which just left Stiles.

So here he was at two in the morning researching freaking Wolfsbane, whilst Scott enjoyed a nice restful night's sleep after what Stiles guessed was a wonderfully romantic date with Allison.

"You know Scott it really should be you doing this, after all it's your stupid werewolf self that'll get killed if some hunter puts this in their bullets and shoots you, or if you accidentally ingest some somehow, or if you're just exposed to it for too long" Stiles grumbled to himself.

After about another ten minutes of searching Stiles groaned in anguish as he realised that not only was he solely responsible for identifying a deadly plant and it's cure but he also had an essay due in tomorrow...that he hadn't even started yet.

Oh well that will just have to wait until tomorrow morning Stiles thought to himself as he popped another Aderall pill. This was going to be a long night.

Night 0 has begun, anyone with night actions get them in asap, day 1 will start Tuesday 8pm GMT, although if people want the timeline extended let me know
    Last edited by Leanerlaura; 10-20-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Just a reminder that day 1 starts in about 9 and a half hours, so be sure to get your role pms in cause I'm still missing a couple

Day 1:

“English book…English book where are you?” Stiles mumbled to himself as he rooted through his locker.

“Here” Said a voice behind him and Stiles nearly jumped a foot in the air with shock, and proceeded to bang his head against the locker door.

“Seriously Scott…you have got to stop doing that, we need to get you a bell on a collar or something” Stiles said as he turned, rubbing his head and saw his friend standing behind him with a grin and holding Stiles’ English book which seemed to have dropped on the ground during Stiles’ rather violent search.

“Sorry” said Scott handing the book to Stiles.

Stiles replied merely by gesturing with his hand for Scott to forget about it as he closed his locker door.

“So how was the date with Allison?” Stiles asked Scott as he jammed his English book into his bag.

“Great” said Scott with the dopey grin that he always wore when talking about his girlfriend.

“Well the research went appallingly thanks for asking” Stiles said after a moment of silence.

“Oh right the research, you didn’t find anything then?” Scott said surprised.

“Nope, apparently the combined force of Google and the town library couldn’t solve the Wolfsbane mystery, I think we’ll just have to wait and ask Deaton when he gets back”
    Stiles glanced over at Scott as they began to walk towards the English classroom, he was wearing a worried expression.

“Calm down Scott it’ll be fine, we just have to avoid that part of the wood for a few days no big deal”

Apparently that was not calming Scott down.

“Listen, cheer up, this year is going to be awesome ok? No more Jackson pushing everyone around, no more Matt being all creepy and suspicious and no more Gerard threatening your life or the lives of everyone you care about. Everything is going to be normal, just Lacrosse, dates with Allison, parties and homework”

Scott’s face suddenly went white “Homework? Oh no...I completely forgot about that essay we were supposed to do”

Stiles smirked, having completed his essay in just under 20 minutes that very morning.

“That’s it…I know what I’m getting you for your birthday… a dog collar complete with bell and a book of memory exercises”

Day 1 has begun. The day will end at Sunday 26th October at 8pm GMT. With 12 players alive it will take 6 players to lynch before deadline. At deadline it will take 4 votes.

I was on my way to stop by and make an entrance and apologize for being late - come to find out, no one has even posted a thing. I guess the party truly doesn't start until I walk in. Hope this quietness isn't a trend for the game, you can tell a lot by the first few hours, lol.
    Where y'all beez at?

Lol, I just came back from basketball practice and saw to my surprise no one posted, so I started reading the story, and I refreshed and saw your post Kitty.
    HEY!!!! So weird to play again, but I'm excited It's been over 4 months since my last game

So, is this going to be a normal basic game, or is it going to be a twists and turns kind of game, Laura?

Anyone here????????????

Oh! Hey FZ!
    I'm glad you're back and able to play with us again.

I'm assuming that there are going to be a few twists at least - based on Laura's comment at the top of the thread, saying hopefully this game will be an interesting one with the tongue smiley. I'm not sure which twists she can implement with a relatively small group of players - but excited none the less. I'd love to be behind the creative process of this game, the show is too great.

Quote Originally Posted by kneel4justice View Post
    Oh! Hey FZ!
    I'm glad you're back and able to play with us again.

I'm assuming that there are going to be a few twists at least - based on Laura's comment at the top of the thread, saying hopefully this game will be an interesting one with the tongue smiley. I'm not sure which twists she can implement with a relatively small group of players - but excited none the less. I'd love to be behind the creative process of this game, the show is too great.
    pssst don't tell Laura, but I didn't read the top post...

Anyway, I know nothing about this show, but I'm guessing that if we're keeping the regular town/scum ratio, there are 3 mafia and one orange role (traitor or something of the sort)...or maybe 4 mafia and one orange.

Off topic

Why do you like the show so much? Never seen it. Just trying to find something to start watching

Quote Originally Posted by fantom zoner View Post
    pssst don't tell Laura, but I didn't read the top post...

Anyway, I know nothing about this show, but I'm guessing that if we're keeping the regular town/scum ratio, there are 3 mafia and one orange role (traitor or something of the sort)...or maybe 4 mafia and one orange.
    I'm in agreement with an orange role - the show has many characters who would fit the idea of an independent, like someone obviously bad such as Peter, or even someone who is on the good side but have been lead off course for a season or something - like Allison or Stiles. Of course, this is all foreign to you. lol. There's really a lot of options as for what the mafia could consist of, because each season kind of has a new villain storyline, perhaps she meshed them up...I could always read the story and find some clues...but, don't tell Laura.....

Quote Originally Posted by fantom zoner View Post
    Off topic

Why do you like the show so much? Never seen it. Just trying to find something to start watching
    Oh mannn, IDEK what to say! I love the characters, and the story-lines are very interesting, dealing with mythology/supernatural creatures. I know the name Teen Wolf can kind of make it sound a bit basic and unappealing but there's so much more to it than that. I really enjoy all aspects of the show! It's mysterious and entertaining.
    Ok, we really need a topic here, everything is kind of pointless. But not much we can do with 2 players. Hope some others show up soon. Well, if I don't respond quickly, it's because I've got to get to writing this paper.

Okay, thanks. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

Yeah, we do need someone else. I'm going to sleep in a few minutes anyway. Hopefully, people will stop by later. I'm waiting for someone to say that we're too fluffy or something Then we can get the game started...

Have fun writing the paper

Yay for the start of the game!
    I couldn't remember if I could post or not during night 0 so I stayed quiet bc no one else posted
    Besides I spent a few days at the beach and was quite enjoying myself.

I know nothing of the show but did see the movies. Even though K4J won't give Gotham a proper chance I may watch Teen Wolf

Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast