8 24.24%

11 33.33%

1 3.03%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Run Barry Run far away from this episode.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

What did you think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved it. I still have to watch it again because I missed the first 16 minutes.

I didn't really expect the ending. They also have to stop killing off the villains.

LOVED IT. The writers/actors are nailing these characters down and the actors are great are portraying them. They could tone the cheese down a little bit though.

Highlights:
    *I got a lot of Smallville vibes from this episode...all the good ones at least
    *LOVE how Joe West is being portrayed. When he offered to help Barry prove his Dad innocent.....the feels man, the feels.
    *LOVE the lighthearted and humorous tone of the shone. Just tone down on the cheese and it'll be great!
    *BTW, it's not just Joe but I love the journey ALL these characters are going on. They are not written to be one note characters and actually feel real and grounded.
    *The last scene....OH MY GAWD!!! Harrison Wells is bad....very bad...

The not so good stuff:
    *The "freak of the week" was meh. His power was cool but character/personality was not that cool.
    *This Barry needs to learn how to fight. He needs to be trained by Oliver or someone...maybe he can take fighting classes with Laurel

All in all a 9/10!
    Last edited by super_j_man; 10-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.

New In Town
    It was awesome!
    Also, want to know what Simon Stagg's life span was in the comics. Did they kill him off too soon tonight?

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    LOVED IT. They really are nailing these characters down and these actors are great are portraying them. They could tone the cheese down a little bit though.

Highlights:
    *I got a lot of Smallville vibes from this episode...all the good ones though
    *LOVE how Joe West is being portrayed. When he offered to help Barry prove his Dad innocent.....the feels man, the feels.
    *LOVE the lighthearted and humorous tone of the shone. Just tone down on the cheese and I'll be great!
    *BTW, not just Joe but I love the journey these characters are going on. They are not one note characters and feel real.
    *The last scene....OH MY GAWD!!! Harrison Wells is bad....very bad...

The not so good stuff:
    *The "freak of the week" was meh. His power was cool but character/personality was not that cool.
    *This Barry needs to learn how to fight. He needs to be trained by Oliver or someone...maybe he can take fighting classes with Laurel

All in all a 9/10!
    All great points Jess! I just wish Barry Allen had a few muscles..........he is the weakest looking speedster I've ever seen!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    The last scene....OH MY GAWD!!! Harrison Wells is bad....very bad...!
    He's Professor Zoom. He has to be. My guess is, he traveled back through time killed Barry's mother (the man in the lightning looked an awful lot like Professor Zoom, I would argue too much to be coincidence), plus Wells has access to newspapers from the future.............newspapers that hint at The Flash's fate in Crisis on Infinite Earths........perhaps he is meddling with the history of the Flash to alter the crisis somehow in the future. IDK just a guess.

Posting Pro
    If he is Professor Zoom, then he has some other plan in mind because he is protecting Barry, and cares for him in some weird fashion.

I liked the episode, but more for the character development than for the 'metahuman of the week' bit.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    I was very impressed with this episode, in all respects. I'm glad that Barry's childhood with Joe and Iris was explored further, plus another scene with his father. Dr. Wells is also shaping up to be a very interesting character, but the trailer for next week's episode has me concerned. I really hope this season doesn't follow the "freak of the week" formula, like "Smallville" did. Its good for a few stories here and there, but it can also get old very quickly (no pun intended).

What is it going to take to convince people that the producers are not being misleading when they unequivocally state that Harrison Wells is a 100% wholly original character and not someone from the comics such as Reverse Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    What is it going to take to convince people that the producers are not being misleading when they unequivocally state that Harrison Wells is a 100% wholly original character and not someone from the comics such as Reverse Flash?
    You could very well be correct. I'm only theorizing that he is Professor Zoom (Eddie Thawne is a better candidate in the sense that they have very similar names). Whoever Harrison Wells is or isn't, I'm intrigued to see how his story unfolds.

The fact that the producers have unequivocally stated that Wells is a wholly original character should make any speculation about him being the Reverse Flash a moot point because it's false, but people have apparently arbitrarily decided that the producers are lying.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    The fact that the producers have unequivocally stated that Wells is a wholly original character should make any speculation about him being the Reverse Flash a moot point because it's false, but people have apparently arbitrarily decided that the producers are lying.
    A lot of people on here don't know anything about Flash and the characters in this universe. We're going to speculate and have theories about who characters are or aren't; its all in good fun. And not all of us are reading everything that comes out about the show; we're just enjoying the ride.

Speculation that runs completely contrary to unequivocally explicit and readily checkable information is silly.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperheroFan87 View Post
    He's Professor Zoom. He has to be. My guess is, he traveled back through time killed Barry's mother (the man in the lightning looked an awful lot like Professor Zoom, I would argue too much to be coincidence), plus Wells has access to newspapers from the future.............newspapers that hint at The Flash's fate in Crisis on Infinite Earths........perhaps he is meddling with the history of the Flash to alter the crisis somehow in the future. IDK just a guess.
    There were/are two Reverse Flashes. The guy in the wheel chair is the first one, yes, but his power is still based on speed. The second one, eventually, is the blond haired cop; his power is based on time. He has a mental breakdown and thinks the only way for Flash to truly become a hero is to experience grief and suffering, hence why it's the cop reverse flash who goes back in time to kill Barry's mother. That treadmill that was built to withstand Barry's speed? It eventually becomes outfitted to time travel and becomes known as "The Cosmic Treadmill"

Source?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast