No announcement yet.

#10.08 "Hibbing 911"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #10.08 "Hibbing 911"

Just the title, but I did my own bit of snooping and Hibbing is in Minnesota, which is the same state Sheriff Donna Hanscum from "The Purge" was in. Also, it seems some other actors dressed up as deputies were noticed on set as well. I'd imagine this could be a comical episode and spoof such shows as Reno 911 or Cops.

Interestingly enough, Hibbing is also the name of the town in Minnesota where Sam and Dean met "the Benders". I'm wondering if that won't tie in as well. Would love to see Kathleen (the lady sheriff from that episode) again as well. She's always been one of my favorite one-episode characters and I've long wondered what happened to her after the boys left town.

Comment

"JODY MILLS RETURNS Jody Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) reluctantly attends a mandatory sheriff’s retreat and is partnered with an overeager sheriff named Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster) who wants to bond. Just as Jody thinks things can’t get any worse, a body with just strings of meat and skin hanging off the bones is discovered. While the local sheriffs blame an animal attack, Jody knows better and calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles)."

Comment

Could be a fun episode.....

Comment

I like Jody Mills episodes

Comment

I like a good Jodi Mills story as well as long as it's not sacrificial of the main storyline's flow. Since they usually seem to go 3 and 3 with main storyline and filler in doing the math IF this is not a overarching plot (OAP from here on out) based episode that will mean out of 10 possible episodes (Alhough I'm not counting episode 9 because we have no synopsis yet) and in assuming episode 10 is focused on charlie and oz but not the OAP that means 6 have no intention of driving and endgame forward. And that makes me wonder if there is one at all or if they're stalling.

However, if it means on the other hand we get to see the endgame unfold binge style as opposed to seeing an episode like Metafiction move into a pointless story about monsters in Chicago than I will be the first one to be totally cool with it.
            Last edited by waynedeath1047; 11-14-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I love Jody and I think Kim Rhodes plays her magnificently, but if this episode is just another case of the week I'll be disappointed. This is season 10, the show should have a solid story for this season; instead it feels like they are trying to do too many story lines without knowing how to execute any of them. You'd think they'd learn from their past mistakes and actually write a season with a lot more story-centric episodes, but it doesn't even seem like the stories that they have begun to set up have any direction.

Comment

We are going to be 9 episodes in by the mid season finale and only 2 of them so far will have anything to do with pushing the narrative forward. The first 3 episodes were drawn out and didn't pay off. The second 3 were the usual case of the week stuff and even though the 200th episode was fun I'm still here wondering when this season is going to get started. Last weeks episode was a nudge in the right direction but now where are we? Taking one step forward and two steps back AGAIN.

Comment

yeah there's something wrong when you have more filler episodes than actual story episodes

I mean I just don't get it, the Demon Dean story could have easily filled 10 episodes, yet they chose to fix him asap so that we could get more filler episodes..?

what?

We could have seen so much more of Hell, D Dean, Crowley and Cole! Instead we got to see werewolves and whatever else there was I can't even remember it, that's how bad it was. Why would you resolve good stories as fast as you can in an episode or two if you could explore and expierence these stories further in many episodes?

Seriously each week when I look at the upcoming episode and it's another filler episode I just sigh.
                  Last edited by taftvalue; 11-29-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                    yeah there's something wrong when you have more filler episodes than actual story episodes

I mean I just don't get it, the Demon Dean story could have easily filled 10 episodes, yet they chose to fix him asap so that we could get more filler episodes..?

what?
                    '

I almost think the jokes about Robots and Ninjas and Aliens in the 200th episode were jabs at the fans by the writers because even they are like, "what else can we possibly do with this show?" I mean, it makes me think they are seeing just how bad they can make this show as like some sort of social experiment to show just how far fans loyalty can be stretched haha. Most of the SPN fans would actually still watch and be cool with it if the big bad was a giant robot, or a ninja, or whatever else they can think of. I mean, it was somehow plausible that a UNICORN stabbing a man through a FENCE was okay with everyone in season 7. Let's not pretend that THAT didn't happen. They say that they have places that they need to go. Or at least that is what Sam and Dean said when they were asked about the fact Dean was cured so quickly. But to be honest. The Clue episode was garbage. Hibbing 911 looks like it's gonna be garbage. And Rowena being Crowley's mom has all the potential in the world but I am not holding onto my breath in just how slap sticky I can see it becoming. Everything is being so drug out and nothing is being taken seriously. I mean, what was with the abrupt leaving on Hannah? She was the one all gung ho about restoring heaven and the mission being more important than anything and then BOOM, she has a change of heart? So random. So "WHAAAAT?" So...meh. I just hope to Chuck that they actually pull their heads out and do something that will blow our collective minds. I am loyal and I am not going to give up on this show because a bad episode of supernatural is still a million times better than any episode of say "Selfie" or "Mulaney", or whatever else craptacular shows are out now.

I honestly wouldn't know because I don't have cable anymore. But I fear for this show getting any more than 11 seasons when they roll out what they have so far. Maybe it really is time for Supernatural to hang up the cleats. It's either that or get a whole new team of writers who are passionate about continuity and playing off the strengths of this show instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Because let's be honest. If they really wanted to do a witchcraft themed season it should have been in season 3 and season 4 because it was then we were finding out about witches and souls and spells.

We could have seen so much more of Hell, D Dean, Crowley and Cole! Instead we got to see werewolves and whatever else there was I can't even remember it, that's how bad it was. Why would you resolve good stories as fast as you can in an episode or two if you could explore and expierence these stories further in many episodes?

See!? EVEN I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT EVERY EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT! And I am passionate about this show. Did we have a werewolf episode this season? Oh yeah we did. That chick Kate came back. Which that episode was a TOTAL retread of the Garth episode last year. In fact WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY BRING BACK DJ QUALLS TO TRY TO HELP KATE? Man these writers are so lazy they could have had another quality episode on their hands but they again just phoned it in on us. That's so frustrating in that way that you just want to crumple up paper and throw it in the garbage can or the fireplace. It's just sad when they don't jump on the opportunities that are right in front of them.

Seriously each week when I look at the upcoming episode and it's another filler episode I just sigh.
                    I sigh even harder when we finally get an episode like we got with "Girls Girls Girls" that finally pushes us into an intriguing direction after 3 weeks of filler and then the next episode on the docket is a filler episode. Sure it's a Jodi Mills episode but I HIGHLY DOUBT it will have ANYTHING to do with the witchcraft plotline. There is a small chance it could because it has to do with them finding a body that looks like it was eaten by an animal. But I highly doubt it. I mean, if you're gonna use the sheriff quit making her the Supernatural equivalent to animal control and let her get her hands dirty with the main plotline like she used to.
                    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 11-29-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

The other thing I don't quite understand is that they loaded up all the "fillers" during November sweeps. I don't recall in past seasons where they had this many fillers during this always-touted critical time for the networks. Unless I'm missing something or they already have all their stats and stuff, I don't get it.

The other thing I have noticed is that this board used to light up the sky and crash a lot with all the postings and hits to the site. Now it's just a few of us talking about it. Arrow and Flash are getting a lot more fans on the forum than Supernatural is at this point (don't get me wrong I love both those shows too)....and Supernatural is not getting nearly the coverage on the other blogs and TV sites as they used to either.

I'm really hoping that there is some plot development in this episode going into the final episode before the break, but I'm not seeing it right now. Bonafide spoilers seem few and far between as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                        ]
                        I'm really hoping that there is some plot development in this episode going into the final episode before the break, but I'm not seeing it right now. Bonafide spoilers seem few and far between as well.
                        Well think about it Sheltie, even if we had the leaked scripts for episodes 1-3, 7 and 9 before they aired would there be anything in them that you would really consider spoiler worthy? I mean NOTHING has happened at all since the end of last season and "Girls, Girls, Girls" other than Dean being cured and Chuck returning. I mean, if someone asked me to explain to them the overarching plot to season 10 right now I honestly wouldn't know what to tell them other than it somehow has to do with witchcraft and Crowley's mother and Cas is trying to find his grace.

I am hoping that with all the filler episodes on the front half of the season it means they are going to bunch together the endgame episodes so we don't have to go through what we did last year between Metafiction and King Of The Damned. Here's hoping. ::raises glass::
                        Last edited by waynedeath1047; 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I'm tipping my glass to that too Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                            Actually, Jensen talked about this recently (at one of the Cons, I think?). Where he mentioned that, originally, the demon!Dean story was intended to go longer. However, they needed Dean back to his 'normal' self for the 200th episode (which had been planned long in advance). In order for Dean to be normal by then, they had to fix Demon!Dean before the airing of the 200th ep. Thus we got a much shortened Demon!Dean storyline. Jensen mentioned he wished Demon!Dean would have lasted longer but that he understood there's no way they could have written Demon!Dean into the 200th episode the way it was.

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
                            WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY BRING BACK DJ QUALLS TO TRY TO HELP KATE?
                            I believe TPTB said they wanted DJ back but that he was unavailable (I believe he's working on some other project).

Comment

It's entirely possible that Deanmon could return. He still has the Mark and that First Blade is in Crowley's hands. This might be the only way to get rid of Rowena, and Cain made Dean promise to kill him once he had killed Abbadon.

The new clip shows Dean trying to find intel from the MoL on the Mark. Perhaps he's feeling the need to deal with it rather than just poo-poo'ing it to Sam.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎