No announcement yet.

"Wonder Woman '77" announced!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wonder Woman '77" announced!!

Been waiting and hoping for this announcement!

From THR:

It’s been more than three decades since Lynda Carter hung up her satin tights and stopped fighting for our rights with the cancellation of the 1970s Wonder Woman series, but the battle continues in a new digital comic announced by DC Entertainment at New York Comic Con Sunday.

Wonder Woman ‘77 not only spins out of the television series that ran from 1975 to 1979, but also the current Batman ‘66 digital series that launched in 2013 to critical and fan acclaim. As with the latter series, Wonder Woman ‘77 will debut with weekly digital chapters that will later be collected in print (the digital series launches in December, with print versions “to be released early in 2015,” according to DC).

Written by Marc Andreyko, covers for the series will be provided by Nicola Scott. Artists for the stories themselves will be announced in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 10-12-2014, 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding image

If I could, I would just make this reply all the happy, smiley, bouncy emoticons that the board provides. But since I don't want to do that, instead I will simply say that this news makes my day! I love Lynda's version of the Princess and any way to bring her back is just "wonderful" (C'mon, I had to!) to me!

Thanks so much for the news, Jon. I haven't heard/read even a whisper of this!

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Now bring on Superman '51 (George Reeves) and Shazam! '74 (including Isis) and create their own version of the JLA. Green Hornet should be a member too.

Let's throw in a Season 5 continuation of LnC (and maybe the 90s Flash series too) and a world based on the 40s Captain Marvel, Batman and Superman serials. Do it DC!

Comment

^I like the way you think.

Comment

I like the idea of this format and man that pic is nice! Great resemblence of Lynda Carter and this makes the costume look really good.

Comment

Andreyko's been given premission to use villains from the comics, as most the villains on the show were Nazis and gangsters. However, I do hope he can find use of some of the show's villains. Like Harlow Gault (a disembodied brain with telekinesis and a desire for a new body) and Dr. Joseph Reichman (the man co-created a process that made a man invulnerable. Who knows what effects his attempts to recreate the process might have on new test subjects... What powers they might develop). They could bring back Morgana La Fay and give her real magic powers. Have Orlich Hoffman build some new (and better) robots. And tie some of the comic villains origins to the show's villains. Like... Have Giganta be an offspring of Gargantua and/or have Cheeta be created with a version of the formula, used to create Formicida.

Finally, I sure hope Drusilla shows up (let us know what she's been doing since the war). As well as Amadonna (always wished the show had done some follow-up with her).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              Finally, I sure hope Drusilla shows up (let us know what she's been doing since the war).
              Oh this would make me so happy! I love Wonder Girl (her eps. are some of my faves of the series).

Comment

I hope if you create this comic you include the character of Professor Chapman played by the late Roddy McDowall (great and formidable actor)

Comment

Decided to post this here, instead of creating a new thread for it: Today (November 7, 2015) is exactly 40 years ago since the Lynda Carter series premiered.

Comment

http://www.newsarama.com/27761-wonde...-february.html
                    New 'issues' for this are set to return in February. I have not read the first run but the art just looks fantastic!

Comment

http://www.newsarama.com/31428-batma...7-in-2017.html

Adam West and Lynda Carter, together again for the first time?! I'm so in!

Comment

Picked up the first three (digital) issues/chapters of Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77. Feels weird to imagine these two shows taking place in the same universe. The Christopher Reeve Superman and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, I kinda could see in the same universe, but not the Adam West über-campy Batman.

Comment

Saw the cover for Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman #5. Looks like we'll soon see [SPOILER]Drusilla[/SPOILER] again. The cover also show some other characters: A blonde girl, whom I figure is [SPOILER]Amadonna (the Girl from Ilandia)[/SPOILER] and a black woman who resembles [SPOILER]Nubia.[/SPOILER]

It also features another woman in a mask [SPOILER]whom I've seen a few speculate is Doctor Cyber.[/SPOILER] Saw someone note a resemblence between this character and [SPOILER]Jessica Walter's character, Gloria,[/SPOILER] from the WW show. Which would be a nice touch. You take a one-shot character from the show and develop her into an existing Wonder Woman villain, for the comic, rather than just bringing in WW villains from the comics (who never appeared on the show). [SPOILER]Don't think they ever stated Gloria's last name in the episode, so she could easily be "Dr. Gloria Cyber".[/SPOILER]
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 01-16-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                            Looks like we'll soon see [SPOILER]Drusilla[/SPOILER] again.
                            Cool! I love her character (my fave episodes of WW were with her) and am happy to hear she'll be making an appearance in the comics.

Comment

Picked up Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman #2 and it is indeed [SPOILER]Gloria Marquez (Jessica Walter) that they've brought back and turned into Dr. Cyber.[/SPOILER] Also fun to see [SPOILER]Dr. Solano and Orlich Hoffman[/SPOILER] again. And I thought it was great that they had [SPOILER]Elena Atkinson[/SPOILER] be present at her dad's funeral (despite only appearing in only one episode, making her more likely to be forgotten). The series is of course written by Andy Mangels, who is a fan of the Lynda Carter series (and WW in general) and you can really sense his passion for it in this series.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎