No announcement yet.

Smallville to end with season 11

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville to end with season 11

From NYCC looks like Smallville comic book is finishing up with it's current run. It was a good run all thanks to BQM for prolonging Smallville for one more season. If it was going to end no better way than your version of Crisis on Infinite Earth's.

Moderator John Cunningham opened the panel by introducing DC Digital head Hank Kanalz, along with Bruno Redondo, Jeff Parker, Cat Staggs, Brian Q. Miller, Shawn Kittelsen, Marc Guggenheim, Alex Antone, and Kyle Higgins.

Miller kicked things off talking about the end of Smallville Season 11, the end of which will mark the end of the series. "We're bringing together our own proto Justice League to fight the Monitors. My artists hate me right now, cause it's a chance to draw everyone."

http://www.newsarama.com/22417-nycc-2014-dc-digital-download-this-live.html

Bryan Q. Miller @bryanQmiller · 3m 3 minutes ago

I'll do a proper Tumblr post about it when I get home, but yes, #SmallvilleS11- and the series- will be concluding with Continuity.
    Bryan Q. Miller @bryanQmiller · 37s 38 seconds ago

It was planned well in advance that Continuity would bee the comic series' finale. We just couldn't announce that until today

Last edited by maasaloo; 10-12-2014, 12:31 PM.

Kind of sad, but it couldn't go on forever. BQM said that was always the plan, but I'm not so sure. They left some things open to future exploration, like Darkseid's deal with Clark.

Oh well. Hope it ends on a satisfying note. 5 chapters left.

Comment

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Well done to BQM for prolonging the Great Show for one more season, at least in comic book form.

Comment

It was fun while it lasted. Who knows? We may see some specials down the line too.

Comment

Darn.

I am just about to start reading the comic books, really looking forward to it.

Thanks to Miller and co. for keeping a great series going for a little longer. Us SV diehards will always appreciate that.

Comment

I was glad to have Smallville again each week for 2 and a half years after it ended in 2011. Kinda sad but I'm glad the comic was even a reality anyway. BQM also shared that the series wasn't cancelled, but that was the ending planned for a long time. Thanks to Bryan and all the artists.

Comment

I knew this would be the end, but I didn't wanna believe it. It was good while it lasted though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdude22
                I knew this would be the end, but I didn't wanna believe it. It was good while it lasted though.
                I didn't want to believe it either. I'm really disappointed. I've really enjoyed what BQM has done.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                  BQM also shared that the series wasn't cancelled, but that was the ending planned for a long time.
                  This makes me feel better, though, to know that it wasn't just canceled for no reason.

Comment

Well, it's not like comic publishers cancel books for no reason, usually it's because of low sales. I think the book was doing well on the digital market, after all it is a primarily digital book. So yeah, I do think BQM is telling the truth, I doubt this is a situation where the suits told a writer what to say for the company's image. He is usually upfront on twitter about aspects of the creative process.
                    Last edited by JohnnR; 10-12-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hopefully there will be some comic specials or what would be even better a tv or straight to dvd movie.

Comment

That sucks,I was really hoping for more Smallville after this. I hadn't had a chance to start reading Snyder's Superman Unchained, which I heard good things about that too but that's cancelled/ending as well.

I hope that Lex gets his memory by the end of this, since this is the end.

Comment

I'm assuming that they will continue publishing the TP volumes until they're caught up on all the arcs. Has anyone heard anything about that? I've got Olympus waiting for me at my local comic shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                            That sucks,I was really hoping for more Smallville after this. I hadn't had a chance to start reading Snyder's Superman Unchained, which I heard good things about that too but that's cancelled/ending as well.

I hope that Lex gets his memory by the end of this, since this is the end.

I didn't know this. Just ruined my day

Comment

Superman Unchained was always planned to be a limited series from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎