View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Put the STAR in Starling City.

    7 19.44%
  • 9

    13 36.11%
  • 8

    8 22.22%
  • 7

    4 11.11%
  • 6

    3 8.33%
  • 5

    1 2.78%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - Like Sara this episode went SPLAT.

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I do remember Oliver being incredibly upset as soon as both Tommy and Moira died. The scene when Moira died was probably his best. Oliver could have shown at least a bit more emotion when Sara died and when he found out about Thea. It would have tipped anyone over the edge.
    Oliver not showing emotion made perfect sense with his explanation. A leader can't let emotion get the best of them when the rest of the team is already emotional, doing so would put every one in the team at risk given the possibility of a bad decision being made.
    Also given this is now the third time that Oliver has seen Sara die it wouldn't be as emotional as he would have learnt to deal with her being dead well and truly by now IMO.

  2. #47
    >>>THE FLASH<<< super_j_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    Central City
    Posts
    18,589
    Also not to mention when Tommy died, Ollie was pretty much done fighting Merlin. When Moira died, Slade had pretty much beaten Ollie to a pulp emotionally. When Sara died, he didn't have time to process or grieve like the other times. He had to go right away and find Sara's killer. Hence his line about being the leader and everyone looking to him. You could tell that Sara's death did affect him a little bit and was trying to hold back, hence everyone saying he felt pretty stiff. I guess Ollie could have cried more at the end of the episode but we don't know that he didn't cry off screen.

  3. #48
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    Not really sure how to quote everyone but here goes.

    @Doubledevil: I see what your saying but to me it looked like Oliver was back at square one and any development of his character from season one went out the window.

    @Lipzo: Oliver may have believed that Sara had died several times but he had never seen her dead body before. I understand what you said about Oliver being a leader but it seemed like Felicity and to some extent Diggle wanted Oliver to show some sort of emotion even if he is a leader. There is also a worry that Oliver could become too detached from his role if he doesn't show too much emotion.

    @Super J Man: I think what you have written makes the most sense (the first half) but I still think Oliver could have shown a bit more emotion .

  4. #49
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    Other points:
    *The lighting was really dark in the Arrow vs Komodo motorcycle showdown. I was getting really confused at who was who. Dark green when not in the light looks like black.
    I agree with this 100%. When one of the archers went down on his bike, i was all "Yay, Ollie got him!" then it turns out it was Ollie who was down and it was confusing to me

  5. #50
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Posts
    524
    I didnt realize arrow was back, so last night i watched both ep 1 and 2.

    So far, I am really happy that a new season of Arrow is on

    Ollie/Felicity - Huh? I know my memory is bad, but I don't remember any kind of build up for this in the previous season. For me, I have not seen Felicity have any real sparks with anybody except those few times when BA was a guest star.

    Arrow Team - well, it seems a theme for this entire season is how the progression of life will affect the mission of Team Arrow. Nobody stays in place over time, but the mission of Team Arrow will not change much. It was cool when Ollie delivered the "You have failed this city" line tho It seems a question of, will the Team be able to stay together as a cohesive unit as real life intrudes upon each of their time and desires. And the funeral ... it was sad, not only because of Sara but because it seems that everybody was evaluating just what they are doing.

    Ollie - I think he is still trying to find himself, exactly who he is now. At least he has realized that he doesn't want to be alone forever. Which leads me to ...

    Laurel - finally, she is getting it into gear. This is what I have been missing for some time from her character. She is not going to sit there and let everyone make her decisions. She has a very strong sense of what is right, and justice, and it's really being forced out of her with all these recent events. I loved it when she got that guy in the hospital bed and was abusing him lol It's not that she has a dark side, but that she is tired of everything going wrong and shes going to do something about it and if some crook gets in her way, he's going to pay One thing I found a bit unrealistic, and somewhat humorous, was when she was going to shoot Komodo. The bullets were missing from the gun? who picks up a gun w/out checking the bullets are in it? Besides, she should just go buy herself a gun or two, instead of sneaking Ollies or Diggles extras And it was heartbreaking to see what happened with Sara, and then Laurel showing up in the Arrow HQ with Sara's body Well, I agree with her, it's not fair what has happened. I am excited for her this season, as I can see an explosive, exciting character going forward.

    Roy - I get the feeling that with Felicity and Diggle getting a lot of air time, it's putting Roy in the background somewhat. When they put Roy into some scenes, it almost always pays off for good. The situation with Thea and that note And we all know how stubborn Thea can be, so Roy probably feels its basically over and done. But I am glad he has stuck with Arrow.

    Ray Palmer - hey, isn't he the guy who can become super tiny? I'm trying to remember lol. It doesn't seem that he is a bad guy as much as a pushy CEO or something. But hey, these are the type guys that Robert Queen and Merlyn were all mixed up with back in season 1. Actually, wasn't Merlyn trying to improve Starling City as well, in his own way? Yipes.

    Sara - i know she was pretty much a dead body in this ep. But I can't make sense of who killed her. When she asked, "What are you doing here?" and then quickly got drilled with arrows. I assume they were arrows but, i have a theory. It seemed to be 3 arrows, which might be a clue or it might be to make it look final. Assuming its someone we are aware of, and not a new character -

    Malcolm - He used the 3 arrows like that before, but I can't find a reason that he would be in the least interested in killing Sara. And I don't even think he is in Starling now anyway.

    Thea - Well, i really don't see this either. Not sure why she would kill Sara, but furthermore, I don't think she, a relative noob, could pull it off w/out Sara being more aware of the ambush. Now, if Thea showed up as a friendly sister of Ollie, and then Sara says, "What are you doing here? " and then Malcolm could have then shot her unawares he was there? Bah, none of this makes sense to me.

    Komodo - Well, he said he didn't do it. Ollie seemed to believe it.

    League of Assasins - If Sara had some kind of spat with Nyssa, then maybe Nyssa killed her? Doesn't add up for me either. But the fact that Sara recognized somebody before she was shot, maybe there is something here?

    Slade - I think he is gone, but if he had shown up I think she would have had a more severe reaction than "What are you doing here"

    Roy/Ollie - just can't see it.

    Helena - I could actually see this, but not sure what crazy reason would Helena have other than she might be expanding into attacking LOA members. And those arrows that were in Sara weren't long like the ones that Ollie uses, but kinda shorter like maybe a crossbow bolt? Helena is crazy but I really hope that she didn't do this. I remember those two going at it a few fights last season ...

    Ah well, lets enjoy this new season.
    Last edited by NightHawk777; 10-20-2014 at 06:35 PM.

  6. #51
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    @Night

    -"Olicity" No there was no true build up in the previous season unless you classify what happened in the finale of S2. The writers had teased that relationship and to their credit rather then just throwing the 2 into a date scene they at least had Diggle's moment with Oliver to sort of convince him into it. Though it still felt fairly rushed.

    Team Arrow - I agree but I don't agree with what you say. I agree with the fact that everyone within the team (except for maybe Roy) will be trying to find their life outside of the Arrow cave throughout this season (Diggle with his kid, Oliver learning to be a part of QC and Felicity doing whatever), but they will always come together when they are needed.

    Oliver - This season (IMO) is his final crucible. It his him learning how to live the island life (As the Arrow) and the well known Oliver Queen lifestyle.

    Laurel - As for who picks up a gun and doesn't check it, presumably someone who doesn't handle guns often and not to mention the fact it was in the Arrow cave so there is no reason no to expect it to be loaded especially seeming when she opened the draw there wasn't a magazine sitting next to it like you would expect from an empty gun. With that said, I think that entire thing was a pure plot device to push Laurel to becoming BC as she will learn over the course of this season that revenge isn't the answer.

    Roy - Typically speaking Oliver's sidekick (like any sidekick) get's kicked to the back burner a bit, though I think as the season goes on he will get more time. They have to give more time to the well known members of Team Arrow first as they have been around longer but you can see when Roy does speak everyone listen's to what he has to say now.

    Ray - Yes he is the guy that can become small, AKA The Atom. He isn't supposed to be a bad guy, he is (or will be) a member of the JL so there is no chance of him becoming like Malcolm.

    Thea - As for the "relative noob" part, if you go back to S1 and pay close attention to her room she actually did have archery trophies so there is groungs for that assumption and calling her a "noob" is a bit unfair.

    LoA/Nyssa - [SPOILER]It has been stated that in a future episode (I think the next episode) that Nyssa finds out about her death and is extremely unhappy about it, which pretty much rules her out[/SPOILER]. Though the rest of the league/ra's it is still as good a possibility as any.

    Slade - He has been confirmed not to be around this season so that's a big no

    Helena - That is a possibility I never thought of but I really don't see it being the case.

  7. #52
    Posting Pro bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    1,053
    Weak episode. Way too much Felicity, not enough Hong Kong flashbacks and Diggle.

  8. #53
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    @Night
    Laurel - As for who picks up a gun and doesn't check it, presumably someone who doesn't handle guns often and not to mention the fact it was in the Arrow cave so there is no reason no to expect it to be loaded especially seeming when she opened the draw there wasn't a magazine sitting next to it like you would expect from an empty gun. With that said, I think that entire thing was a pure plot device to push Laurel to becoming BC as she will learn over the course of this season that revenge isn't the answer.

    Thea - As for the "relative noob" part, if you go back to S1 and pay close attention to her room she actually did have archery trophies so there is groungs for that assumption and calling her a "noob" is a bit unfair.

    Helena - That is a possibility I never thought of but I really don't see it being the case.
    I still disagree about Laurel and the gun, but it's an amicable disagreement. She's the daughter of a cop. She has been around guns her whole life, i would think. But I agree, it was a plot device, and I suppose I am being nit picky. But it stood out to me when i watched lol

    I have nothing but love for Thea. When I say relative noob, i mean relative to Sara and her experience. Not meant as an insult to Thea but an observation of her skill level vs Sara. Not that it matters, because if Thea did that, I will be unimaginably surprised.

    Helena makes sense to me only in that she could have pulled this off. And I can't think of another who could have, or would have, done the hit on Sara. The reasoning is flimsy, but I was just trying to think of known characters, because of Sara asking "what are you doing here?" It could still turn out to be someone that we are unaware of.

  9. #54
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    2
    Disliked, and only for one reason. Not buying, even though it's a comic based show, that Thea can become a Kendo master in 6 months. Nope. I don't care who trained her, she shows way too much skill in that scene for such a short period of time. It's an insult to those who spend years studying Kendo and honing their art.

  10. #55
    Settling In Fletching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 13
    Location
    On Every Arrow
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk777 View Post

    Sara - i know she was pretty much a dead body in this ep. But I can't make sense of who killed her. When she asked, "What are you doing here?" and then quickly got drilled with arrows. I assume they were arrows but, i have a theory. It seemed to be 3 arrows, which might be a clue or it might be to make it look final. Assuming its someone we are aware of, and not a new character -
    Good start on the analysis. I'll add my two cents. It was somebody she knew since she did not react alarmed. The person knew Sara since the voice addressed her by name. If said person had a bow in his/her hand and was aiming at Sara, wouldn't she be totally on assassin alert and do some acrobatics to dodge the shot(s)? Therefore, I think the person who spoke only served as the host/hostess of the assassination. The arrows came from one or more accomplices. Even so, why did the "master" archers hit her in the gut on the first shot? Why not the heart like Arrow took out the first Count Vertigo? Early in S1, Felicity tracked down the source of the dark archer's arrows. WTF? The arrows in Sara's body are untraceable? We've witnessed every criminal in the series having a pattern and this killer has no M.O.?

    Finally, the question I have is: who would have a strong motive to kill Sara? There are 1001 unknowns that might want revenge upon her for killing someone, but that doesn't fit the way the hit went down. Ra's is the only semi-known character that would have reason to terminate Sara. She abandoned the LoA, she came back and found out some really terrible secrets about what Ra's wants to do with Starling City so she fled again, Ra's didn't like it and needed to send a message to his League; he follows her to Starling City and orders his minions to pump her full of arrows.

    Or, Merlyn killed her to get back into the good graces of Ra's and the LoA. The Arrow won't kill him because he's Thea father and voila! he's back in the series to annoy Team Arrow forever until Thea chooses sides.

    Or, Sara staged a dramatic death in front of her sister to ensure she would never come looking for her again. We're all being duped.

  11. #56
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    I wonder who called dibs as baby Sara's godparents?

    "Ollie (while shaving at arrowcave, practising menacing faces he'd use in the streets): "You have failed this city? No, wait -- you have failed this city?! Umm -- you have failed this city!!! No, too scary. You have failed this city! Sw-eee-t. Yeah, I'll go with this one.

    Diggle: Look, I've got to take this phone call. You're Sara's godfather, guess who's got diaper duty -- right now. You can practise scary Arrow faces when Sara's all tidy and clean.

    Ollie: Oh s#$%!

    Diggle: Hey, how'd you guess?"
    Best. Post. Ever.

  12. #57
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    Good start on the analysis. I'll add my two cents. It was somebody she knew since she did not react alarmed. The person knew Sara since the voice addressed her by name. If said person had a bow in his/her hand and was aiming at Sara, wouldn't she be totally on assassin alert and do some acrobatics to dodge the shot(s)? Therefore, I think the person who spoke only served as the host/hostess of the assassination. The arrows came from one or more accomplices. Even so, why did the "master" archers hit her in the gut on the first shot? Why not the heart like Arrow took out the first Count Vertigo? Early in S1, Felicity tracked down the source of the dark archer's arrows. WTF? The arrows in Sara's body are untraceable? We've witnessed every criminal in the series having a pattern and this killer has no M.O.?

    Finally, the question I have is: who would have a strong motive to kill Sara? There are 1001 unknowns that might want revenge upon her for killing someone, but that doesn't fit the way the hit went down. Ra's is the only semi-known character that would have reason to terminate Sara. She abandoned the LoA, she came back and found out some really terrible secrets about what Ra's wants to do with Starling City so she fled again, Ra's didn't like it and needed to send a message to his League; he follows her to Starling City and orders his minions to pump her full of arrows.

    Or, Merlyn killed her to get back into the good graces of Ra's and the LoA. The Arrow won't kill him because he's Thea father and voila! he's back in the series to annoy Team Arrow forever until Thea chooses sides.

    Or, Sara staged a dramatic death in front of her sister to ensure she would never come looking for her again. We're all being duped.
    I watched again yesterday. They seem more like arrows to me this time, as opposed to cross bow bolts. But i still think Helena could pull it off.

    I agree with the idea that someone was a distraction, while another hit her with the arrows. That makes more sense. If Sara saw someone with a bow aimed at her, it seem she would not have been taken so unawares.

    Another interesting thing was when Arrow was interrogating the guy who had fingerprints at the crime scene. The guy said something like, "some lady asked us to get out of there" and then he said, 'Whoever it is your hunting, I wouldn't want to be him". So I am assuming here, that it was Sara who asked them to leave. So maybe she knew something was going to happen, or maybe she had a pre-arranged meeting with a different person than the one who showed up. Or maybe it was to meet Laurel, I dont' know. They were on a rooftop, do people hang out regularly on rooftops in these cities?

    The eyewitness indicates that it was a "he" who Arrow is hunting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •