Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America 3: Civil War (2016)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of Wednesday the film has become 2016's biggest grossing film taking in a worldwide gross of: $981,945,889

Comment

• Current worldwide gross: $1,053,490,153.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 05-22-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Current worldwide gross: $1,143,112,490.

Comment

• Finally saw the movie and it was great!

Loved the characters both old and new. The returning cast is so comfortable with their role and luckily the story pushed the characters to the next level, Steve and Tony especially. Even though there weren't any casualties (aside from T'Chaka and people in Sokovia etc.) I liked that there were consequences. Rhodey getting injured and having to learn to walk again is better than killing off the character. Taking away characters take away stories. Having Bucky be frozen in Wakanda under the protection of T'Challa who didn't give in to revenge...great stuff. Going back to Steve and Tony, it will be really interesting seeing them interact in the next Avengers movie.

Action scenes were fast paced and brutal, even more so than in Winter Soldier. Felt like the Russos wanted to top themselves, it was good that they did. When it got more cartoony at the airport it still worked. It's kinda amazing how that scene elevated the movie, how well it worked given how out of nowhere the characters come.

Luckily each drafted hero gets his or her time before the action kicks in. Spider-Man especially works so well, Peter and May seem so well cast. It was a good decision to have Spider-Man be an established hero in the world. The audience is already familiar with the character. Seeing a third origin story within 10 years or so would have been too much.

Zemo wasn't much of a villain but he was a rather great catalyst. An excuse to make the heroes fight, especially telling Tony who killed his parents. I liked how Black Panther stopped him from committing suicide too, even after what Zemo did to his father.

I'm sure there's plenty of plotholes that will reveal themselves upon rewatches. The biggest thing that bugged me is something that bugs me everytime it's missing: good music. The soundtrack is not memorable at all, not even the end credits song, something even Winter Soldier accomplished. This was essentially an Avengers movie and it was missing the Avengers Theme, even if the team was coming apart.
          Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 10-09-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Got to see this (yay, Netflix!) at last.

I thought I might be disappointed as I've heard nothing but praise and that might raise my expectations too much.

I was not disappointed. In fact, it was better than I thought! I thoroughly enjoyed the film (except for a few weak spots).

My 3 favorite scenes/moments:
            1.) When Steve threw his shield near the start of the film and took out that guy? So cool!
            2.) Ant-Man becoming Giant Man. I may have literally cheered out loud. *blushes*
            3.) The Bucky and Cap vs. Iron Man fight. Watching Bucky wield the shield with such ease was fun. (And, of course, knowing what I know from the comics, was a nice little treat.)

Spidey was good (jut the right dosage, IMO), the stuff with Scarlet Witch was interesting (though I would have liked some mention/appearance--even in photographic form--of Quicksilver), and I feel we got a solid start with T'Challa/Black Panther.

I did not like the Vision much, Zemo made for a sort of weak villain, the giant font for the locations for a little annoying, and I was hoping for more than just a photographic 'cameo' by Peggy. Oh, and the Sharon&Steve 'love story' felt forced, to me.

But on the whole, loved it and definitely want to see it again.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎