Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wonder Woman '77" announced!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing some thinking concerning [SPOILER]Nubia.[/SPOILER] She never appeared on the show. And, so far, the Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman series hasn't introduced new characters, but used past characters from the WW series [SPOILER]Eve, Joe Atkinson, Elena Atkinson, Gloria Marquez, Captain Radl, Dr. Solano, Orlich Hoffman[/SPOILER] and characters from The Bionic Woman. And then you have the upcoming returns of [SPOILER]Drusilla and Amadonna.[/SPOILER]

So, why would they suddenly introduce this brand-new character (in the middle of all the callbacks to the two shows)? On Facebook I've also seen Mangles make a strange reply to a question about the #5 cover: [SPOILER]it IS Nubia... the question is, "Who is Nubia?".[/SPOILER] Combining his remark with the fact that he turned [SPOILER]Gloria Marquez into Dr. Cyber,[/SPOILER] makes he think that he'll turn a black female character from the show (possibly [SPOILER]Eve[/SPOILER]) into [SPOILER]Nubia.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I finally got to read issues of WW '77. It's out in trade (the first few issues, that is) and my local library got it.

I both loved and hated it. I loved the callbacks to the show and the art was stunning (for the most part). I loved that we got to see more fantastical stuff (that they wouldn't have been able to do on the show, due to budget restraints). I loved that Steve Trevor got to play more of a role.

I hated that they brought in so much of the comics continuity (which surprised me. But I guess I just don't want references to DCU proper in my WW '77. It was it's own thing and I don't want it crossing over with DC proper.). I hated that the writer seemed to forget that as Diana she doesn't have any powers. (At one point she does this thing where she uses her powers as Diana. Which is impossible because she only has powers as Wonder Woman! This is canonical for the show.)

Am still looking forward to more, though (especially [SPOILER]Drusilla[/SPOILER]).

Comment

The new (2nd) trade arrived at my library and I got to read it this past week. I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Dursilla only (basically) gets a cameo, the villains were not that memorable, and the art varied wildly, IMO.

The first GN was much better, I thought. But I still hope for more (especially that WW/Batman '66 crossover!).

Comment

Just finished the final issue of the Wonder Woman '77/Batman '66 crossover. Not entirely sure, but it felt like they were hinting at a future [SPOILER]Justice League[/SPOILER] (likely mini) series with these characters. Of course, that would require the introduction of a few more characters. I could see them going with the George Reeves Superman and connect that show with the Batman/Wonder Woman-verse. Continuity-wise, it wouldn't work with the Chris Reeve Superman. The series would likely take place before Superman II-IV and Supergirl. And there are no indicators of other superheroes existing in those films (where were they when Zod showed up?).
          Last edited by jon-el87; 05-11-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Picked up the fourth issue of the Wonder Woman '77 Meets The Bionic Woman series. Great to see Amadonna and Drusilla back (been waiting for ages for more with the former). A bit sad that it appears that Amadonna didn't stay with Simon Penrose. Though, I like that they have Dru call her "Donna" for short. And we've got [SPOILER]Nubia[/SPOILER] and, like I suspected, they turned a character from the show into her. Wasn't expecting to see [SPOILER]Fausta Grables.[/SPOILER] Though, that's what I like about this series. It makes great usage of the TV show's continuity. Compare it to the Wonder Woman '77 series, where they really didn't use much from the show. Where WW suddenly has had past encounters with the original Cheetah and Doctor Psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              Just finished the final issue of the Wonder Woman '77/Batman '66 crossover. Not entirely sure, but it felt like they were hinting at a future [SPOILER]Justice League[/SPOILER] (likely mini) series with these characters. Of course, that would require the introduction of a few more characters. I could see them going with the George Reeves Superman and connect that show with the Batman/Wonder Woman-verse. Continuity-wise, it wouldn't work with the Chris Reeve Superman. The series would likely take place before Superman II-IV and Supergirl. And there are no indicators of other superheroes existing in those films (where were they when Zod showed up?).
              Recently checked out Batman '66 #30. It features a cameo by George Reeves' Clark Kent (along with the Lois, Perry and Jimmy, from his show. Plus a cameo by a Billy Batson and Jack Ryder). So, you could make the argument that they've already established that Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, Adam West's Batman and George Reeves' Superman inhabit the same universe. Now, if they could just do a Superman '52/Batman '66/Wonder Woman '77 crossover miniseries, where they all meet up and found the Justice League.

Comment

I realized I never posted on this thread that I got to read not only the Batman '66/WW '77 crossover (which I really, really enjoyed) but also the WW/Bionic Woman series. Which I also really enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎