Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Making Friends & Influencing People?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Making Friends & Influencing People?"

What did you think?
    10 - Super Cool
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Let it go, let it go, don't give me anything frozen anymore...
    0%

Putting Simmons undercover without telling Fitz was cold. Fury would be proud.

Comment

I liked that this was a sequel to one of the best episodes of Season 1. After watching The Flash, though, it was blah watching something that was so mostly serious.

I do like that they're acting as a team, though. LOVED Simmons and Coulson interacting. He's like a father figure there. Liked that Fitz got some words in on Ward. And I'm liking the interaction between May and Lance Hunter.

Still not a lot of answers, but still loads better than where SHIELD was at this time last year. 8/10 for me.

Comment

I liked this episode very much. Yes, I watched the Flash before AoS, but the two shows seem to have very different vibes, so I can enjoy both of them without comparing. Having Fitz almost kill Ward was a great touch - I mean, why wouldn't Fitz want to kill him? The idea of Simmons infiltrating Hydra is brilliant - she is definitely NOT the character I would have guessed for that mission (I would have guessed Lance myself).

The episode did leave me with two questions though:

- Why was Hunter going to shoot Simmons?
        - What is up with Skye checking her pulse?

Comment

I'm starting to sound so much like a broken record, that it's probably time for me to start playing a different tune... That said, man... this show is just so much better than it was last year, it's like a totally different show.

With that, comes higher expectations, though. Double-edged sword.

I'm feeling too lazy to write a full review. This one was a solid 7. Storylines progressed. Character arcs are moving. People aren't acting like total nimrods. My only major complaint is that Hydra is too much of a cartoon. It's really weighing the show down and keeping it from being even better. Otherwise, I'm having fun. Looking forward to the next new episode.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            The episode did leave me with two questions though:

- Why was Hunter going to shoot Simmons?
            Coulson ordered Hunter to "end the conversation" before they could trigger Ice-dude's brainwash programming back into controlling him. Hunter was going to shoot Jemma because, at that point, he believed Jemma to be a Hydra agent. Ice-dude was still an asset and a target for acquisition. He couldn't shoot Ice-dude, so he had to shoot Jemma.

- What is up with Skye checking her pulse?
            Dramatic effect. It's to show us, the viewer, that she can shoot someone without being rattled, she can jump out of a plane without being rattled, but she's still hung up about the mysteries surrounding her family. That got to her.

Comment

I think SHIELD'S sophomore season is on more solid footing than last season. May fixes everything.

With May being aware of Coulson's latest mystery (his wall etchings), we can rest easier than he won't being keeping everyone in the dark to the extent that he did with T.A.H.I.T.I. And actually having a scene with May training Skye in firearms both helped to re-establish Skye's relationships with team members other than Ward and gave her some needed-to-be-seen credibility on the agent front. And with "official" SHIELD being a non-entity, her training is more ad hoc, in the field -- which I can readily accept post-Winter Soldier.

Simmons' mole-in-HYDRA story arc could be good, and from a character development POV it's good that Fitz and Simmons aren't attached to the hip. Fitz' own personal recovery/growth story arc continues to be the one to watch for me. It was also interesting to see Fitz test his own limits re: Ward.

Ward was never a HYDRA zealot as his loyalty was placed with Garrett (HYDRA was just the entree's side order and a chance to play for the "winning team"), but it's clear he's also relishing getting under Skye's skin. And he'll use Skye's origin to continue to do so, but whether he has his own agenda or is doing so to help out HYDRA's endgame remains to be seen. He may have no agenda other than to torment Skye.

Another good episode for SHIELD.

Comment

Thank you Backward Galaxy. Of course !! The only one on that team who knew Simmons was undercover was May, so it makes sense that Hunter would try to shoot her, just as it makes sense that May would shoot Hunter.

And of course again ! Skye is trying to be like May, so keeping her emotions in check (and monitoring by checking her pulse rate) would be a goal.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Hunter didn't know Simmons. I don't know the exact timing, but Xena could have brought him in after Simmons left.

I love Mack as the "Science Babysitter" to use a term coined by a podcast I listen to (They affectionately call Fitzsimmons the "Science Babies", so it fits).

Comment

I give this one a solid 7 as well.

As soon as they introduced the brainwashing from Hydra I feared that they would use that as an 'out' for Ward. 'Oh, he was just brainwashed!' or something. I'm pleased that they had him say he wasn't.

So Jemma is working for Hydra. Not surprised. Though I did think it was for Fitz, not because Coulson asked her to.

May getting her revenge. Do not make that woman angry, dude!

ice guy returns.

Skye talking to Ward again. Huh, his beard's grown.

Ward vs. Fitz. That was a lovely scene. I enjoyed them playing off each other. Ward actually did seem geniunely remorseful for what he had to do. And Fitz and the oxygen? I'd never thought of Fitz as sinister before but he made it work there!

And Fitz to the rescue! Well done.

Skye's first kill. She's come a long way but I have trouble believing that the woman who couldn't kill Ward would find it that easy to shake off killing her first person.

The brainwashing of the SHIELD agent worked, eh?

And Ward tells Skye a little about her father. Does Ward know more than he's telling? Makes me wonder....

Solid episode.

Comment

This episode was a bomb. At least, we learn what Jemma is doing since the end of season 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎